( search forums )
Vegetarian......dont bash me
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 2:02 am
I might actually go vegetarian.....my dad has and he gave me this PETA magazine just to read, and what they do at farms, its just sick.
I'm actually kind of a vegetarian right now, but i would sometimes every 2 weeks eat meat from pizza for social stuff cus i have no meat in my house because of my and being vegetarian and all....
Have you guys actually read what they do? You will learn alot about what they do on farms, and it'll actually make you sick.

Just wondering who else here is a vegetarian.......

BTW: don't be a [CENSORED] and go OMGaSH fAWL YOUR A dInj ALWLlo

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 2:12 am
/bashes dascoo with large chunk of veal

I've read what they've done to animals, and it hasn't phased me in the slightest. It seems that I just do not care either way about what is done to my food as long as it tastes good and isn't purposely lethal.

peemonkey
May 3, 2006, 2:26 am
I grew up in a cow town, i know what they do, and i know peta is full of a bunch of propaganda and generalization. Seriously, in my most honest opinion, [CENSORED] PETA. We didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat leaves. Yes, we are on the top of the food chain, sharks don't have Abrams tanks.
I just cooked a big ass peice of cow, albiet underdone.

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 2:26 am
I have been a vegetarian for two years and it's not bad at all, even though I really don't give a damn about swine.

Eagles_Arrows
May 3, 2006, 2:28 am
I'm a carnivore, sorry :(

Famine
May 3, 2006, 2:29 am
P3TA Kills stray puppies and kitties because they "rescued" them and couldn't find a home. They also are very hypocritical. Be a vegetarian for your own reasons, but don't do it because of PETA.

Vijchtidoodah
May 3, 2006, 2:29 am
Dascoo, you're a [CENSORED]ing carnivore. Suck it up, pussy. :P

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 2:52 am
If you're refering to mass electrifying chickens and the like, that's just a downside of people living on top of one another in apartments and straying from having a small family farm that supplies that familys need. Civilization has "advanced" in a way that requires mass killing etc in farms to feed the masses. I think it's rediculas and much prefer the family farm but there's not much that can be done about it in the current situation. Bottom line, you can be a vegitarian if you want but don't do it because of what PETA feeds you, PETA themselves are just sick people with nothing better to do than munch on salad and bash people who like meat

Rai-Dei
May 3, 2006, 3:09 am
Hah...PETA is insane remeber that! The yare waaaay extreme and not EVERY Food place does that... Get soem Damn Kosher meat it is normal.

?
May 3, 2006, 3:34 am
PETA people are friggin crazy, of course we kill animals, but then again if we didn't kill animals we would have to start eating each other for meat.

The Geologist
May 3, 2006, 3:34 am
Ugh...I can say nothing that hasn't been said. Don't be silly. Meat is yummy.

Swarmer
May 3, 2006, 3:47 am
lol. Did you know the National Animal Liberation Front is one of the terrorist organizations listed by the FBI? PETA collaborates with such extremist groups. They firebomb laboratories and assassinate scientists. PETA itself is an extremist group. They go to many extremes to make thier point, such as destruction of property, violence, and massive propaganda. The stuff you read in that pamphlet is an example of such propaganda. Of course some people do sick stuff to animals. PETA just takes those examples, puts them in a book, and claims that everyone does that. They are taking the extreme facts and presenting it as the norm. The majority of food processing plants complies with federal standards. You really can't rely on PETA for their 'facts'. If you want to go vegetarian, do good research on all it's angles, including health. Humans are omnivores; you can't be full naturally healthy without eating meat.

Plus meat is just so damn tasty. Have you ever eaten a nice 25$ peice of medium-rare steak, with a large grilled lobster tail dipped in melted butter? No vegetarian cuisine can beat that.

UGK
May 3, 2006, 3:58 am
[CENSORED] Peta!

Milkman Dan
May 3, 2006, 5:42 am
Dont do it.. I like animals but meat is just too damn good to not have... if you just view dead animals as dead animals and meat as meat then you'll be fine...

BTW vegetarian food is soo horrible

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 3, 2006, 5:46 am
I'll never understand Vegetarians, when our species is an Omnivore, eating just plants CAN NOT be good.

frogboy
May 3, 2006, 6:31 am
PETA are morons. They asked Judas Priest to stop wearing leather on stage, and when they replied that it was fake leather, PETA kept complaining because "it might encourage listeners to wear real leather". They also say that Jesus was a vegetarian, despite his obvious support for the eating of humans.

bja888
May 3, 2006, 6:39 am
I agree the [CENSORED] they do to these animals is uncalled for but I like the end product.

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 6:40 am
 Quote:Originally posted by frogboy. They also say that Jesus was a vegetarian, despite his obvious support for the eating of humans.

lol? where does it say that?

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 6:58 am
i've been vegetarian for three years. i eat fish, though

m00`
May 3, 2006, 7:27 am
vegetarian pizza isnt so bad

vash763
May 3, 2006, 7:57 am
Hey, at least you're not a vegan.

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 8:50 am
I don't eat much meat because I?m just too damn squeamish about eating it, especially at Christmas when the turkey is all gibbed in the kitchen. I don?t think its morally wrong to eat animals though.

I remember in English lessons when we were studying bias text in leaflets. Our teacher would note that in the vegetarian leaflet, they would use terms like "meat eater", as if non-vegetarians are cavemen or something.

Swarmer
May 3, 2006, 9:25 am
Lol. Jesus vegetarian. I forgot that fish were vegetables. Good point PETA.

MOFO NOFO
May 3, 2006, 9:35 am
Think about it this way: Would animals whom are omnivores become herbivores because they saw another animal rip apart a cat?

thekingkitty
May 3, 2006, 10:35 am
Its a way of life, things gotta die in order for others to live, i mean unless we become like..producers..we will always be consumers

oh and plants have feelings too >.>

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 12:01 pm
O god i knew i would see people putting : it's the way of life, things gotta die in order to live......That's kinda stupid tho, because were not living in the jungle or some sort of enviroment where we still have to kill animals to survive.(if you believe in evolution) Sure, millions of years ago, when our ancestors who were primapes killed animals just to survive, it made them smarter, and because of the protien it increased there brain size, but i don't think we have to kill animals anymore. In a society like this i think it's kinda primitive.

It's still the circle of life if we don't eat meat, we still go in the ground and then plants get the nutrients from our dead bodies, or other dead animals.

Now I didn't really put this topic up because of a PETA magazine.....actually i did kinda, but it kinda just reminded me of all the [CENSORED] i've seen on tv and what they do, and from the internet too.

