TheLetterA
May 3, 2006, 1:50 am
Soldat Movies For All!

Newest 05/29/06

http://soldatmovies.blogspot.com/

Comments and criticism gladly accepted.

rabidhamster
May 3, 2006, 1:53 am
B2b is easy to fly over. Plus, you did it with an m79, people have done it with grenades only.

And Youtube is alright, but the servers could be faster.

TheLetterA
May 3, 2006, 1:58 am
well that was a fast reply.
i did that little thing to show that there was a much easier way to fly from end to end.
next: chainsaw compilation :O

David S7
May 3, 2006, 3:22 am
That's nothing unique/new.

TheLetterA
May 5, 2006, 4:53 am
alright, i'm trying something new but the quality kinda sucks. read the first post.

Nos-D
May 6, 2006, 9:48 am
the emo soldat is nice. xD

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 1:09 pm
LOL! ''I maded mistakes.i not gonna have no where to run'' xD GJ!

a-4-year-old
May 6, 2006, 3:33 pm
movie comments:
first one:
a super well known bug almost everyone has done before.
second one:
some super easy 1.2.1 barret shots?
third:
it sucks that emos kill themselves, they take the fun away.

TheLetterA
May 6, 2006, 6:19 pm
hehe, first two were tests and both done in the newest version of soldat. i suppose i'll take them off since nobody seems to like them much.

thanks for the comments.

bond_james_bond
May 12, 2006, 12:55 am
Hey, they're ok

rabidhamster
May 13, 2006, 8:42 pm
That last scene of "Help!" was incredible. Besides that, most of them lack creativity.

Edit: By the way, in "I don't know why you camp," that wasn't camping, just some pretty fancy barret shots.

TheLetterA
May 13, 2006, 9:03 pm
I'm making an actual story based movie, hopefully you'll find that more creative than the other ones I've done.

and the name I Don't Know Why You Camp was used because I was trying to show that the barret has better uses than just lying around camping.

Avarax
May 19, 2006, 10:58 pm
seriously A... your page is awesome!

i dont know what the other guys here are complaining about... somehow every movie made me laugh, mostly the emo video... keep em coming... and: never remove a movie, although it might be bad, it can still be used as a bad example for others to see how not to do it :)

also i like the flash technique of your site alot.

FliesLikeABrick
May 19, 2006, 11:21 pm
watching them in that resolution is annoying, I like normal video formats better because then I can resize the window to whatever I want

TheLetterA
May 20, 2006, 6:32 am
Avarax: thanks a lot for the compliment, nice to see that somebody enjoys these :). Also, the new movie pretty much had nothing to do with Soldat, which gave me a pretty valid reason to remove it.

FilesLikeABrick: Youtube is the best available resource I have for hosting my movies, at the moment I won't be able to change to something better.

Expect a new movie in a few days, I'm busy with Oblivion at the moment. (oldblivion rocks)

Bounty Hunter Guy
May 20, 2006, 12:19 pm
Meh, I really, REALLY, hate the music to the video you posted. But hey, nice shooting.

MOFO NOFO
May 20, 2006, 12:30 pm
Pfft you copied my emo idea.

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 3:15 pm
The videos dont work on youre A page :/

TheLetterA
May 20, 2006, 6:54 pm
BountyHunter: How can you not like all of my wonderful music choices!? (excluding the emo one haha)

Sotija: It looks like something on your end, I just checked and they all work.

And now, back to oblivion :O
Stupid thieves guild final quest is getting on my nerves... grr

Bounty Hunter Guy
May 21, 2006, 12:06 am
Hehe, the other most was ok, just the first ones chorus. -.-

TheLetterA
May 21, 2006, 1:11 am
by the first one do you mean the most recent?

I thought it was a pretty catchy song, listened to it about 50 times when I discovered it.

Bounty Hunter Guy
May 21, 2006, 2:34 am
The song on, "I Don't Know Why (You Camp)". I think for a video emphasising the point that you area good shot, you need some techno, rock, anything but that, kind of music. Also, try to end the song at the end of the clip, fading out? Rather then just a sudden hault.

