( search forums )
Mod chooser 1.3.1
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Fan Apps
rhide
April 30, 2006, 7:33 pm
When I was browsing through the mod archive a couple of days ago, and downloaded some of the mods, I realized its a pain to install and create shortcuts for all different mods you get. Therefore I decided to write a program that lets you choose a mod from a simple and fast interface instead.

Soldat mod chooser
Version: 1.0

[IMAGE]

This is how the program looks when you start it.

.:: This version ::.
- If you install new mods the program detect them automaticly and adds them to the list of mods. (Every new folder in your /Mods directory will be detected)
- The preview image is an image of any of the supported file formats (GIF, JPG, PNG), named for example preview.gif, and placed in the current mods folder.
- Allows you to run with a mod, no mod or simply config your settings in one single interface.

.:: Future additions ::.
- Will proboably look up the mods images instead of letting the user add one himself.

.:: Notes ::.
You need Java Runtine Enviornment 1.4 to run this application, find it here:
[URL].

Download: [URL].

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 1:09 pm
wow, I havan't download it yet, but it does look good.

I hope it works

bond_james_bond
May 5, 2006, 11:00 pm
d/l

Test...

Keep. Nicely done.

edak
May 5, 2006, 11:16 pm
OK nice app - simple and works well. BUT did you search the forums to find a program that already did that? there's a few out there including the mod-mixer which has been around for a while now and it allows you to do heaps more than that. It is not my intention to flame you because you are offering a good app, so please dont take offense. Grabbing the image files and putting them all together can be a big task, but by all means go for it.

rhide
May 7, 2006, 12:12 am
Thanks for the feedback lads, I appreciate it.

Mod mixer is indeed a nicely done and good app, Ive downloaded it and must admit it is a good app!
I guess Im a code monkey, because even if something means reinvetning the wheel, I do it just because I like coding :P I dont think so in this case however, I like the very simple and friendly interface this program gives you.

In the future I'll proboably expand this one to not only launch mods, but tools aswell, such as the mod mixer and the config programs that follows with some of the larger mods.