( search forums )
How did you discover Soldat?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
carnageX
April 30, 2006, 8:52 pm
Well, I was wondering, how did you all find out about Soldat and start playing it?

For me, it happened about a year ago. I asked a friend what a good freeware game was, and he gave me a link to Soldat's main page. I added it to my favorites, looked around it a bit, but didnt download it. So it's been in my favorites ever since. Then, when I recieved my April GameInformer magazine, I saw Soldat ranked #1 in a 2 page article titled "The Top 10 Games You've Never Heard Of". So when I saw Soldat, that reminded that I did infact hear of it. So I decided to check it out again, and voila, here I am now ^_^.

MOFO NOFO
April 30, 2006, 8:57 pm
liquid metal told me. before soldat i played soldat, stick soldiers and lf2.

Xurich
April 30, 2006, 9:03 pm
My friend suggested I download it a couple of years ago. I took a look at the screenshots and thought, "No way." A week or two later I saw other people talking about it on a gaming forum I frequented. I decided to give it a try, and I've never regretted it.

Deleted User
April 30, 2006, 11:32 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOliquid metal told me. before soldat i played soldat, stick soldiers and lf2.

lf2? what's that stand for?

i play stick soldiers now and then, but the controls... meh

Eagles_Arrows
April 30, 2006, 11:57 pm
Banner @ Metanet

Keron Cyst
May 1, 2006, 1:15 am
I discovered it almost half a decade ago at GameHippo but it wouldn't work on my ME back in the day. Not bothering to check Config.EXE, I assumed it was crap since it wouldn't run, and I trashed it.
Then, just two or three years ago, a friend AIMed me an in-game movie of it. I was awed and redownloaded it, and this time I actually tweaked Config.EXE, and it worked.

Awesome stuff. I've lost interest in it, tho', as the community has degenerated severely and bots get boring... :-P

uFo_Death`
May 1, 2006, 4:23 am
i saw it on this site with the top 10 online mass death and gore games soldat was No.2 i didnt download it,then i was playing oneo fm y fav songs and it says all the [CENSORED]ing soldats go to war,and it reminded me about it so i downloaded it.

LeonSK
May 1, 2006, 10:04 am
Well... I discovered it 3 years ago... I downloaded it, played it... and after a while it got boring... A year later, I heard my friends talking about it and decided to check on the website... and here I am now....

P.S. LF2 stands for Little Fighter 2 if I'm not mistaken

shoover
May 1, 2006, 8:11 pm
RE to ufo death, i heard this game got "top 10 games uve never heard of".

How i discovered this game was when i was playing on zone.msn.com, and my friend said "brb playing soldat" and then i think you can guess what happens.

kidy
May 1, 2006, 8:22 pm
i discovered soldat in our internet-pool of school.
some one of the older classes has played soldat there, and so i was intresting in it to test it also :) so i tried first in school :)i really liked it, it was in year 2002 or so, and i was 12 years old xD also my freinds played it after i was telling about the new cool brutal game :D

uFo_Death`
May 1, 2006, 9:18 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by shooverRE to ufo death, i heard this game got "top 10 games uve never heard of".

How i discovered this game was when i was playing on zone.msn.com, and my friend said "brb playing soldat" and then i think you can guess what happens.

mhmm i was on thi site for gorish games

(death raisers,Killer bee,Soldat etc etc..)

zaraza
May 1, 2006, 10:32 pm
I was looking for some download-for-free games...

bond_james_bond
May 2, 2006, 1:57 am
At first I alternated, being addicted to Soldat, then some other game, then Soldat. But now, I'm all Soldat.. .hardcore

DragonSlayer
May 2, 2006, 2:04 am
I discovered Soldat over 3-3½ years ago when I saw my friend playing it. I tried to play it on my PC as well but my [CENSORED]ty old PC couldn't run it. A few months later (about 3 years ago) I got a new computer and I started playing Soldat. My friend had quit by then but I have continued playing ever since.

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 2:27 am
i used to play liero extreme but then i found this and liked it more!

Ultra_Noob
May 2, 2006, 4:20 am
A few months back, I got GameInformer, and was looking through it, and I saw the "Top 10 games you've never heard of." I decided to check it out, but since it was free-ware, I didn't download it right then. Now, a couple days ago, I decided to check it out again, downloaded it, and I'm having fun. So, as my name says...I'm a noob XD.

Vijchtidoodah
May 2, 2006, 4:28 am
Me and MM were roommates in our first year of college (OMIGAWD, HELLURRR MICHAL) until we had a large fight one night. He wanted to grill some sausages in the room, I just wanted to touch his bum. So we went our seperate ways until, one fateful night, I heard a large crash outside of my house. Upon running outside to see if I could help, I saw Michal curled up inside his car as it lay smashed and sideways next to a tree. That was when he said, "Vij, my brother, I have always missed you and wish...I...I just wish that you would...play the video game that I have created for you."

So I did. I played it. I conquered it. And now it's hidden in the bowels of my computer somewhere, unused, dejected, and ultimately bum-touchy-less.

carnageX
May 2, 2006, 4:39 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Ultra_NoobA few months back, I got GameInformer, and was looking through it, and I saw the "Top 10 games you've never heard of." I decided to check it out, but since it was free-ware, I didn't download it right then. Now, a couple days ago, I decided to check it out again, downloaded it, and I'm having fun. So, as my name says...I'm a noob XD.

Heh.... I wonder how much Soldat popularity has increased since that article was released in GameInformer magazine XD. Since it made the #1 spot for Top Ten Games You Never Heard Of.

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 10:17 am
i found soldat from our schools computer and tried it... and now i play it all the time :D

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 5:03 pm
about 3 years ago my friend came by, and told me to try Soldat. I tried it, and I couldn't get used to it, so I stopped playing and forgot about it. A couple months later I was bored, and decided to try again, now I'm hopelessly addicted.

Leo
May 2, 2006, 5:11 pm
Well, I am sure my indroduction to this game is unique: My son was playing it :P

deniitemare
May 4, 2006, 8:24 am
my friend morbid told me about it on msn
i downloaded it straight away (he has good tastes in games) but as a strong believer of not reading manuals i gave up trying 2 play it.
bout 6mths later a mmorpg that i was addicted 2 got shut down for updating. so i started playing soldat and figured out how 2 change controls.
havent played another online game since

LeonSK
May 4, 2006, 10:00 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Vijchtidoodah
Me and MM were roommates in our first year of college (OMIGAWD, HELLURRR MICHAL) until we had a large fight one night. He wanted to grill some sausages in the room, I just wanted to touch his bum. So we went our seperate ways until, one fateful night, I heard a large crash outside of my house. Upon running outside to see if I could help, I saw Michal curled up inside his car as it lay smashed and sideways next to a tree. That was when he said, "Vij, my brother, I have always missed you and wish...I...I just wish that you would...play the video game that I have created for you."

Aww... How touching.... I feel inspired to.... register....
BUT! I can't...
So....
oh well....

Raptor
May 6, 2006, 1:00 am
A really good friend told me about it.