And it isn't propaganda when there saying that they pump growth horomones into chickens, pigs, and cows, and a bunch of other chemicals. Peemonkey maybe your lucky and your "cow town" didn't have all that [CENSORED], but alot of farms do. For example my old friend lived on a cown farm, he knew what they put into the cows, but he did'nt give a [CENSORED]. Go google some info i'm to lazy to give links.

I'm not totally against killing the animals, but it's just all the stuff they put into them, and how they live. I think they should make a law that says if you want to eat meat, go hunt it and kill it your self. Maybe you'll have some fun.

My dad stopped eating meat 4 years ago, and he's not fat anymore :) He can do alot more then before. It's also a fact that Vegetarians do live longer then Meat eaters. Don't become vegetarian if you wanna live longer...............

Some of the food actually isn't bad. The vegeburgers don't taste like real burgers, but they still taste good for some odd reason. I'm not a total vegetarian, and i'll eat lots of fish (i know about the chemicals, but it's not as bad as what they put in cows and pigs).

And why do people here thinking "o its just propaganda nothing is really going on" when it is. Why dont you guys do a little research on whats going on in the world, about everything....just do a little reading, watching and yah......

BTW: maybe i shouldn't have put don't bash me...........then people wouldn't have bashed me :(

I'm tired >_>

Milkman Dan
May 3, 2006, 12:21 pm
I couldnt care less what they put into my food or anything, people need to stop caring about petty [CENSORED] like saving the environment and eating chemical free food, you're going to die anyways why not spend the time you have alive not worrying about crap like that

frogboy
May 3, 2006, 12:46 pm
Have you even seen what they do to plants? They spray them with all sorts of chemicals in order to help them grow better, they call them "fertilisers". They also crowd plants in so they have less room than the farm animals that you see on PETA propaganda. And they're beneficial to the environment, but farmers go tearing them down. Everyone should do their bit for the environment and stop eating vegetation. Everyone should eat meat.

Krillious
May 3, 2006, 1:05 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Milkman DanI couldnt care less what they put into my food or anything, people need to stop caring about petty [CENSORED] like saving the environment and eating chemical free food, you're going to die anyways why not spend the time you have alive not worrying about crap like that

You are a retard and give humans a bad name

There's a big difference between eating other animals and polluting...
Eating animals is ok since we are feeding them and giving them shelter, on the other hand polluting isn't ok...

m00`
May 3, 2006, 1:22 pm
if anything should die, it should be spiders but not to be eaten, like just die for the hell of it, because spiders are stupid insects and they look like sH!t

thekingkitty
May 3, 2006, 1:31 pm
dascoo

Meat is good for you, it's high in protien. We are born as omnivores.

Making a law where you have to kill to get your meat is not really the answer, it would take us back to the colonial years.

PETA is against the way they kill animals..but if we found a less harmful way of killing the poor animals...then would it be ok to eat meat then?

So if you are a vegi dude, tats okie, but personaly, i dont think about that when i'm eating the school's meat.

_Mancer_
May 3, 2006, 2:27 pm
Please die of starvation and malnutrition so we can have 1 less moron on earth

Quote:you're going to die anyways why not spend the time you have alive not worrying about crap like that

Quote for truth

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 2:50 pm
 Quote: I couldnt care less what they put into my food or anything, people need to stop caring about petty like saving the environment and eating chemical free food, you're going to die anyways why not spend the time you have alive not worrying about crap like that

It is pathetic individuals like you my friend, that make me sad on some days.

Aquarius
May 3, 2006, 3:09 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by m00`if anything should die, it should be spiders but not to be eaten, like just die for the hell of it, because spiders are stupid insects and they look like sH!t

Spiders are not insects.

To answer dascoo question, I have been a vegetarian for 9 years. Personally I don't give a **** who is/isn't and why. I don't have any problems with health. I don't think it made me especially healthier either. I hate both vegetarian and meat propaganda. You should live up to your conscience, not someone's else.

The Geologist
May 3, 2006, 5:21 pm
Dascoo, you brought anything said here on yourself. You don't wanna hear what people have to say? Don't put up stupid crap like "I'm gonna stop eating meat because of what PETA showed me". Honestly.

Vegeburgers taste like [CENSORED], you don't get the proper diet eating only geans and beans (you can get a good diet, but it's a big shift for the body), so hey, if you wanna pay a lot more cash for that you go right ahead. Fruits and veges are sprayed with plenty of chemicals and waxes, you gonna run away from those as well? Truth is you know little more if any than anyone else here about what's really going on in those plants.

Why don't you try listening instead of argueing. Make up your mind for yourself, not what PETA or other people tell you. You came here, you asked, and you got responces...don't whine about it, or perhaps you should do the normal thing and make such personal choices for yourself.

Rai-Dei
May 3, 2006, 6:00 pm
I Haven't Seen him reply to my Kosher Surpirse yet....They don't do the hormones and crap...eat some damn meat dood...

And Jesus Wasen't A veggie Ever hear of the cerimoniol Calf Or Lamb?

AerialAssault
May 3, 2006, 8:54 pm
I love meat too much to care what they do to them.

damnnation
May 3, 2006, 8:56 pm
lol, i turned vegetarian yesterday, havent't eaten mean till now, and it feels pretty good, like i'm not dirty inside, it's just weird, i just feel better, i'm gonna try to stay like this :)

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 9:09 pm
My dad tries to buy vegetables without chemicals from some vegetarian place (they call it organic >_> even thoughh vegetables with chemicals are still organic), forget what its called though.
Just sometimes we get some stuff from the grocery store across the road if we really need too.
Oyah geoligist, when did i ask if i should become a vegetarian? And when did i say PETA told me to turn vegetarian? When did i turn vegetarian? wtf are we talking about jesus? why does geoligist think that buying vegetables cost more then buying meat?

Famine
May 3, 2006, 9:10 pm
 Quote:

I'm not totally against killing the animals, but it's just all the stuff they put into them, and how they live. I think they should make a law that says if you want to eat meat, go hunt it and kill it your self. Maybe you'll have some fun.

Alright, fine. That won't stop what chemicals are put in them. It also won't stop the sadistic ways of killing them, it will just give [CENSORED]ed up kids a reason to torture animals.

Milkman Dan
May 3, 2006, 9:56 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Krillious Quote:Originally posted by Milkman DanI couldnt care less what they put into my food or anything, people need to stop caring about petty [CENSORED] like saving the environment and eating chemical free food, you're going to die anyways why not spend the time you have alive not worrying about crap like that

You are a retard and give humans a bad name

There's a big difference between eating other animals and polluting...
Eating animals is ok since we are feeding them and giving them shelter, on the other hand polluting isn't ok...

Yeah, well, you're 15. Have fun dealing with the affects of my pollution when I'm dead and gone.

