( search forums )
Quake 3 style chat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
rhide
May 5, 2006, 6:36 pm
It would be handy to know when someone is chatting, for example, a code of honour in 1v1 would be never to shoot the oponent when he is chatting.
Quake 3 arena displays an icon over your head when you have pressed the chat button, shaped like a "talk-bubble" wich dissapears when you hit enter to enter the chat message.

It would be really neat to see that in the new version of soldat!

Eagles_Arrows
May 5, 2006, 11:40 pm
Suggested before. I like it, but won't prevent players from typekilling because (1) they're [CENSORED]s, and (2) they can still kill others who are typing.

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 6:33 am
Well, certainly this wouldn't bring any harm.

peemonkey
May 6, 2006, 6:51 am
Abusable. Wait for someone with decency to come up whilst having the type button down, but not typing, only waiting, then immediately killin' em.

bond_james_bond
May 6, 2006, 1:44 pm
you hide when chatting

a-4-year-old
May 6, 2006, 3:27 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondyou hide when chatting

rhide
May 15, 2006, 5:11 pm
When you play Q3 its merely a code of honour not to shoot someone who is chatting, rather than a game rule.
Also, it's because you CAN shoot the player that you cant abuse it - since you shouldnt be able to turn immortal just by hitting your chat button.

It's pretty annoying to shoot your friend when he is chatting if you actually want a fair game...

Zegovia
May 15, 2006, 6:00 pm
ive said it before, if you ignore a typer, hell shoot you in the back! dont take any chances!! :P

GluLm
May 15, 2006, 8:18 pm
Pretty good idea (even though it's been suggested before... probably by me even).
This should be implemented into Soldat as it wouldn't require lots of coding anyway.

a-4-year-old
May 15, 2006, 9:48 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Zegoviaive said it before, if you ignore a typer, hell shoot you in the back! dont take any chances!! :P
ya rly i read that for the second time in like 30 seconds, just shoot their heads off.

why do we even have this topic, even /dance is more importaint than an icon which is in atleast 4 other games so we need it for soldat

soldat should not be about crap like OMFG WE SHOULD HAVE LVLS BCAUSE I HAVD A GAME CFALLED AGE OF EMPIRES AND YOU CAN LVL UP IN IT SO WE SHOULD JAVE IT@@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11onehundredeleven

rhide
May 16, 2006, 1:35 pm
And the constructive criticism? What if everyone on this forum was like you, pushing and abusing all the posts you dont like? It would close.

Anyway, it doesnt take much coding, its not annoying, and no one would suffer any harm from it, so please stop just throwing abuse >_>