( search forums )
Help modifying weapons.ini
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
Temporal
May 2, 2006, 12:16 am
I've looked around, but haven't quite found what I'm looking for (the closest being this chart.)
Does anyone have a list of what each function does exactly?

This is the general idea that I have so far from experimenting, but I'd love more explnation on each variable as well as corrections if I'm horribly off on these if you wouldn't mind!
[code]
[Gun Name]
Damage How much damage each bullet does?
FireInterval How long it takes to fire the next round (without reloading)?
Ammo How much is in each clip?
ReloadTime How long it takes to reload?
Speed How fast the bullets move?
BulletStyle Bullet type (4=Grenades)? Also, what are the types?
StartUpTime How long you have to hold the trigger in to fire?
Bink How much accuracy is lost the longer you shoot?
MovementAcc Makes the bullet move faster if moving forward?
[/code]

Also, What exactly is the difference between the two bars for weapons. With the default Interface, there is a large yellow bar, and a smaller grey bar below the yellow one. What exactly is the purpose of each of these, and which variable changes them?

I'd also like to know how to change the 'recoil' of the weapons. I'd like to be able to have some guns send you flying backward when you fire it, but I'm not sure exactly how to go about doing this. I've done it with the minigun, but have not been able to reproduce it with others yet (such as the barret).

rabidhamster
May 2, 2006, 12:22 am
Read the top of the weapons.ini file. Michal Marcinkowski left a sizable documentation.

Temporal
May 2, 2006, 12:27 am
Oh I'm sorry, I hadn't edited the default weapons.ini, but rather a weapons121.ini which was also included with my download.
The version I've been using only has
[code]// :: Weapon mod : default 1.2.1 settings by Michal Marcinkowski

[Info]
Name=Default mod 1.2.1
Version=0[/code]
at the top of the file.

I apologize for this unnecessary thread, and thank you for your help.

Temporal
May 2, 2006, 4:31 am
While the documentation does answer the majority of my questions, there is still the question of if there is any way to add recoil to guns aside from the minigun (such as the barret)?

Mäjsseli
May 2, 2006, 3:04 pm
There is recoil. Just tap and hold the shooting button. And its only for automatics.

===/Hmm. Thats triggy. Suppose there could be recoil in all guns. Hmm. Anyone else wiser than me?/===