( search forums )
G0DMOD
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
brainfade
May 1, 2006, 3:45 pm
Its almost finished, (about 95%) but heres a WIP anyway. I was looking through some of the topics here and found alot of people thought 'Hey, such and such a weapon would be cool in a mod', or 'Hey look, this weapon in this mod is cool!', and coincidentally some of them were included in this mod.

Changes:
Weapons:
DEs: All changed
(Dual Magnums)
MP5: All changed
(Mac)
AK: All changed
(NATO)
Steyr: All changed
(Assault Rifle)
Spas: All except fire sound changed
(Kromo)
Ruger: All changed
(Carbine)
M79: All changed
(Grenade Launcher)
Barrett: All changed
(Walther)
Minimi: All changed
(Herstal)
Minigun: All changed, except uses FN Minimi fire sound
(SCAR)
Flamer: No change
Rambo Bow: No change
Flamed Arrows: No change
Knife: Only name changed
(Dagger)
Chainsaw: All changed (graphics need to be done though)
(Suicide Pack)
Law: All changed
(RPG)
Stat gun: No change

Sounds
22 Weapon sounds changed

Bots
16 Brand new bots:
Ali
Alien
Arnold
Carver
Chav
Chewbacca
Dead Eye
Dirty Harry
Mr.T
Rambo
Samson
Sgt. Johnson
Soldier
Spec Ops
Stalker
Trooper

Text
A few subtle changes to the text

Interface
This mod has an interface, but I havent tried it myself; more details here: [URL]

Known Bugs:
Using the NATO or the Suicide Pack, you cant change weapons or throw grenades, and when you crouch whilst moving forward, you will turn into a sort of 'snowboarder'.

Screenies:
[URL]
[URL]
^Samson is a l33t bot^

Please try out and post feedback.
[URL]

Mäjsseli
May 1, 2006, 4:35 pm
I have few suggestions:
1. Why dont u call the weapons in their real name?
2. Many guns have too thin barrel.
3. Walther doesnt really look like walther
4. What is kromo???
Other than those. Nice work.
And btw. This should be in totally leet mods. Cos if it has weapons.ini .

brainfade
May 1, 2006, 5:23 pm
1. Because I felt like it, but in the alternate weapon names in the txt file, I used their real names.
2. In the interface or in the game? Because for the interface if I made them more than a pixel they would be out of proportion.
3. again, interface or gameplay? If gameplay, I know what you mean, it seems a bit pale.
4. Kromo = Benelli M3 Super 90 Kromo. It is a chrome-alloy metal and is one of the most reliable shotguns in the world. will never corrode.
Thanks for the support. Ill try and get a mod to move this to totally l33t. I was wondering if I should put it in here or there, its sorta on the brink.

xtishereb
May 2, 2006, 1:50 am
Looks nice. *d/ls*
Why did you make the first "O" a "0", but not the second "O"? (G0DMOD vs. G0DM0D)
Also, the weapon sounds are missing.
The interface guns (the ones that show up in the menu and on the kill console, located in *SOLDAT*\Interface-gfx\guns) are missing. This is one of the main reasons people download mods.
The mod took too much effort for me to install. I wanted to drag & drop the folder in the zip into my "Mods" folder then run the mod, but I found that I had to extract the mod from a "Mods" folder inside the folder.

LUNATIC COW
May 2, 2006, 3:15 am
Ew... the only weapon that looks semi-decent is the "Assult rifle" which looks like a mix between and HK UMP and a G36.

brainfade
May 2, 2006, 8:11 am
 Quote:Originally posted by xtisherebLooks nice. *d/ls*
Why did you make the first "O" a "0", but not the second "O"? (G0DMOD vs. G0DM0D)
Also, the weapon sounds are missing.
The interface guns (the ones that show up in the menu and on the kill console, located in *SOLDAT*\Interface-gfx\guns) are missing. This is one of the main reasons people download mods.
The mod took too much effort for me to install. I wanted to drag & drop the folder in the zip into my "Mods" folder then run the mod, but I found that I had to extract the mod from a "Mods" folder inside the folder.

hmm... It should be all there... Ill look into it. And lunatic cow, it is a g36. and if you think theyre all crap, you do better.

Mäjsseli
May 2, 2006, 2:53 pm
I think that g36c looks like g36c .
Its the best. And i do mean the interface graphix.

brainfade
May 2, 2006, 5:18 pm
thanks ^_^

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 2:51 pm
Looks very nice :)!

Kinder-Slauf
May 14, 2006, 11:27 am
Damn i dont know how to make the mods work.... :( can some one help me?
So you extract the mod to the soldat\mods thingy, then what?