( search forums )
Polyworks questions
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
RadleyGH
May 6, 2006, 12:32 am
I have a few questions with Polyworks:

How do you...

1) Add colors to the color palette
2) Change the type of object (Player, Flag etc)
3) (Not specific) How do you use the Normal/Multiply/Screen etc in the palette? (I know what these do from using The GIMP, but not what they are for)
4) Make invisible polygons (I heard there was an option for them with Polyworks, I dont want to do the blank texture/same color background way)
5) Can you make it so that not only the poly you are on, but all you place have the "Doesnt collide" property? I have to go back and change each one right now...

Pride
May 6, 2006, 12:34 am
Click the question mark next to the minimize bar, and that will open the help page. That should describe everything.

RadleyGH
May 6, 2006, 12:35 am
2: Save someone some work by searching a similar thread
( http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=33598 )

Quote:Eagles_Arrows
On the tools window, you will see a Player Spawn icon (circled in red). This is the Object Tool (or it could be Spawn Tool. I prefer Object Tool).

[IMAGE]

Right click anywhere in the Polyworks window with the Object Tool enabled and you will receive a list like this one. Select what type of spawn you want to place (in this case, it is Stat Gun and Flags, right?) and you are ready to go.

@Pride: Oh thanks I never noticed that before, there should be a help tab up by file/edit so that its easier to notice... heh... and this forum doesnt use the forum codes like most sorry about the messy coding!

Pride
May 6, 2006, 12:38 am
No worries about the coding. I await seeing some maps by you.

RadleyGH
May 6, 2006, 12:46 am
Heres a question that the help doesnt really help with, linking waypoints it says:

Quote:WAYPOINT
Click to place waypoints. Hold shift and click to connect waypoints.

When you hold shift and click it adds a waypoint to the selection, instead of linking. How do you link it?

Pride
May 6, 2006, 1:03 am
You have to hold shift and click on an existing waypoint. I think that's it

RadleyGH
May 6, 2006, 2:30 am
Oh hah I just figured it out, well... I was using the point selection tool (Because you can select waypoint/objects with it too) and thats why it wasnt working... Not used to how these tools work yet

Soulsnipa
May 6, 2006, 3:07 am
1) The Down Arrow in the Palette window (title bar)
2) Right click work area
3) Palette Window
4) select a polygon > ctrl+r
5) Polygons Properties box