( search forums )
Pop Up Window When Soldat is Started
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Pr0digy
May 1, 2006, 9:37 pm
its really weird. Everytime i start soldat, a 404 IE popup comes right when i start soldat. I asked some people in the game i was in if they got the same thing, and they said yes. Any ideas?

a-4-year-old
May 1, 2006, 10:03 pm
same, ignore it. it doesnt change the game at all.

Krillious
May 1, 2006, 10:19 pm
ye, but was it?

rabidhamster
May 1, 2006, 10:20 pm
The ad server is messed up, that's all.

a-4-year-old
May 1, 2006, 11:09 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterThe ad server is messed up[again], that's all.

Deleted User
May 1, 2006, 11:31 pm
http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=33691

bond_james_bond
May 2, 2006, 1:55 am
ive been opening soldat unregistered and where the banner is supposed to be, there's nothing. It's blank - and I dont get the 401 thingy

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 3:31 am
Thats because soldat's ad server (monosix.com or something) is down.
As others have said ignore.

If you want this to go away I suggest to register.

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 3:47 am
 Quote:Originally posted by jrgpThats because soldat's ad server (monosix.com or something) is down.
As others have said ignore.

If you want this to go away I suggest to register.

It happens for registered people too.

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 4:53 am
read the topic sadist put up, the server that handles the nag screen is down, hence, why regged ppl get it

GAMEOVER
May 2, 2006, 8:08 am
Wish hed just get rid of it already he could just put an advertisement link in there instead of linking it directly to a webpage.

Alamo
May 2, 2006, 1:59 pm
There's advertising in Soldat? I registered a looong time ago... didn't know that ^^

FliesLikeABrick
May 2, 2006, 2:43 pm
This has happened before and should be fixed in a reasonable amount of time. No worries ;)

This is due to a temporary issue with the server responsible for the ads that show up on the nag screen

this will effect people who are and are not registered, because Soldat still interacts with the ad server when you're registered.