.Twelve
May 3, 2006, 10:13 pm
I can understand if meat just isn't appetizing to people one way or another. I myself have stopped eating some types of meat because they made me feel sick or I just didn't enjoy them anymore. This was a decision I made for myself.

?
May 3, 2006, 11:06 pm
plants are alive too, they breathe in a way and they bleed too, why isn't there a program against mass crops, DOWN WITH EVIL FARMERS!

The Geologist
May 3, 2006, 11:09 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by dascoo
And when did i say PETA told me to turn vegetarian? When did i turn vegetarian? wtf are we talking about jesus? why does geoligist think that buying vegetables cost more then buying meat?

You're the one who "might actually go vegetarian" after reading the PETA prop., you tell me buddy. Did you have any problem eating meat before, did it ever do you wrong? Was this your choice, or one impressed upon you? I don't have any problem with the choice to go vege (and yea...the topic title prolly did do this topic in a bit), yet I think the way you presented your question raised more of an issue with why you made your choice than the choice itself.

And it's not that I think just buying veggies is more expensive than eating a regular diet with meat, etc...but after working at more than a few "all natural" stores and other places (like Wild Oats...hippie stores), the prices are higher in general. Maybe you get 'em cheap, local market style, communes..if so, more power to ya.

Deleted User
May 4, 2006, 1:18 am
hmmmmm well yah do have a point, but its not just because of PETA. after reading it it kinda reminded me what my friends said(none of them are are vege's), teachers, sites, and family.

I remeber seeing the prices, and they are more then the usual super market prices, but around the same price as the cheaper meats.....that's all i really remeber...

UGK
May 4, 2006, 1:30 am
Can you give us some quotes about what they do in farms? Huh?

MWTBDLTR
May 4, 2006, 5:22 am
P eople
E ating
T asty
A nimals

Swarmer
May 4, 2006, 5:59 am
Statistics don't mean anything. Just becuase vegetarians live longer on average doesn't mean you will. Millions of normal people live longer than vegetarians, and vice versa. Right handed people live longer than lefties. Shorter people live longer than taller people.

It's about you, not about the average.

Eating meat is not unhealthy for you at all. In fact it's NORMAL. If you go vegetarian it's not going to save a single animal. If you want to do something about it, you have to join the ALF and start firebombing some factories and send mail bombs to scientists.

Pride
May 4, 2006, 6:32 am
[IMAGE]

Need I say more?

Deleted User
May 4, 2006, 6:50 am
OMGaSH fAWL YOUR A dInj ALWLlo

Pride
May 4, 2006, 6:52 am
Could someone please translate that...

?
May 4, 2006, 6:55 am
really if you put "dont' bash me" in the topic prepare for flaming

Deleted User
May 4, 2006, 12:03 pm
Ive been a vegeterian for more then 4 years now. I met this woman who did all these movements and stuff and I guess she kinda inspired me. And Yeah, Ive seen what they do to those animals in some places. And those people who are filming it actually go undercover to work there and then document it with secret cameras. Sure theyre letting the animal die before their eyes but its just proof I guess.
I think they should seriously just make them live a happy life and then kill them with gas.
Being a vegeterian isnt bad, you just gotta learn what to cook! Heh. I do eat fish tho and shrimps and ya.

Its not bad and im proud that anyone has the guts to deny barbecue ribs. But man do I miss them.

Deleted User
May 4, 2006, 12:12 pm
I havent ate steak in a very very very long time because the last steak i ate had a huge ass vein in it......same for pork, but i still eat chicken and fish.

frogboy
May 4, 2006, 12:23 pm
You didn't eat steak because of a vein? Pfft.

_Mancer_
May 4, 2006, 1:51 pm
WEAKLING!

Aquarius
May 4, 2006, 2:14 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderIve been a vegeterian for more then 4 years now. (...) I do eat fish tho and shrimps and ya.
So you are not a vegetarian. Vegetarians don't eat fishes, nor shrimps.

I thought you might want to know...

?
May 4, 2006, 4:18 pm
 Quote:I think they should seriously just make them live a happy life and then kill them with gas.
Cows are the dumbest thing on this planet, ive raised a few i know that, letting them live is a punishment.

zaraza
May 4, 2006, 4:22 pm
I've become a boozetafarian 1,5 years ago.

AerialAssault
May 4, 2006, 4:46 pm
I love eating the flesh of dead animals. It makes me feel...ferocious, like a lion or a tiger. I love biting into a juicy steak and having the blood run down my chin.

Deleted User
May 4, 2006, 8:40 pm
this [CENSORED]ing vein was disgusting, i havent had a steak since.....well ive had beef, from like that chinese food and i had a hamburger from harveys also....but i havent ate pork in a long time

Deleted User
May 4, 2006, 9:14 pm
Ew, I hate it whenyou bite into a chicken wing and theres like 5 purple veins running on the bones. That stuff grossed me out.

Milkman Dan
May 4, 2006, 9:58 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by AerialAssaultI love eating the flesh of dead animals. It makes me feel...ferocious, like a lion or a tiger. I love biting into a juicy steak and having the blood run down my chin.

Yes!!!!!

btw frogboy likes his steak 'well done' ewwwwww

Ebby
May 4, 2006, 10:50 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderEw, I hate it whenyou bite into a chicken wing and theres like 5 purple veins running on the bones. That stuff grossed me out.

Haha..Hmm... Veins. Ew.

I went veggie for awhile for honestly no reason?
And then one day I just ordered a bbq sandwhich and that was the end of it :D

UGK
May 4, 2006, 11:04 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderEw, I hate it whenyou bite into a chicken wing and theres like 5 purple veins running on the bones. That stuff grossed me out.

Yeah, that is gross. I just ate a nice spicy chicken from Mcdonalds...

Aquarius
May 5, 2006, 12:20 am
 Quote:Originally posted by UGKI just ate a nice spicy chicken from Mcdonalds...

Yummy!

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 2:31 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Aquarius Quote:Originally posted by UGKI just ate a nice spicy chicken from Mcdonalds...

Yummy!

loled

CardBoardWarrior
May 5, 2006, 2:53 am
 Quote:Originally posted by peemonkey We didn't climb to the top of the food chain to eat leaves. Yes, we are on the top of the food chain, sharks don't have Abrams tanks.

Who cares about the treatment of animals, I know I dont.
God put them here for us to eat.
To all animals: Thats LIFE!
Amen.

UGK
May 5, 2006, 3:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by dascoo Quote:Originally posted by Aquarius Quote:Originally posted by UGKI just ate a nice spicy chicken from Mcdonalds...

Yummy!

loled

Leet ownage!

