( search forums )
Making a mod to .exe
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Modding help
David S7
May 7, 2006, 12:59 am
I searched around the forums and didn't saw a similar topic to this. I may be wrong.

Edit!: Damn, I didn't noticed the sticky topic of how to make a .exe file. Sorry admins/mods for making this thread again!

I just downloaded some mods, but all of them except one need to overwrite the normal Soldat mod.
I want to make like a .exe for a mod I downloaded, so instead of overwriting, I just click the .exe file and starts with Soldat.
Or I could make a shortcut or something so with modman I can choose which mod I want, without having to overwrite anything of the default Soldat mod. [IMAGE]

Can someone help me telling me where should I place the folders, what should I put, etc? I will be really thankful!

David S7
May 7, 2006, 1:16 am
NVM! I figured out how to do it! Lol it's too simple.

mar77a
May 7, 2006, 2:04 am
heh

David S7
May 7, 2006, 2:13 am
Anyways, how can I make the whole mod into .exe? I mean, when you download a mod, they may come with many folders inside a .zip file. Some mods have come just with an .exe file, you run it, and install it. How can I make this?

rhide
May 10, 2006, 8:17 pm
Heres another really neat mod chooser: http://www.soldatforums.com/topic.asp?topic_id=33669 :P

You can pack your file with most of the larger compression programs into an exe, such as WINRAR or WINZIP, but dont do that - save in standard packed format. General people hate self-installing packages, they want to decide where to put the stuff the download.

divix
May 27, 2006, 12:47 pm
try not to double post plz