( search forums )
Begging for Coloured shoes!
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
MOFO NOFO
May 6, 2006, 8:57 am
We need coloured shoes =) it shouldent be hard to add as a feature in soldat, mabye as a registered only feature, but i think it would be cool if people had coloured shoes. Personally i'd make my shoes black though.

Deleted User
May 6, 2006, 10:08 am
I made team A with brown shoes and team B dark-blue.
rather than shoes I'd like to have sunglasses/goggles/other stuff on the face which have independent color with team's. Mr. T's style will be free to have its own color too :)

Flying_Dutchman
May 6, 2006, 10:10 am
I would love to see both of the suggestions. But I've heard it's hard to implement new stuff cause of the way Michal wrote soldat.

MOFO NOFO
May 6, 2006, 2:38 pm
Well, all that would have to happen is to make the shoes a greyish colour and then make it so you can colour it just like the jets/clothes, except its only for registered players.

a-4-year-old
May 6, 2006, 3:27 pm
while jets are on you can hardly see your shoes, it would be cool, but on high terrain you hardly see any of one shoe.

unnessesary

rabidhamster
May 6, 2006, 5:31 pm
Shoes are the only things that make soldaten visible on black bg maps. People would ninja around on the bottom of maps like Pontehduas or whatever it's called.

Avis
May 9, 2006, 7:22 pm
The googles-stuff is a very interessting idea, if it's going to be implented, you also should set the transparency and the color, maybe ONLY for registered players ;)

Deleted User
May 9, 2006, 9:16 pm
Night vison goggles as a powerup, you pick 'em up on dark maps and everything becomes green and more visible :O.

Yay for wishful thinking.

Yeah couloured shoes would be nice...

Norris Scott
May 9, 2006, 10:17 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by KamiNight vison goggles as a powerup, you pick 'em up on dark maps and everything becomes green and more visible :O.

Yay for wishful thinking.

Yeah couloured shoes would be nice...

The problem with this is Soldat doesn't exactly 'notice' dark maps. Unless there's a massive scenery to create a darker atmosphere, everything's clearly visible. And even then, the most we could really do is have another scenery overlap that to make things visible, which would lag your game severely.

I'd suggest something more like a flashlight mounted on a gun if anything. That way, you can at least have a smaller scenery file that overlaps the dark one, and lights up things in front of you... but even then it wouldn't be that great, considering it'd only be useful on certain maps.

CardBoardWarrior
May 11, 2006, 1:58 am
This isnt a damn dress-up game, what will you want next? A full line of purses to match?

g-force9
May 11, 2006, 4:58 am
Forget the shoes! I'm happy with what we have.

Captain Ben
May 11, 2006, 6:34 am
Forget shoes! Lobby for boots! Expensive boots!

Zegovia
May 11, 2006, 8:56 am
Actually i never pay attention to the shoes, just the enemy and where their gun is pointing...

vash763
May 12, 2006, 12:24 am
Replace the hat with bunny ears plx kthnx

Deleted User
May 12, 2006, 12:52 am
1. This has been suggested... a lot
2. MM said that he can't add any more customizable stuff
3. is the magic number

X¬Rã¥
May 12, 2006, 10:54 am
I'd like some sunnys. They can be my X-Ray glasses!

And come on...This is MM WE'RE TALKING ABOUT. Teh king of da people that make games free that own!

MOFO NOFO
May 12, 2006, 11:31 am
Holy Crapamoley. I ask for a shoe thread, and i get a " I'd like some sunnys. They can be my X-Ray glasses! " and " Replace the hat with bunny ears plx kthnx " even.. "Night vison goggles as a powerup, you pick 'em up on dark maps and everything becomes green and more visible :O. "

Now i know why it says to post stuff on the improvements discussion before here.. you dont know what sh*t people will say.

X¬Rã¥
May 12, 2006, 2:20 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by yukina_keitaI made team A with brown shoes and team B dark-blue.
rather than shoes I'd like to have sunglasses/goggles/other stuff on the face which have independent color with team's. Mr. T's style will be free to have its own color too :)

Hey, dont get all cranky on my ass. His post is right below yours, its easy to forget that its not the same post. Dont care about shoes. Care about glasses.

MOFO NOFO
May 12, 2006, 7:06 pm
Mod the damn helmet/hat/head, you twat.

X¬Rã¥
May 13, 2006, 12:14 am
 Quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOMod the damn helmet/hat/head, you twat.

I dont know how to mod and i dont need to know. And if i could mod the head couldnt you mod the pants/jets/shoes?

Igpond
May 13, 2006, 11:52 am
X-Ray is right (this is Kinder-Slauf)

KnOt
May 13, 2006, 1:51 pm
What about sunglasses 8)

Liquid Metal
May 14, 2006, 2:45 am
How about them baby shoes that make a squeaky noise when you walk

Captain Ben
May 15, 2006, 7:17 am
 Quote:Originally posted by MOFO NOFOMod the damn helmet/hat/head shoes, you twat.

Dark_Noddy
May 15, 2006, 10:47 am
Unless the shoes are throwable and very leathal I dont care what color they are ^^
Uselessness :)

For the bunny ears, IIRC MM said this would be available in a version soon on some interview. might be mistaking tho, or perhaps he was joking :o BunnehMastah likes anyhow

Bounty Hunter Guy
May 20, 2006, 12:26 pm
Coloured shoes would be good, to match my black outfit.