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 4:11 am
Just to clarify, in reply to what you said before dascoo about having animals pumped with hormones and steriods and crap to make them grow faster etc. I think that what alot of farmers do to americas food supply by using hormones is absurd. My family and I try to avoid hormone grown meat and things of the like (which is getting harder and harder). So I just wanted to let you know I was disagreeing with you about PETA, not doing nasty things to animals. If I had my way everyone would have a small self sustaining farm and trade goods with eachother like the good oll days (yeah I know there was alot of downsides to it but at least you weren't feeding your body garbage) and if you did'nt live to 80 and died at 60 at least you were still healthy and strong and not obese and taking 20 medications for heart disorders and the like :p

Swarmer
May 5, 2006, 8:28 am
Eating horomone grown meat isn't unhealthy.

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 9:28 am
Rice.

numgun
May 5, 2006, 9:34 am
bye bye dascoo... anorexia is wait on your doorstep ^_^

BLOOD AND FLESH!!!1 *CRUNCH CRUNCH*

frogboy
May 5, 2006, 9:36 am
It probably isn't all that good for you either. Definitely better than no meat at all, though.

Aquarius
May 5, 2006, 10:20 am
 Quote:Originally posted by frogboyDefinitely better than no meat at all

Do you have any scientific proof to back up your claim?

http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg/ada/hs.xsl/advocacy_933_ENU_HTML.htm

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 10:21 am
 Quote:Originally posted by m00`if anything should die, it should be spiders but not to be eaten, like just die for the hell of it, because spiders are stupid insects and they look like sH!t

I think I must tell you that...
spiders can be a cursine too (in SE Asia)
somebody told me it tastes like chicken?

on topic: PILLS are the answer for those don't want to harm any lifes. You may also try eating honey :)

frogboy
May 5, 2006, 11:18 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Aquarius Quote:Originally posted by frogboyDefinitely better than no meat at all

I don't mean in regards to physical health. I'd be pretty pissed off if I couldn't eat meat and had to get protein from nuts and lentils instead, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 11:30 am
Pfft, being a vegeterian is still good. Especially when your know how to cook spanish food.
Yumm everythings taste so good and flavorful. ^^

But yeah, just the idea of like a cow being walked up to a machine. Turned upside down to bare its neck.. Then slashed on the throat by some psychomental freak who does this for money... then letting the cow roll around losing all the blood till it like dies or something? (I stopped the video at this point cuz I was freaking out.)

But yeah I just think its cruel. And those damn chinese people.. who eat puppies and kittens... Rawr.>:(

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 12:19 pm
Chinese "eat anything with its back upwards" :P
I'm a Chinese but I don't eat dogs or cats,
but I eat frogs and pigeons >:D

n00bface
May 5, 2006, 12:26 pm
 Quote:But yeah, just the idea of like a cow being walked up to a machine. Turned upside down to bare its neck.. Then slashed on the throat by some psychomental freak who does this for money... then letting the cow roll around losing all the blood till it like dies or something? (I stopped the video at this point cuz I was freaking out.)
Wow that just gave me the biggest erection of my life.

Time to eat a nice bloodied and bruised steak. Ohhh it tastes so great. Good thing these 'morals' don't cloud my judgement! Veggies taste bitter!

The Geologist
May 5, 2006, 5:10 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Aquarius Quote:Originally posted by frogboyDefinitely better than no meat at all

That's all based off of the assumption that you balance your vege diet properly. There are plenty of people who fail to do just that and come up lacking a lot of the essentials. It's a lot easier to go with the "ol' faithful" and eat what every other meat eating species eats...meat.

DrivenUnder - So, wait...you're concerned about how they kill the cows? Not that the meat is cleaned up or anything after, and you don't care what they do the fish you eat. I mean, they get their heads cut off and their guys ripped out like all the rest...fish don't just pop out of their scales. Are you sure you're vegetarian? 'cause it doesn't sound like it..

Edit: And what gas do you suggest killing them with that wouldn't be taken into the bloodstream, body, and meat in the moments before death? I'm curious. Maybe just something to knock them out before the hammer comes down?

Swarmer
May 5, 2006, 5:38 pm
I don't see what all the fuss is about. Lions tackle thier prey and tear them apart alive with thier teeth and claws. Every other carnivore does the same. Snakes swallow thier prey whole and alive. Spiders spray thier live prey with corrosive substances. Otters smash oysters with rocks. Why don't spiders and oysters count? Just because they're not cute and furry doesn't mean you don't have to care about them? They're animals too. Why doesn't PETA go around stopping all carnivores?

And vegetarianism is only healthy compared to the average American diet. There are amino acids and nutrients that can only be found in meat. I recommend a mostly vegetable diet with a lot of grains, plus lean meat every once in a while. Red meat should be less often, but in occasion it won't hurt.

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 9:17 pm
Swarmer, its a lion, it cant put a rifle in there paws and blow the [CENSORED]ing animals head off. Same for a snakes, and a big big big thing you are missing is that lions, snakes, otters, and spiders cant survive just on vegetables and fruits. I don't think PETA wants animals to go extinct. Don't say anything stupid like "well cows and pigs arent going extinct so why do they care"..... I don't know how i thought that up but i think someone was going to say it.
I'm kind of confused about something.... some people here think that we aren't part of the animal kingdom, but we are still animals. We are the most adaptable animals and we can build M1 Abrams, F-22 Raptors, and a Tsar bomb.
We just eat meat because we want to, but we don't need too. There is actually no point for having meat farms. They also just cause alot more pollution, because the waste from animals and stuff go into the water that you drink. I still think that people should just hunt there own animals in a forest or on a field. More excersise then going to the store, and its alot more fun.

BTW: to people who think animals live a good ol' happy life on an open field on a farm, your wrong. some farms have space, ALOT of them are crowded, smelly, and if you think the animals deserve to be food for that, for living horrible lives, then i think your stupid.

Swarmer
May 5, 2006, 10:18 pm
Lol, rifles don't blow the head off of an animal unless it's like a squirrel and you're using a barrett. Shooting something with a rifle is far less gruesome than ripping it apart with claws and teeth. Lions knock the animal over, pin it down, and tear into it's belly with its teeth while its still alive. How is that more respectable than killing an animal from a lethal blow to the head from machinery? The animal pretty much instantly dies. So why should PETA just care about us, when other animals are doing the same?

We need to eat meat. It's what our body was designed to eat. To go vegetarian isn't easy on the system initially. Of course you can survive without it, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it at all. And no, meat farms don't pollute my water to any extent that it would make me care. I've been a water drinker for all my life, and I'm pretty sure I'm not dying from it. So if there's nothing wrong with hunting, like you said, then why did you bring up the thing about lions using rifles?

