( search forums )
:[DS]: Stories: Why ARSSE can be evil.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Bash Pit
Medix
May 5, 2006, 4:15 am
R/S. Go play a R/S Server and ask about "spying".

Quote:Originally posted on the :[DS]: Forums
Why does DS have ARSSE up during Scrims and CW's? Some pun intended, but, isn't that CHEATING?

1) What is ARSSE?

ARSSE, or Advanced Remote Soldat Server Enchanter, is an advanced remote administrator program based on the original Remote Soldat Server program originally built by Michal Marcinkowsky, the creator of Soldat. ARSSE provides many more options, such as tabbed server management and favorites selective server management, which can be useful for long passwords and managing multiple servers at once. It is mainly a Java application, where most of the connection information in the original R.S.S. program is put in the same output format.

Like the R.S.S., you can see TEAMCHAT. This can be a good tool in looking at anyone's in-game CHAT records. You could kick them for saying "You're a f*g, admin", and all sorts of things, even if they speak through TEAMCHAT.

Screenshot:
[IMAGE]
A screenshot of viewing TEAMCHAT on ARSSE.

Yes, the screenshot is quite humorous. Why did he call me a "Son of a b*t*h"? I have a script running to prevent certain words:

[code]if $MESSAGE = g**
/say Kicking for offensive Language
/kick $PLAYER_NUM
endif

if $MESSAGE = f*g
/kick $PLAYER_NUM
endif

if $MESSAGE = lag
/say Don't like the lag? Play somewhere else.
/kick $PLAYER_NUM

if $MESSAGE = tg**
/kick $PLAYER_NUM
endif

if $MESSAGE = tf*g
/kick $PLAYER_NUM
endif

if $MESSAGE = tlag
/say Don't like the lag? Play somewhere else.
/kick $PLAYER_NUM
endif[/code]

The scripting language is a loose, soft-power script system that isn't meant for serious business, but it gets the job done. It is similar to QBasic and those sorts of programming languages (Non-Object Oriented?).

ARSSE is made by KeFear, of the Soldatforums.

2) What does all this bulls--- have to do with :[DS]: cheating?

By being able to view the other team's TEAMCHAT through ARSSE, this is a valuable tool to success/wins. If their opponents "spy", whomever has ARSSE open can view their TEAMCHAT and locate the enemy.

HOW!? Easy.

(TEAMCHAT) UP!

From this, we can assume that their comrade is still alive and someone is above him. In this case, you would assume he is below you, and you drop down to the side to kill him, or brace for him to jet up and kill him. This is how you can cheat using ARSSE.

3) So what? Pshh!!!

Well, I just saw .:|BAM|:. beat :[DS]: in a scrim. Here's the last round they played:

[IMAGE]
.:|BAM|:. beats :[DS]: 9-8.

I don't know about the First round, but here's what happened.

It was the last one, after 16 rounds, the game was tied, 8 - 8. It was Ice vs. Skarr. Skarr was in the middle of the map, waiting for Ice. {SEAL} Russel came in and decided to !admin, causing a admin request JAVA POP-UP on ARSSE.

Now when you have a good computer as Ice does, getting over 200 fps on most maps, it's kind of hard for a JAVA POP-UP to lag your computer to s---. Ice described her computer "jumping up". Sure, a JAVA POP-UP, at most, reduces FPS by most, 40 fps. Let's take 180 and subtract 40. 140 FPS. How much FPS do YOU get on your Soldat when you play? Press F3 and see how much you get. I usually get 60. Wow, 140 is like more than double my FPS. AMAZING.

30 seconds after she had banned Russel, she went to the middle of the map, where Skarr raped her. TATATATATATATATATA! OWNED. Skarr's FN Minimi just ripped her to shreds. Ice used /restart and asked for a re-do the last round of the scrim.

Yes, ARSSE makes your computer go from 180 FPS to 20 FPS. YES. A JAVA PROGRAM CAN LAG YOUR COMPUTER SO BAD. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU HAVE A COMPUTER SITUATION THAT DOES NOT EXIST IN THIS UNIVERSE.

Always your "I should ban him" b*t*h,
Medix.

Another stupid story by an R/S [CENSORED]. ;)

thekingkitty
May 5, 2006, 4:30 am
well..thats something...

rabidhamster
May 5, 2006, 4:38 am
That's one strict admin.

Edit: Plus he's an ass.

Elephant_Hunter
May 5, 2006, 5:43 am
ARSSE is not Java...

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 7:45 am
Ever heard of MSN? Teamspeak? Some other forms of communicating with a group?

Deleted User
May 5, 2006, 2:06 pm
telepathy

DeMonIc
May 6, 2006, 9:47 am
Hah, ARSSE is the last thing I'd use to spy on my enemy. That's why we usually don't allow spectators in league/cup games.

a-4-year-old
May 6, 2006, 3:58 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Psychotelepathy
loled