( search forums )
Ctf Octai 1.8
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Flying_Dutchman
May 3, 2006, 10:00 am
Here's a standard map for a change. No spectacular looks, I focused on the layout here. There are numerous ways you can go, and you can switch from route almost anywhere. When testing the map I noticed that people litteraly come from all directions around you, so you really need to watch your back.
This is the first map where I used my own texture, which gives the map a nice soft look in my oppinion.

Enjoy!

Overview
Ingame; Red base
Ingame; Relic
Scenery + Texture
Map

rabidhamster
May 3, 2006, 11:32 am
Ooh, very nice coloring. Makes the map feel old, but in a good way. PM Leo to see if he wants to put this on his server.

makazuma
May 3, 2006, 11:48 am
Nice one, doesn't look so overdone like most of those new maps created :)

It has style.

Deleted User
May 3, 2006, 1:21 pm
I like it, as others have said, good coloring.
I'm gonna download this when I get a chance.

GluLm
May 3, 2006, 1:24 pm
Amazing! It kind of looks like some old maps indeed! This texture is pretty good.
The overall design is excellent although the red pit was useless in my opinion. Also the ropes don't blend very well with the polygons and you're probably overused them a bit but it's still alright. Perhaps you should have made a darker background too.
Well other than that, this is an awesome ctf map!
Good job again!

Eagles_Arrows
May 3, 2006, 1:29 pm
Wow, dude. I virtually have no cons for this map. The color transitions are so smooth, you can taste it, and I guarantee - the flavour is splendid!

The layout is very significant and the scenery on this map is well used overall.

I hope this is waypointed, otherwise I'll add this to my list xD

Flying_Dutchman
May 3, 2006, 1:39 pm
Thanks guys :)
Sorry, forgot to mention that it isn't waypointed, so go ahead Eagles ;)

About the pit, some people who were concentrating on a fight to much (Like me..) managed to get themselves killed in the pit :P, so besides it makes the map look like a face, it isn't completely useless. :P
And yea, I agree with you on the ropes, I just couldn't get them the way I wanted and maybe I've overdone them too. Gonna try and see if I can get them better.

CardBoardWarrior
May 3, 2006, 2:45 pm
Looks sweet I'm gonna try it out.

Raptor
May 6, 2006, 12:48 am
I have too many maps like this but it's never bad to have one more ;)

Nice job!