And guess what: everything has it's extremes. PETA throws the most extreme cases at you and says it happens all the time everywhere. No, most places comply with standards. That's like taking an instance of someone who works in a car factory and gets mauled by the machinery and saying that car factories are all dangerous and evil and should be shut down, and everyone should make thier own cars themselves, since it gives you exercise and is more fun.

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 10:38 pm
Lions dont kill and eat it alive you moron. They suffocate it, biting into the neck for a while,then they lick it a bit and then rip inside. We arent lions also, we are smarter, superior, and have the choice to not do savage things like that.

Our body was not designed to eat meat. Do your teeth have fangs?
Also, cow farms... well, the cows fart alot and its the 2nd most thing that pollutes the ozone layer, apart from the use of fuels, like coal and cars.

PETA doesnt say it happens everywhere. They report places where they discover animal cruelty going over the limit. What do CARS have to do with ANYTHING about vegeterianism. Wow...!

Aquarius
May 5, 2006, 10:42 pm
 Quote:We need to eat meat. It's what our body was designed to eat. To go vegetarian isn't easy on the system initially. Of course you can survive without it, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it at all.

Please, replace "we" with "I". Because I don't need to eat meat and a lot of other people either. Speak for yourself.

The Geologist
May 5, 2006, 11:24 pm
Just because "you" don't need it doesn't mean "we" weren't designed to eat it.

The Geologist
May 5, 2006, 11:31 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnder

That is wrong - we were designed to eat meat. Why the heck do you think we have canines? They're designed for ripping and tearing, as in eating meat, and they're even named for their resemblance to fangs. If we were solely plant eaters we would only have flat teeth meant for grinding.

Quote:Also, cow farms... well, the cows fart alot and its the 2nd most thing that pollutes the ozone layer, apart from the use of fuels, like coal and cars.

Edit: I'll be damned, cows do pollute. Interesting. Still, research is ongoing. And it even seems like they've proposed some solutions to the problem which sound pretty simple.

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 1:17 am
Did they plug their behinds shut? :)

And yes, to correct myself, "Our body was not designed to eat only meat." Guess I shoulve made it more direct. My bad.

Raptor
May 6, 2006, 1:31 am
Have you seen what they do to vegetables??

The Geologist
May 6, 2006, 3:14 am
 Quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnderDid they plug their behinds shut? :)

Nah, they were considering changes in diet...but another major problem investigated was ammonia production from all the urine and crap being produced. Their solution, from what I read, involved packing a payer of staw to keep the two from mixing, thus stopping the production of some of the gasses in question.

MOFO NOFO
May 6, 2006, 4:10 am
You vegetarians slaughter vegetables like its a chunk of meat! You chop them, boil them, fry them, grate them, break them, and stab them with sticks :O. Vegetables are living creatures too you know!

Swarmer
May 6, 2006, 5:12 am
Vegetables aren't creatures... and they don't feel pain.

Well yeah, I didn't say lions eat em alive, I said they begin mauling them while they're alive (since they gotta kill them). Of course I got the part-where-they-shred-first wrong (throat, not belly), but my point is the prey definetly suffers a lot, not any less than the way we kill them normally, if not more.

And my car thing was an analogy about how PETA exaggerates events. Just because some people are mean to animals doesn't mean anything important to you. People will always do mean things, and changing your diet isn't going to stop them.

And yes, we need to eat meat. "Need" as in need it for a natural healthy diet. Of course you can get your meaty nutrients from other sources, but that's not natural. Of course you dont need it to LIVE. We are omnivores, not carnivores or herbivores. We're supposed to eat both things. Just because some people are stupid doesn't mean you should have to give up anything. Random people going vegetarian has not prevented a single non-vegetarian person from punching a kitten.

Come on. You know you miss nice juicy steaks and ribs. The food is there. Wether you eat it or not is not going to affect the animal. It's already dead. Either someone else gets to enjoy it or you do.

---------

[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]

mar77a
May 6, 2006, 5:18 am
^ hahahahahahahhahahahaahahahah

n00bface
May 6, 2006, 5:22 am
 Quote:[IMAGE]

holy [CENSORED] that looks delicious. I completely agree with everything Swarmer has said, if not just because of the photographic evidence he provided of meat being tasty.

Also I LOL'd at the cows polluting thing. I never in a million years would have suspected that. But in the end, the trees and vegetation are drinking all of our water. I think I'd rather have water than a healthy ozone layer!!

Which is another thing - the most logical solution to preventing vegetation from drinking our water is to kill the vegetation right? Right. So, I think the most logical solution to prevent cows from polluting our ozone would be to slaughter the cows!

*goes off to help the ozone layer by eating another juicey, bloody, and bruised steak*

Milkman Dan
May 6, 2006, 5:23 am
this might make people sad but its making me totally hot

[IMAGE]

Speaking of tastey meats:
veal... mmmm

[IMAGE]

?
May 6, 2006, 6:07 am
we have meat on the food pyramind for a friggin reason....

peemonkey
May 6, 2006, 6:20 am
The top of the food pyramid should have a human with an AK47 on the top of a pile of dead cows. You know, let everyone know just who's #1.

UGK
May 6, 2006, 6:55 am
Mmm that food gave me some appetite, but then that cow just took it away...

The Geologist
May 6, 2006, 7:14 am
I think some people forget (or never know to begin with) that what they eat really has to die.

frogboy
May 6, 2006, 8:27 am
I'm hungry now. Thanks, Dan.

Swarmer
May 6, 2006, 8:31 am
That dead cow pic isn't any more gruesome than wolves ripping apart bunnies.

Cookie.
May 6, 2006, 10:31 am
 Quote:Originally posted by The Geologist Quote:Originally posted by DrivenUnder

That is wrong - we were designed to eat meat. Why the heck do you think we have canines? They're designed for ripping and tearing, as in eating meat, and they're even named for their resemblance to fangs. If we were solely plant eaters we would only have flat teeth meant for grinding.

Quote:Also, cow farms... well, the cows fart alot and its the 2nd most thing that pollutes the ozone layer, apart from the use of fuels, like coal and cars.

Edit: I'll be damned, cows do pollute. Interesting. Still, research is ongoing. And it even seems like they've proposed some solutions to the problem which sound pretty simple.

Cow farts\poop is an excellent alternative fuel source as well :P They use to show us videos on how the methane can be captured from it to be used.

frogboy
May 6, 2006, 11:33 am
...shove a bottle up its arse?

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 1:27 pm
Lmao. Man some of you are a little coo coo in the head.

thekingkitty
May 6, 2006, 3:13 pm
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
[IMAGE]
Everyone should have some sympathy for the poor vegatables and fruits too! Mean ignorant [CENSORED]s!

a-4-year-old
May 6, 2006, 3:50 pm
we should all eat cats ^-^

Ebby
May 6, 2006, 8:28 pm
Haha, you guys are cracking me up.
The pics you provided make it even better.