TheLetterA
May 21, 2006, 2:43 am
yeah it was weird because on Youtube it just stopped, but on the file on my computer it does the regular fade out...

and that camping movie was supposed to be slow, so I think the music was pretty well suited.

Bounty Hunter Guy
May 21, 2006, 5:10 am
There a plenty of romantic songs that are slow, would you put them in? No.

Pride
May 21, 2006, 7:12 am
Dude, Awesome movies.

Norris Scott
May 21, 2006, 4:07 pm
On "Help!", I have to say that that is the most wicked death I've ever seen. That was like 10 barret shots all at once, you practically exploded xD

Deleted User
May 21, 2006, 4:16 pm
Lmmaoo, I love that Help! Video, and the whole barret thing looked awesome =]

rabidhamster
May 21, 2006, 5:40 pm
Speaking of which, how the hell did you pull off that barret scene?

TheLetterA
May 21, 2006, 8:57 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GuyThere a plenty of romantic songs that are slow, would you put them in? No.

MAYBE I WOULD

People wondering about how I did the barret scene: I set the options to barret only, checked all of the bots onto one team, and loaded.

I was prone jetting and to my surprise I was met by 10 barret shots. Did it on my first try. I'm sure if you did the exact same settings you could recreate this scene. I'm in the process of uploading a new movie, you may get bored by the 30 minute spawn killing session. Heh.

xtishereb
May 25, 2006, 7:48 pm
Sweet saw action. I liked the part where you dropped behind the guy and apparently sawed his head open. That'll hurt in the morning.

TheLetterA
May 26, 2006, 12:07 am
heh, thanks. You guys should all use the high quality download, YouTube pretty much sucks in terms of quality for the saw movie.

xtishereb
May 29, 2006, 12:39 am
I liked that 24 one too. I think the entire series should have been made in Soldat. And the nerve gas could be replaced with Boogie Men.

Put a link to this site in your signature. Share it with the entire forum!

rabidhamster
May 29, 2006, 12:54 am
I advise you make your cursor and ping dot invisible for serious movies, A. The big white cursor totally ruins it.

TheLetterA
May 29, 2006, 2:38 am
Thanks for the comments.

Rabid, I'll test the next movie remake (when I make one) without the cursor and ping dot. I always plan on removing that dot but for some reason whenever I get to actually recording it ends up there.

and Xtishereb, I'll make myself a little banner that links to my site. Thanks for the idea.

Since I'm probably free the rest of the day, I think I'll work on another little movie.

Unlucky 13
May 30, 2006, 6:30 am
If you want to get rid of the cursor, this is what to do...

[code]Demo files usage:
- Soldat.exe -demo name (freecam speed notexts extract)
(runs the game and plays the demo specified by name. Optional paramaters are:
freecam (0/1) - the user can freely change the camera (default 0)
speed (0-...%)- how quick the playback will be specified in percents (default 100%)
notexts (0/1) - no texts, menus or cursor will be displayed during playback (default 100%)...[/code]

So in other words, type in the command prompt C:\Soldat\Soldat.exe -demo demonamegoeshere 0 100 1 0, or toggle the parameters to your liking. Then record it through Fraps or whatever program you use that way.

Anyway, I like the movies, good job! Although I didn't really get Karma Police...

vash763
May 30, 2006, 8:08 am
that was awesome hahaha

TheLetterA
May 30, 2006, 10:50 pm
thanks for showing me how to do that, unlucky. I usually just record directly into fraps, which is easier (and space consuming).

for anyone that didnt get the karma police one, it was just what happens when you steal a flag from someone (in the next round your entire team kills you).

shoover
May 31, 2006, 10:08 pm
Yea, so your the [CENSORED] that kills ppl for points. Lol.

Is there a way I can fullscreen this?

TheLetterA
May 31, 2006, 10:10 pm
shoover: nah, i play RS for the kills, i never cap. that opportunity presented itself and i got the idea for the movie because i was listening to Karma Police.

and yeah, you can get full screen by downloading it. YouTube full screen kinda sucks.