( search forums )
Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
bja888
May 4, 2006, 12:48 pm
[lur]http://www.ea.com/official/cc/firstdecade/us/news.jsp?src=CC3_Tiberium_Wars[/url]

Being a C&C fan since the very beginning (1995) I tend to keep track of news and the latest game. I might not buy it but I for sure know about it. While searching for mods for generals I came across this little bit of news and get extremely excited. Reasons....

1) They are bringing tiberium back!
2) They are bringing all the old armys back. GDI (Global Defense Initiative) and NOD (just NOD) Plus a new undisclosed army!!!
3) All the old vecials. Orcas and Stelth tanks kick ass!!!
4) New crap!!!
5) Better unit AI. (I swear they used the original AI from the 95 edition for generals)
6) Combing of units.
7) A bunch more stuff.

Scheduled to ship in 2007. I'm freaking stoked!!

Deleted User
May 4, 2006, 3:06 pm
OMG im CC Fan too And i have The first decade pack.And that owns!

-VzX- Silverflame
May 4, 2006, 4:05 pm
im gonna get it ^^

Swebonny
May 4, 2006, 4:32 pm
omfg :) finally !

bja888
May 4, 2006, 5:30 pm
Oh! And there is something else about mobile command centers. Apparently you can easily set up a mobile command for strategic operations in enemy territory.

The war/strategy genre could be so much better. I hope C&C3 bridges that gap.

peemonkey
May 4, 2006, 5:58 pm
It seems C&C fans gots lousy typin skiils :)

-VzX- Silverflame
May 4, 2006, 7:41 pm
nopes weh dunt ;p

XenocidE
May 4, 2006, 9:16 pm
As long as Tiberian Wars doesn't suck like Generals did. After Westwood went out of business, and EA Games took over C&C, I never liked the game. I've also been a fan from the begining. I just recently reinstalled Tiberian Sun. Still one of the greatest games ever. But C&C Red Alert2 is my favorite.

wormdundee
May 5, 2006, 12:46 am
Tiberian Sun kicks the ass of all the other ones, although yes, Red Alert 2 is pretty decent.

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 5, 2006, 1:00 am
Lies, Tiberium Sun series wasn't as fun as Red Alert 2's Expansion. I completely hated it when my units walk through tiberium and they die.

Soulsnipa
May 5, 2006, 1:43 am
then watch where they walk

bja888
May 5, 2006, 2:13 pm
Tiberian Sun was like the only one I didn't play. Its too bad ea owns westwood now, but I wont hold that against the game it self. Although I loved Red Alert 2. The only one I ever played multi player has been generals (well, and renegade)....

How did the other ones fair??

XenocidE
May 5, 2006, 6:51 pm
If you're basing your games just off of playing Red Alert 2 and Generals, then you won't know what it's like to play the game before it went to [CENSORED]. The original C&C was so great, I never got that expansion pack to work on this version. Red Alert would have probably been my favorite before Red Alert 2 was released. With the two expansions to this, it faired against Starcraft in game play, imo.

And speaking of Starcraft. They are talking about releasing a World of Starcraft type game. (MMO game, similar to World of Warcraft, only better).

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 9:18 pm
xenocide, just to tell yah, the world of starcraft thing was a gamespot april fools joke.....i know i was excited too but now i'm sad :(

bja888
May 6, 2006, 2:58 am
No Xenocide, I played the original. On both computer and Nintendo 64 (computer first). I Felt that Red Alert 2 was good (I saw red alert 1, I think it had different kinds of tiberium. Some that explodes if you shoot the truck or something) and I liked all the new technologies, though I couldn't tell if the weapon balance was good because I never played online. Sun, I never played or seen.

I hated starcraft ever since the first time I saw someone play it. It looked like a game of numbers rather than strategy. Even though that how a lot of people play C&C.

Also, I have been playing Art of Defence maps recently and been loving them. I got a few, MSN me and I'll host one if someone wants to play.

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 3:11 am
i wanna get the first decade
the only c&c games i've played are the original on PS1 and Red Alert: Retaliation

bja888
May 6, 2006, 4:23 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SadistAtHeartoriginal on PS1 and Red Alert: Retaliation

Most likely the only one on PS1. If you want to be a true fan you must know what the hand of NOD is. ;)

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 4:52 am
haha, yeah
wasn't that the NOD version of the barracks or something? i haven't played them in soo long
that's why i want the first decade

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 7:28 am
I just hope they're gonna give it a better name than "Tiberium Wars"

m00`
May 6, 2006, 7:50 am
lol a starcraft mmo, that sounds really stupid

numgun
May 6, 2006, 11:20 pm
----------------------------------------ADVERTISING-------------------------------------------

A MUST HAVE MOD FOR RED ALERT 2

http://www.geocities.com/ultimar235/BlackMissile.html

the blackmissile: apocalypse mod for red alert 2.
get it now! its [CENSORED]ing nuts! over 50 new units and structures!

also contains a superweapon that can eradicate a whole base in 1 blow and prevent further construction with radiation!

----------------------------------------ADVERTISING-------------------------------------------

KamikazeDuck
May 6, 2006, 11:50 pm
"This site is currently unavailable"
Damn, I guess the mod will have to wait.

[IMO]I loved playing Red Alert 2 and Tiberian Sun on LAN but ea update their games for about a month after they release it where you only get a few bug fixes and maybe a map. Then they bring out an expansion pack for $50 (Australian) where you get what could have easily been put in an update. Sorry but I guess I've come to expect the support of games after using steam.[/IMO]

Still, it looks pretty cool.

bja888
May 7, 2006, 12:06 am
 Quote:Originally posted by KamikazeDuck Then they bring out an expansion pack for $50 (Australian) where you get what could have easily been put in an update.

Thats how they make their money. Selling expansions. Don't expect anything from the updates. I did notice a few good updates after generals first came out.

a-4-year-old
May 7, 2006, 12:18 am
more [CENSORED] to flood the market. yee hee!

EA will [CENSORED] it up somehow, just wait.

bja888
May 11, 2006, 4:07 am
 Quote:Originally posted by KrilliousI havent played that game in like 10 years xD
I have the first one that came out, and I still have that large box that it came in :D

lol! I remember when computer game boxes became the size they are now. They used to be huge.

mortal_soldier
May 11, 2006, 5:31 pm
yesh, i have been waiting for the next part of red alert series...i have RA2 and i still play it online (atleast twice a week)..i have deezire mod installed...i wonder whats the conflickt now....yuris second revenge?...but PLEASE..NO MORE RUSSIANS!!!...my current computer has no hopes of running RA3...but im getting new comp for summer...current shopping list contains battlefield 2 and RA3...