( search forums )
Easier weapon picking
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 6:31 am
I was wondering, what if the soldat wouldn't automatically pick up weapons, but instead you would have to hover the cursor over the weapon, and the name of the weapon of the weapon would appear under the cursor (just like pointing at players), and if you'd get close enough to the weapon, you could click on it and the weapon would be yours. And of course you could only pick up weapons after you've thrown your own.

Of course, as an option, but I mean, this would make hunting Rambo Bow a lot easier, for example.

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 10:03 am
your first suggestion seems good, but would it incrase the load of server?
your second suggestion lacks uses. clicking on a weapon may be misspelled by the program to shoot at the gun. and it uses your time to click on a gun while your enemies will be happy to shoot you :P

Flying_Dutchman
May 6, 2006, 10:17 am
I have a feeling this would take to much time, and I agree with Keita. I would rather see the bug where you immidiatly drop the weapon again afer picking it up, solved.

bond_james_bond
May 6, 2006, 1:43 pm
using this to hunt for the Rambo Bow would defeat the purpose

edak
May 6, 2006, 11:48 pm
and the bow 'glows' already............

a-4-year-old
May 7, 2006, 12:15 am
nobody plays rambo matches often enough for this to be relevant for anything, and a lot of players dont slow down often enough to pick up items they find on the way.

Deleted User
May 7, 2006, 6:01 am
Funny, I had only one suggestion. Wonder where the second came from?

And of course you could only pick up weapons after you've thrown your own. I forgot to said that.

Tybs
May 7, 2006, 1:11 pm
I play rambo match a lot, but IMO, something like this would kinda ruin part of the game... its just hilarious to see the bow surrounded by dozens of other weapons, and having people all trying to pick it up, meanwhile blowing each other to smithereens. Finally one person gets the bow, jumps up, but gets killed, bow flying away, and everything starts over again... so much fun :D. Lets keep getting the bow a real challenge.

Deleted User
May 7, 2006, 3:00 pm
Thats needed Good suggestion Fluffy

Dark_Noddy
May 7, 2006, 5:14 pm
getting blasted while desperatly trying to pick up the weapon U want from a pile is allways greate fun especially in Rambo ^^ I think it works fine as it is :) Fix some bugs > stuff that really doesnt matter

The Geologist
May 7, 2006, 8:14 pm
Not really needed..all this fuss over tiny weapons on the ground that one can barely see? ANd since the rambo does already glow, then...no.