Vegetarian or not, it's up to you whether you want to eat meat or not and PETA will use and say anything for support.
Believe me, a friend sent me a link from their site, and now they won't stop e-mailing me crap.
Sure, it's sad, but I don't think wanting to eat meat makes you bad :P

Lord Boxtop
May 6, 2006, 9:20 pm
Dascoo, my friend, you are a gullible fool. I can't believe you'd fall for PETA's lies. These people lie, cheat, and steal just to make it in the paper. You may think PETA has done good stuff, but what about the BAD things they've done? How about the "Your Mommy/Daddy is a Murder!" comics they hand out to kids? How about the fact that PETA supports ALF and the ELF and even bails arsonists out of jail? How about the fact that PETA KILLS nearly 80% of the animals they take in? How about the fact that Ingrid Newkirk is a crazy psychotic who said IN HER WILL, that she'd like to have her body cut up, barbecued and eaten. How about their idiotic three-man-and-a-chicken protests outside KFC, when it's widely known that KFC buys chickens from suppliers instead of producing the birds themselves? How about the "Holocaust on Your Plate" campaign, where they compared Holocaust victims to chickens in slaughterhouses, basically insulting the Jews and what they went through in WWII? They may have apologized, but it wasn't a very good apology. One person even said that PETA compared the Trial of Tears to a frickin' cattle drive. AND don't let me remind you about the case of the two PETA employees who dumped euthuized (I can't spell) dogs and cats (whowere, as claimed by a vet, "perfectly healthy") in a dumpster, and PETA didn't fire them? How about the fact that they support groups like ALF, considered terrorists by the FBI, and who support the burning down of labs and harassment and death of innocent researchers and their families?

And don't get me started on the PETA2 community. The admins ban anyone who thinks outside of the collective (ie posts real facts.) And some of those posts there are downright scary. In one post, some 21 year old woman complains about how her husband won't eat the vegitarian meals she cooks for her family and has to make a seperate dish of meat for him every night. Some of the comments were positive, some were negitive, but there was one person who suggested poisioning the guy. There was also another guy who boasted about vandalizing a KFC by spraying "KFC CRUELTY" on a window. And there's others who want people like me to DIE HORRIBLE DEATHS, and there have been a couple death threats and cases of stalking by Petards to members of the PETA-SUCKS board. Do you seriously want to believe a community this psychotic?

As for Vegetarianism, have you even SEEN how sickly these guys look? Do you seriously want to be malnourished and DIE? Look, from what I've read you're far too young to go vegetarian, and you might end up dying. You NEED protein, man. When you're like 30 or something, THEN decide. But not now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against vegetarianism, just when it comes to animal rights. If meat makes you physically sick or you just can't digest it, fine.

Heck, once you give up meat, you're going to have to give up leather and cotton, and even medications tested on animals. You want to die a slow death of cancer in the name of animal rights? Go ahead.

If you don't believe me, try going to http://www.animalscam.com/ and looking around. Consumer Freedom may be biased, but they're the only people who have the balls to stand up to PETA like they do. Also, check out http://www.peta-sucks.com and http://www.exposepeta.com to find more people whose lives have been negitively affected by PETA and the AR movement.

Still don't believe? Search around the internet for news articles detailing PETA and the AR movement's other publicity stunts, like trying to mess with the Australian wool industry and Canada's seal hunts, without any facts to back up their claims. And no, I'm not doing this research for you, man. You have to do it yourself. It'll help you realize how much of a meance PETA is.

My goal with all this was to prove to you how biased PETA is and how you should NEVER believe anything they say, including the photographs which were probably doctored (ZOMG PHOTOSHOP!!). Why? Ingrid Newkirk said it herself that PETA'S a bunch of press sluts. They want attention and they want their Borg army to multiply. And if your dad objects, tell him to go eat himself.

I'm trying to save your life here, man. If I get banned for saying all this, I will accept my fate with dignity.

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 9:36 pm
Well I do know people who are vegetarians and are (or at least look) perfectly healthy. But I still have little/no respect for the PETA because of most of the reasons above.

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 9:52 pm
Hmmm, well im vegeterian but I still eat eggs and milk.
(which Ive seen PETA say those animals have even worse conditions then slaughterhouse animals.)
Ive seen this girl who is vegan, she looks freaking white as a paper and wears pins about political stuff. Weird how something can affect someone like that.

But sadly, I push that out of my mind. My mom and dad arent vegeterian, heck they eat meat everyday.
Just the smell of cooked meat makes me so tempted to eat it. But nah, I can live without it.

By watching PETA's videos, I guess its poisoned my mind just a little. But If I wanted to eat meat I would, but I really just dont need to. But yeah, some people are psychofreak vegeterians, makes me pity them. But I dont care, the basics are, there are people out there who simply dont care about animals. Its hard to explain, but even without PETA's evidence, I know whats really going on out there.

I know this is out of topic also, but why arent cigarretes freaking illegal by now? All they do is make you sick?
Grrr, I hate this way of life.

peemonkey
May 6, 2006, 9:58 pm
Smokes make you feel good. Too many people smoke them to make them illegal. Besides, it'd suck to have to turn tricks for som American Sprits....mmm....now I wanna buy a pack.

Meat. Meat is good. It makes you tall strong and smart. The growth horomones kick ass too, I learned to cook beef when I was like, 7, and I'm 6 foot 6 inches of pure sex. Meat is good for you.

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 10:08 pm
You wish you were 6 foot 6 inches of pure sex. ^^

The Geologist
May 6, 2006, 10:10 pm
Wow...is it me, or does L.B. seem just as biased as those PETA fools he's fighting against. Good job putting up sites on the entire opposite end of the spectrum...yup, some good, unbiased opinion here.

I know plenty of vegetarians, and they don't look sickly. So please, stop spouting B.S. If you don't have anything against the practice at least get your facts straight and don't fall prey to the same need for exhaggeration that others do. And no, a few skinny hippies don't mean represent vegetarians as a whole. Vegetarianism can give you the same diet if you practice properly, and you can get just as much protein (since you seem so keen on that). Some people can't handle it, but that's a personal issue...not one with the practice as a whole.

We all know PETA goes overboard on what they do. This topic isn't an arguement against PETA, it's about his choice, a perfectly normal and acceptable choice. He won't die. So just...shut up about dieing. You don't know if he'll die or not, you probably just read it off of a site. What did you do aside from googling some anti PETA sites? Unless you're already a member of those sites, as your familiarity with their message boards would suggest...either way, you're just as biased as PETA.

