( search forums )
Infantry
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Xalion
May 2, 2006, 4:03 pm
Thought ppl might be interested in another great free *cough* game: Infantry.
Check out this URL: ctfx.dk
Screenshot: http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/4829/216ax.jpg (not the actual map).

There is about 100 weapons and a large range of classes (medics, heavy weapons, infiltrators, engineers, squad leaders etc..)
The download is only 12 MB, so give it a try. You might even like it :)

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 8:42 pm
i dont get it? can you explain more about it?

Swarmer
May 2, 2006, 8:46 pm
OMG LOL INFANTRY. I played this game about 2 years ago. IT WAS FREAKING AMAZING. There were giant 100 person battles with base building and classes and all this awesome crap. It was 10000x better than Soldat and every game. Thousands of people played.

AND THEN....

They made it cost money. Now like 90 people play, and the gameplay sucks, and if you don't pay, you get crappy stuff and it's boring as hell. They killed a perfect game. WHO THE HELL IS GOING TO PAY $9 A MONTH FOR A 2D GAME?

It was from SOE, (Sony Online Entertainment (think Everquest)) which I now hate because of this.

But seriously... It was probably the best game of all time. But now it's not even worth clicking on that screenshot (which does no justice to it's glory days anyways). There were multi-crew vehicles, several hundred weapons, armor, equipment, mines, nades, cloaking devices, base building items, turrets, etc. like 20 classes, a ranking system, experience system, monetary system, you name it. It was amazing. Now it sucks. It was a lot like Diablo, except sci-fi.

DeMonIc
May 2, 2006, 9:14 pm
Oh my god, Xalion!

Now you're doing a site for these guys? Do they have a more 'gratefull' community? I still remember why you left. I joined back then. You tried to sell the domain and whatnot for a lot of money. Good to see you're still alive :P

Xalion
May 2, 2006, 9:26 pm
DeMonIc -> No... [CENSORED] the community.. I made the server for the same reason as Swarmer descriped..
I used to play this game back in 2000-2001, and it is one of the best games I've ever played.
Do you have a problem with that?

Swarmer -> It's the client/server from Harmless Games (with some improvements), so it doesn't connect to SOE :)

Deleted User
May 2, 2006, 9:36 pm
ok so you dont have to pay? well thats good right?

Xalion
May 2, 2006, 9:39 pm
It's free... :)
You can find other zones via the links on the site, or even start your own zone..

Swarmer
May 2, 2006, 10:59 pm
Oh sweet. How many people play? if there's a good amount I'll join.

EOL was my favorite zone before they added in skill points and P2P. I would make a "RR Snipers" team, and we would all be heavies (and 1 medic) with Recoilless Rifles, and we would own any bases or rape groups that came by. We'd fire walls of RR rounds into rape groups, and they would Repulse them into each other, and we'd get a ton of kills, and get a lot of bounty. Bases would just crumple to a few salvos from us. Canister rounds were awesome too. I once was inside a building and saw 2 bty groups outside fighting. I ran right up to the wall and fired my canister rounds through the wall (yay glitches :D) and killed a 30ker. It was awesome. It's also awesome firing random RR shots into bty battles and killing multiple high btyers with a single shot.

Aegis
May 3, 2006, 1:48 am
Theres like 18 people on his server (according to the site). I'll check it out.

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 1:55 am
hmmmmmm this is confusing.....im gonna use wikipedia!

Swarmer
May 3, 2006, 1:58 am
18? :( You need like 100 people in one room for a map like Eol. And at least 30 for a good Bug Hunt game.

bja888
May 3, 2006, 7:48 am
sounds intresting...