( search forums )
Desert eagles
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Weapon Balance Discussion
MOFO NOFO
May 4, 2006, 12:32 pm
DEagles need a bit of a boost. I personally think that the DE should have a 2.5hit kill (like, if you run out of bullets and land 2 on someone, you can just pull out the soccom and kill them faster), because the DE's have been weakened too much.. no-one uses it anymore, only I and a few others.

jimmy7512
May 4, 2006, 6:50 pm
I also use them I think theres nothing wrong, but I see where your coming from maybe they could boost the damage up by a bit.

XenocidE
May 4, 2006, 7:12 pm
Deagles are actually perfect how they are now. The problem that is currently around is that when your deagles hit the player they don't always register. So even if you hit him 6 times in the chest, he could still be alive. I use Deagle all the time, and I can pull of kills all the time with them. Deagles have a quick reload time and the fire-rate is very impressive.

It just depends on how you use the Deagles. But if Deagles registered all the time, they would be a very difficult weapon to counter. Registered shots is why they are so weak right now. Of course I haven't tried the new 1.1c version yet, so I can't say how they deal against other weapons. But 2.5 hits/kill is a bit much. but 3-4 chest shots should kill, 2 head shots should bring them down to about 5% health, and about 6 leg shots should kill.

Rooster
May 6, 2006, 2:06 pm
6 leg shots? wtf. 2 should be insta kill(in the head) not bring them down to 5%. The way they are now in 1.3.1 in my opinion is perfect, damage wise. If they were to recive a fire rate slow down that wouldnt bother me. But 6 shots in the feet is jst ridiculous, you might aswell just make it 20 because noone is going to get a kill with a 6 shots in the foot 4 in the chest and 3 in the head, the bloody FN does more damage than that and it has 50 bullets and a dramatically higher fire rate. Pure insanity mate.

2 in the head 3 in the chest and 4 in the foot. Thats how it should be.

MOFO NOFO
May 6, 2006, 2:46 pm
Hmm.. i agree with roos. Whilst were on the topic of deagles, i wouldent mind if they had a slightly faster fire rate, but in saying this, the reload should be slower. I think deagles were at perfection in 121.

person
May 6, 2006, 4:19 pm
4 in the foot rooster? That's a bit much I think. Since "we all use them", I'll say that basically the reason why no one uses them is because you can't kill someone faster with the deagles than with an auto - if you have at least a small amount of skill with one. Unless you have perfect accuracy, you have to rely on your opponent making an off-shot for you to take advantage, and even if you are making all your shots sometimes...

Mofo, I'd say pretty much all the weapons were at perfection in 1.2.1.

a-4-year-old
May 6, 2006, 5:24 pm
deagles are fine, in realistic they can go up to a one hit kill

Eagles_Arrows
May 6, 2006, 5:48 pm
I use them alot in R/S and I think it's fine for me.

GAMEOVER
May 7, 2006, 1:46 am
Deagles are fine the way they are now. They shoot fast reload fast and pack a punch. The ruger needs a speed increase either in fire interval or reload to match it imo.

-Claw-
May 7, 2006, 9:51 am
"The ruger needs a speed increase either in fire interval or reload to match it imo."

Look at your sig m8. :|

MOFO NOFO
May 7, 2006, 10:45 am
Hmm.. when i get adsl2+ ima host an aus serv with a slightly edited version of 1.2.1 ini and this one.

Rai-Dei
May 11, 2006, 3:14 am
I think power is fine... but in this new Mod I do not like the slow firing rate..WAY TO SLOW. Just a little speed comon now :P

Zegovia
May 11, 2006, 9:11 am
You should go for headshots, they give a apreciative result then... ^^

Rooster
May 11, 2006, 1:05 pm
go for a headshot when 3 auto users are jetting on a hill, btw what person said is the complete truth.

Morik
May 16, 2006, 4:18 am
Ya, i dont think dealges should have slower rate of fire. Deagles are an offensive weapon and should be built as one. The deagles now are fine.

TACKLEbeast666
May 19, 2006, 6:48 am
yea, what are you guys whine about, i can own anyone in close range with deagle rs or not.
the only weakness of the weapon is in big maps, but i could still jet prone rush to medium to close range.
with the fast fire rate deagle is excellent excellent weapon.

MOFO NOFO
May 19, 2006, 6:53 am
The only reason i use deagles still is because im used to them. I'd have moved to m79 or ruger if i didnt love them so much

Deleted User
May 19, 2006, 2:46 pm
So you want a 2shot headshot kill? 7 round ruger is not workin' for me.

GAMEOVER
May 19, 2006, 5:00 pm
Why the hell do people bring up the Ruger in my sig, get over it already like I said before I dont want the Ruger dominant not at all! The last thing I want to see is everyone running around with any one weapon and yeah that includes the Ruger. Get over my sig already. Its a sig nothing more or less. I have used aug a lot this version almost as much as my other primary. Deagles are fine the way they are but they do have a tiny edge on the ruger with the brutal speed both in shooting interval and reload they can really heat up a server. I do want them untouched but adjust others a TINY bit just to match it. Takeing away here and adding there is the reason why Soldat will never have balanced weapons if we use this system over n' over.

TACKLEbeast666
May 19, 2006, 11:16 pm
no, don't touch the ruger...it's as powerful as it is.
i know it can be very frustrating during nonrealistic big ctf games, but that's the disadvantage of the gun....you can't shoot down multiple enemies at the same time. every gun needs a disadvantage, and there are enough ruger users as it is in rs...sometimes i just feels like a rebel and choose not to use ruger but other times i just couldn't resist :\

iDante
May 22, 2006, 12:19 am
Deagles need to be lower rate of fire same damage but faster.

GNU
May 22, 2006, 12:53 am
I think the bink (not self-bink) should be increased so as to hold back the opponents rather than them running straight through the bullets with little effect. This might only be a small change but at least something positive should happen to the deagles, they've basically been shat on for the past 2 versions.

CrazyKid980
May 24, 2006, 10:43 pm
Deagles are just fine the way they are. They are powerful with the 2-4 hit kills, but the recoil, ammo and angle balances it out.

Messiah
May 26, 2006, 2:54 pm
I dont think deagles should be changed at all, its fine as it is, if shots would register a bit better that would be great but right now i dont think it needs any change at all, or else everyone will start using it.

Deleted User
May 26, 2006, 2:56 pm
I too, believe that the deagles are just fine as they are.

I use them all the time and don't think their missing anything.

BillaBamZilla
June 3, 2006, 4:10 am
Meh I find deagles only good for a secondary weapon. I pick em up after someoen dies. I used to use em a long time ago, I think they're fine.

T-Bone
June 6, 2006, 10:08 am
Deagles don't need to be changed. They are good how they are. I dont use them often, but i have no problem getting kills with them, and i dont find myself in a position were other people are overpowering me or my team with them