I've worked at health food stores for years...and I eat meat. And I've known plenty of vegetarians as well as people who take it even farther than that. Perfectly normal lives, not sickly, and they even raise their kids on the lifestyle. And hey, suprise! Their kids don't up and DIE because they're not getting enough protein. Because their parents have a brain and they actually know the nutritional info on what they're feeding their kids. So yea..if we're talking about people who have no idea what they're doing with vegetarianism and switch over from eating burgers every day and treating their bodies like crap, I'd agree that the practice could cause some harm. But for anyone who takes the time to learn about going vege. it's just fine.

And don't worry, people don't get banned for presenting one sided arguements. Why you'd put a sentance in there about being banned I'll never know.

Famine
May 6, 2006, 10:14 pm
Yes, you can get protein from beans and other sources than meat. Vegetarian lifestyle can be healthy, but so can an omnivore's. Infact, none is really healthier than the others. The proteins in meat are easier for your body to process than those in other sources. Each has its pros and cons.

The Geologist
May 6, 2006, 10:15 pm
Damn you and your concise nature >_<

Deleted User
May 7, 2006, 12:23 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Lord BoxtopDascoo, my friend, you are a gullible fool. I can't believe you'd fall for PETA's lies. These people lie, cheat, and steal just to make it in the paper. You may think PETA has done good stuff, but what about the BAD things they've done? How about the "Your Mommy/Daddy is a Murder!" comics they hand out to kids? How about the fact that PETA supports ALF and the ELF and even bails arsonists out of jail? How about the fact that PETA KILLS nearly 80% of the animals they take in? How about the fact that Ingrid Newkirk is a crazy psychotic who said IN HER WILL, that she'd like to have her body cut up, barbecued and eaten. How about their idiotic three-man-and-a-chicken protests outside KFC, when it's widely known that KFC buys chickens from suppliers instead of producing the birds themselves? How about the "Holocaust on Your Plate" campaign, where they compared Holocaust victims to chickens in slaughterhouses, basically insulting the Jews and what they went through in WWII? They may have apologized, but it wasn't a very good apology. One person even said that PETA compared the Trial of Tears to a frickin' cattle drive. AND don't let me remind you about the case of the two PETA employees who dumped euthuized (I can't spell) dogs and cats (whowere, as claimed by a vet, "perfectly healthy") in a dumpster, and PETA didn't fire them? How about the fact that they support groups like ALF, considered terrorists by the FBI, and who support the burning down of labs and harassment and death of innocent researchers and their families?

And don't get me started on the PETA2 community. The admins ban anyone who thinks outside of the collective (ie posts real facts.) And some of those posts there are downright scary. In one post, some 21 year old woman complains about how her husband won't eat the vegitarian meals she cooks for her family and has to make a seperate dish of meat for him every night. Some of the comments were positive, some were negitive, but there was one person who suggested poisioning the guy. There was also another guy who boasted about vandalizing a KFC by spraying "KFC CRUELTY" on a window. And there's others who want people like me to DIE HORRIBLE DEATHS, and there have been a couple death threats and cases of stalking by Petards to members of the PETA-SUCKS board. Do you seriously want to believe a community this psychotic?

As for Vegetarianism, have you even SEEN how sickly these guys look? Do you seriously want to be malnourished and DIE? Look, from what I've read you're far too young to go vegetarian, and you might end up dying. You NEED protein, man. When you're like 30 or something, THEN decide. But not now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against vegetarianism, just when it comes to animal rights. If meat makes you physically sick or you just can't digest it, fine.

Heck, once you give up meat, you're going to have to give up leather and cotton, and even medications tested on animals. You want to die a slow death of cancer in the name of animal rights? Go ahead.

If you don't believe me, try going to http://www.animalscam.com/ and looking around. Consumer Freedom may be biased, but they're the only people who have the balls to stand up to PETA like they do. Also, check out http://www.peta-sucks.com and http://www.exposepeta.com to find more people whose lives have been negitively affected by PETA and the AR movement.

Still don't believe? Search around the internet for news articles detailing PETA and the AR movement's other publicity stunts, like trying to mess with the Australian wool industry and Canada's seal hunts, without any facts to back up their claims. And no, I'm not doing this research for you, man. You have to do it yourself. It'll help you realize how much of a meance PETA is.

My goal with all this was to prove to you how biased PETA is and how you should NEVER believe anything they say, including the photographs which were probably doctored (ZOMG PHOTOSHOP!!). Why? Ingrid Newkirk said it herself that PETA'S a bunch of press sluts. They want attention and they want their Borg army to multiply. And if your dad objects, tell him to go eat himself.

I'm trying to save your life here, man. If I get banned for saying all this, I will accept my fate with dignity.

sry did i say i like PETA? and there are vegetables that have protien in them. And what that ingrid person said was most likely sarcasm. and why would you get banned for saying those things?

m00`
May 7, 2006, 12:30 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Lord BoxtopAs for Vegetarianism, have you even SEEN how sickly these guys look? Do you seriously want to be malnourished and DIE? Look, from what I've read you're far too young to go vegetarian, and you might end up dying. You NEED protein, man. When you're like 30 or something, THEN decide. But not now. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against vegetarianism, just when it comes to animal rights. If meat makes you physically sick or you just can't digest it, fine.

er you can live off protien drinks and tablets cant you? xD

Swarmer
May 7, 2006, 1:04 am
If they're both equally healthy, and meat is extremely tasty, and not eating meat is not going to save any animals, then why bother changing at all?

frogboy
May 7, 2006, 1:07 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Lord BoxtopAnd don't get me started on the PETA2 community. The admins ban anyone who thinks outside of the collective (ie posts real facts.) And some of those posts there are downright scary.

Haha, yeah. Something Awful did a Weekend Web article on them. The best posts were someone who said she was "pretty much paralysed" when her sister said that cows gave her milk, and someone who was crying and apologising to a hamburger while having to cook it.

Swarmer
May 7, 2006, 1:09 am
I remember reading an AR message board once. Some lady said if she had to choose between saving the life of her daughter and her cat, she would not be able to decide.

n00bface
May 7, 2006, 2:02 am
[IMAGE]
that one.

