( search forums )
Change throw weapon ability.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
MOFO NOFO
May 1, 2006, 9:29 am
How about when you hold the F button, your weapon gets thrown faster(though not as fast as a knife).
In saying that, i also think that dropping weapons should damage people(but according to how long they fall/how much f is pressed).

bja888
May 1, 2006, 9:51 am
Its been suggested.... many times.

person
May 1, 2006, 9:56 am
I think it would be good, but so it could be used just to pass a weapon to someone; and not so that it can damage someone.

Deleted User
May 1, 2006, 6:23 pm
WE call this a "Combat Knife"

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 2:08 am
actually, i would like this. not because of damage it would make- thats stupid. but it would make searching for a weapon in a big pile a little easier if i could fling them away instead of dropping them near my feet

Tybs
May 6, 2006, 9:14 pm
Good idea... i hate having to toss my own weapon three times in a row in order to finally get that freakin knife from the ground :S

Eagles_Arrows
May 7, 2006, 3:20 am
 Quote:Originally posted by TybsGood idea... i hate having to toss my own weapon three times in a row in order to finally get that freakin knife from the ground :S

I have just the solution for that!

1) throw your knife at someone and see where it lands.
2) don't go toward the knife with the weapon you want to replace the knife with - just toss it at your current location and
3) rub to where your knife is.

And yes, I give this idea a thumbs up...

-Arbalest-
May 7, 2006, 7:18 am
Hmm... I perfer damaging the oppenent by SHOOTING not throwing our guns at them. Unless it's one hit kill which is improbable. What's the point in disarming yourself just to DAMAGE but not kill your oppenent? Nade and knife are much better alternatives.

Ozone
May 7, 2006, 9:12 am
That is a good point, who wants to throw your gun at someone if you've got a knife that goes faster and kills them instantly?

Tybs
May 7, 2006, 12:54 pm
How about a little one-second stun when u hit someone with the weapon u just tossed away? :)

a-4-year-old
May 7, 2006, 2:06 pm
i think all weapons should be thrown away at the angle that the person is pointing the gun (throwing up or down or anywhere) much like the knife only not as far and doesnt do anything to the players.

bond_james_bond
May 7, 2006, 2:42 pm
hahahaha

Throw your gun at someone and give them a concusion =DDD

BooBoo McBad
May 12, 2006, 12:08 am
I like it, wolud be a neat addition, like having someone nearly dead with say, an AK 74, and just chucking your gun at them, kinda humourus, but not dumb either.

On the other hand, it implements new strategy, and could mess up the balance on the weps as of right now.

For example, with a gun like the HK MP5, when you run out of ammo after shooting someone, they usually have next to no health, so it would be an easy thing to use, with the capabilites of a knife at that point considering their health, and then you pick up your gun and reload in an instant. I could imagine a great imbalance.

Also, are we going to use weapon weight? I don't think(I know) you can throw a minigun as far as a socom.

Last query, what about the Desert Eagles? do we throw one at a time? because two at once, especially in same direction or as one weapon, seems kind of odd.

X¬Rã¥
May 12, 2006, 11:11 am
Maybe with the deagles he could tie a rop between them and voila! you got yourself some nun chuckas! Hwu YAI!

And i like the thing about being able to throw you gun in the direction you want. I wanna be like that project x man.

MOFO NOFO
May 12, 2006, 11:49 am
Dude... All your posts are useless, you should read what other people say and see how civilized it is.

Fraggy
May 12, 2006, 4:25 pm
Bad idea, at least is should no be instant kill like...
It's cool but would everybody start throwing them weapons away?

X¬Rã¥
May 13, 2006, 2:19 am
 Quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFODude... All your posts are useless, you should read what other people say and see how civilized it is.

God, what the hell is wrong with you. I made a joke, then i said that the idea is good! If you want me to be more 'constructive' then fine.

This is a good idea. Maybe you could throw the weapon in the direction that you point your cursor. I dont like the idea of concussion, who wants to concuss someone if you've got a knife that will take off their head.

THERE!

Fraggy
May 13, 2006, 11:26 am
Pwnd?? lol...

MOFO NOFO
May 13, 2006, 2:27 pm
Thank you. This new skill you have earned will be of great use to the community when the new forums are out. Good day to you.

a-4-year-old
May 13, 2006, 5:02 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Keron Cyst Quote:Originally posted by MOFONOFO
... dropping weapons should damage people...
No! I love catching weapons in mid-air xD

I'm with SadistAtHearta-4-year-old here.
nice try getting around agreeing with me though, keep up the good work!

Medix
May 13, 2006, 9:49 pm
How 'bout all the weapons do damage when they're thrown? 1/4 HP Damage sounds nice.

Throwing Laws.