( search forums )
Bash Pit Suggestion
Soldat Forums - Misc - Forum News and Support
Swarmer
April 29, 2006, 2:14 am
Rumor has it that the bashpit is going. I think you guy should just limit the bp to 2 or 3 pages. That way it won't take too much space, and everyone who doesn't like it can just stay away from it.

frogboy
April 29, 2006, 2:42 am
You do realise that it's not so much the waste of space but the complete lack of any thought in the Bash Pit, right?

bond_james_bond
April 29, 2006, 4:23 am
Yeah, but it's where people can let it all out!

Deleted User
April 29, 2006, 4:55 am
If you want to be stupid go on jerry springer, save the forums from Idiocracy

FliesLikeABrick
April 29, 2006, 5:50 am
the size of the bash pit has absolutely nothing to do with us getting rid of it

Milkman Dan
April 29, 2006, 6:47 am
I really shouldnt be saying this... but instead of the bashpit theres going to be a surprise *cough*MilkmanDanfanforums*cough*

Keron Cyst
April 29, 2006, 4:02 pm
It's not the size (where'd that come from?); it's just the concept of letting uncivilized n00bs go rampaging on a forum section when there are thousands of other messageboards out there with less than 10 active members where they could go do so. I think the staff is doing the community good by trashing it :-)

thekingkitty
April 29, 2006, 4:05 pm
the reason why bashpit is so popular because its where you can rant like a [CENSORED], and not get banned for it, AND you are surrounded by people who you game with....without the ranting..where does all the testosterome go?

Alamo
April 29, 2006, 4:28 pm
The Bash Pit is going? What the heck?
Keep it... please!

Swarmer
April 29, 2006, 6:39 pm
I don't see whats wrong with keeping it there. You gotta admit, the rest of the forums are pretty boring. It's all soldat talk. There's no other way to develop community except for the lounge. The lounge is pretty cool, but it get's too serious in there sometimes, and you still can't post those dumb, kekeke-were-all-simultaneously-giddy posts that we all hold dear. I don't see what's wrong with just ignoring the bp if you don't want to read it.

I could live with it being gone, but I'd expect the Lounge to drop in average IQ pretty fast.

Tha Doggfather
April 29, 2006, 6:57 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SwarmerI don't see whats wrong with keeping it there. You gotta admit, the rest of the forums are pretty boring. It's all soldat talk. There's no other way to develop community except for the lounge. The lounge is pretty cool, but it get's too serious in there sometimes, and you still can't post those dumb, kekeke-were-all-simultaneously-giddy posts that we all hold dear. I don't see what's wrong with just ignoring the bp if you don't want to read it.

I could live with it being gone, but I'd expect the Lounge to drop in average IQ pretty fast.

That's where us Lounge Mods step in. I haven't been actively moderating these forums the past few weeks (months), but I sure intend to do so on the new forums.

Nothing wrong with a little laugh now and then, there will be room to have fun. I don't want to see topics like these though:

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=33602
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=33567
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=33586
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=33557
http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=33293

Get my point? I don't see how these are funny, and why you guys don't get tired of posting this bull[CENSORED].

Swarmer
April 29, 2006, 9:49 pm
I don't like some of those posts, but some people do. You don't have to read them if you don't want to. Some people enjoy posting crap like that. If taking up space isn't the problem, then what is? If it's just that some people think it's dumb, then isn't the best solution to just ignore it? That way everyones happy. People can post useless crap and enjoy it, and people can not read it at all and enjoy it. Deleting it will only benefit the people who don't want to read it. At the least, you can just remove the link from the main page, and have like a secret link part for it.

Deleted User
April 30, 2006, 2:45 am
dont get rid of it. if you dont like it, stay out. you see how many post there is on the bashpit, its the most popular board. its just harmless fun.

so have a bashpit like every other forum and let people have some fun.

Deleted User
April 30, 2006, 2:48 am
The Bash Pit is gone. It's for the better, trust me.

Now, just drink your chlorinated water and put down this silly resistance.

The Geologist
April 30, 2006, 3:15 am
You should be happy Swarmer...after all, the people being iditos in the bash pit are representative of us all. I know I don't want to be associated with people doing something I don't agree with. Just doing what's better for the image of the community.

Swarmer
April 30, 2006, 8:44 am
lol clever. But this isn't about moral issues, just some things about where to be silly. It's a difference of scale.

Deleted User
April 30, 2006, 6:55 pm
vive le ressistance

Pulp
May 1, 2006, 12:18 am
Just start an alternative to the soldatforums, if you don't agree with the policy on these forums. Nothing wrong with some diversity...especially when the official forums are as boring as the backgroundcolour imputes. Get rid of bigoted mods representing a repressive policy by creating a new order. :)

Deleted User
May 1, 2006, 3:55 pm
Before the second world war, there was a lot of research done on the varying ways to induce subtle mind control over large populaces. One such method involved adding a certain chemical substance to widespread water supplies. The Axis efforts funded many of these research firms, and in their demise, one company was bought out and brought over to the US.

The chemical? Chlorine.

The company? Colgate. Colgate toothpaste manufacturing incorporated.

Now shut up, drink your happy water and brush your teeth before bed.

Chakra`
May 1, 2006, 4:25 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by PulpJust start an alternative to the soldatforums, if you don't agree with the policy on these forums. Nothing wrong with some diversity...especially when the official forums are as boring as the backgroundcolour imputes. Get rid of bigoted mods representing a repressive policy by creating a new order. :)

They did that ages ago when this place went tits-up yonks ago. It's called http://www.fracturedsoldat.com/bbs/ !

..go on, go over there. They welcome all with open arms.

Alamo
May 1, 2006, 8:33 pm
Hey guys come on... This can't be it! The Bash Pit is like ... typical for Soldat Forums! It's a place without rules, you can do whatever you want. And it's great for your daily dose of randomness. I say, close down the Bash Pit and have all the useless stuff flood into the serious boards.

Captain Ben
May 11, 2006, 5:58 am
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistYou should be happy Swarmer...after all, the people being iditos in the bash pit are representative of us all. I know I don't want to be associated with people doing something I don't agree with. Just doing what's better for the image of the community.

True, but until you become a member you won't even know the bash pit is there. Recently (before i was almost a... long time inactive), I haven't been that big on the bash pit, but where is all the stupid [CENSORED] going to go in the forums? The mapmaker area? The mods discussion? General discussions? The stupidity will never go away because there will always be a Jebushunter, a Kingkitty or (god help us) a Camping Carl.

Taking away the Bashpit will just cause the sin bin to suffer from Mancer syndrome.

livingdalife
May 13, 2006, 4:24 pm
I reckon, if you want to get rid of the bashpit, then your going to lose all those Bashpit-dependant people who hang around this forum. The, if we lose them, we lose members, and then seriousness gets really fukin borin...WHY GET RID oF IT?
Mods don't really need to Moderate the place anyway...so if you get rid of it, I reckon your gonna lose our most beloved members.
This is where I want to confess my (undying love) for the KingKitty...I LOVE YOU!!!! (lol, Joking)