Famine
May 7, 2006, 2:30 am
Hahaha, it is kinda ironic how she says "I am a slow thinker", yet she thinks she is smarter than her sister.

peemonkey
May 7, 2006, 5:43 am
also that's she's vegan and cares for all animals, but says she wanted to hit a person because they liked the fact that cows are walking milk machines.
Meat is good, and certain vegetables do augment the flavor and experience, such as poptatoes and steak, asparagas and steak, artichoke and steak, and everyone's favorite, steak and steak. Honerable mention; pork and steak, beer-cooked steak, steak and a cigarette, and of course, steak and violent sex.

m00`
May 7, 2006, 5:46 am
 Quote:Originally posted by n00bface[IMAGE]
that one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Deleted User
May 7, 2006, 6:34 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SwarmerIf they're both equally healthy, and meat is extremely tasty, and not eating meat is not going to save any animals, then why bother changing at all?

well if everyone went vege, then no more cows would be killed......but to bad we still like being ferocious and all

m00`
May 7, 2006, 7:08 am
uh the people eating the meat arent the one killing the cows, because the cows are already dead, isnt it the farmers/butchers that are ferocious? we just eat whats given to us.

frogboy
May 7, 2006, 7:12 am
And let the land go to waste? The male cows have to go somewhere. That somewhere is generally veal for the young ones. And other steaks for the older ones.

peemonkey
May 7, 2006, 7:21 am
If everony went "vege", this would be a [CENSORED]ty country.
We should eat the liberals :D

The Geologist
May 7, 2006, 7:49 am
 Quote:Originally posted by dascoo
well if everyone went vege, then no more cows would be killed......but to bad we still like being ferocious and all

Not quite.

You forget that cows have uses other than food, such as the leather industry. And yes, it's all because we just loooooove being ferocious. That's the whole reason why. Good job.

m00`
May 7, 2006, 7:53 am
OMG DASCOO STOP SITTING ON COW SKIN YOUR KILLING THE COWS!

The Geologist
May 7, 2006, 8:05 am
Here's a little list of (a few) things we use cows for other than food, broken down by organ. There are a few foodish things slipped in here, and I took out the obvious things like "human food", but you can see the point:

Brain

Laboratory reagents
Veterinary medicines
Pharmaceuticals
Cosmetics

Fat

Toothpaste
Ointments, topically applied medicines and cosmetic products
Shortening
Chewing gum
Adhesives for animal feeds
Lubricants
Soap
Candles
Glycerine

Tendon

Pharmaceuticals

Eg, elastin.
In addition, often used in ankle/knee support products.
(Skeletal and cardiac muscle is also used to produce peptone, a cell culture ingredient.)

Heart

Medical devices
Pet food
Laboratory reagents

Eg, Pericardium patches and heart valves.

And this is a fraction of a UK list. You can see the whole thing here

Another nice list here

m00`
May 7, 2006, 8:19 am
OMG DASCOO STOP BRUSHING YOUR TEETH, CLEANING YOUR HANDS, CHEWING GUM, SHINING CANDLES, FEEDING YOUR CAT AND TAKING MEDICINE, YOUR KILLING THE COWS!

karmazon
May 7, 2006, 8:35 am
I've been a semi vegeterian for many years. I don't eat meat, but i drink milk and eat eggs and also I don't give a [CENSORED] about animals

peemonkey
May 7, 2006, 8:44 am
that's because you speak english funny, [CENSORED]. EAT ANIMALS

karmazon
May 7, 2006, 8:48 am
no, because you touch yourself at night

The Geologist
May 7, 2006, 9:18 am
Keep it clean you two...before I smack you two with packaged meat products.

Aquarius
May 7, 2006, 9:28 am
There are "vegeterian" toothpastes, soaps, chewing gums etc etc. And very often it's not any "special" product, for example many Colgate toothpastes (and other personal care products) are vegetarian, most Wrigley's chewing gums are vegetarian, there is a lot of vegetarian cosmetics. Candles? Gimme a break. We live in XXI century. I had a vegetarian (palm oil) candle at home though.

I disagree with people who feed their cats with vegetarian food. The difference between us and animals is that we have a choice. Also most medical products are not vegetarian, but in my opinion there is a big difference between chewing a gum and saving someones life.

The Geologist
May 7, 2006, 9:42 am
Didn't put that up as some sort of "here's why meat is right" post...just pointing out that cows have uses other than eating, and even if people go vege., there will still be a market for the cows.

frogboy
May 7, 2006, 10:12 am
Why are we focusing on cows anyway? Why not the other delicious meats, such as sheep, chicken, dog and so forth. Besides, if you eat eggs, you're potentially killing another animal. You're eating the embryo or foetus or whatever of another animal. I need an omelette now.

The Geologist
May 7, 2006, 10:55 am
Gotta love that lamb. Mmmm....gyros.

Milkman Dan
May 7, 2006, 11:05 am
 Quote:Originally posted by frogboyYou're eating the embryo or foetus or whatever of another animal. I need an omelette now.

A baby foetus omelette? I have a great recipe, check your PM box.

Deleted User
May 7, 2006, 4:23 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by m00`uh the people eating the meat arent the one killing the cows, because the cows are already dead, isnt it the farmers/butchers that are ferocious? we just eat whats given to us.

yes your right, the cows would be dead, but the farmers would be making no profit so it's just saving future generations of cows.....and i dont think eating eggs is wrong, because the embryo in that egg is un fertilized i think.....i'm not sure.

peemonkey
May 7, 2006, 7:28 pm
One time I was at my girly's house when we was kids and her mom was making cake, cracked an egg open and a little bird fetus popped out :D

For the most part they're unfertalized, unless you buy the "natural" ones, where the chicken run around in some guy's yard, one is libal to get [CENSORED]ed.

_Mancer_
May 8, 2006, 3:48 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Lord BoxtopDascoo, my friend, you are a gullible fool. I can't believe you'd fall for PETA's lies. These people lie, cheat, and steal just to make it in the paper. You may think PETA has done good stuff, but what about the BAD things they've done? How about the "Your Mommy/Daddy is a Murder!" comics they hand out to kids? How about the fact that PETA supports ALF and the ELF and even bails arsonists out of jail? How about the fact that PETA KILLS nearly 80% of the animals they take in? How about the fact that Ingrid Newkirk is a crazy psychotic who said IN HER WILL, that she'd like to have her body cut up, barbecued and eaten. How about their idiotic three-man-and-a-chicken protests outside KFC, when it's widely known that KFC buys chickens from suppliers instead of producing the birds themselves? How about the "Holocaust on Your Plate" campaign, where they compared Holocaust victims to chickens in slaughterhouses, basically insulting the Jews and what they went through in WWII? They may have apologized, but it wasn't a very good apology. One person even said that PETA compared the Trial of Tears to a frickin' cattle drive. AND don't let me remind you about the case of the two PETA employees who dumped euthuized (I can't spell) dogs and cats (whowere, as claimed by a vet, "perfectly healthy") in a dumpster, and PETA didn't fire them? How about the fact that they support groups like ALF, considered terrorists by the FBI, and who support the burning down of labs and harassment and death of innocent researchers and their families?

[IMAGE]

Deleted User
May 9, 2006, 8:30 am
i sit on my own butt :O