( search forums )
scenery
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Pro Play
May 7, 2006, 2:38 am
i recently dled a map that requires scenery or w/e where do i put the scenery so it loads in map ( plz be simple im a newb)

Pro Play
May 7, 2006, 2:41 am
Im really sorry for double post but, if u need to know, i have polyworks. thnx for answers

Pride
May 7, 2006, 2:45 am
1. put the sceneries in the folder marked "Scenery" in the main soldat folder.
2. Use the edit button instead of double posting.

Pro Play
May 7, 2006, 2:51 am
main soldat folder.... im lost. uggg. i dont see any, what are u talknig about i click soldat folder and it just has the thing that runs it, there no mini folders thta say cenery or anything, theres liek notihng in the folder but the main startup and play game tihng. plz hlep me i really wANNA try out this map. ty for help

Pride
May 7, 2006, 3:10 am
By main soldat folder, I mean the folder you installed soldat into. The default is C:\Soldat try looking there.

Eagles_Arrows
May 7, 2006, 3:31 am
Welcome to Eagle's Portable FAQ - Automatically summoned by those in dire need of help ^_^

Quote: i recently dled a map that requires scenery or w/e where do i put the scenery so it loads in map ( plz be simple im a newb)
I will keep it as newbie-friendly as possible. (>_<)
 Quote: main soldat folder.... im lost. uggg.
I think I know why you are lost. Apparently, you are clicking the executable Soldat game itself - not the folder. The most common way to get to Soldat is to click on "My Computer" and go to your Local Disk > Program Files > Soldat. <-- this is where I assume your Soldat folder is, considering from your posts, computers are not really your specialty (no offense).

Quote:Hooray! I've gotten to my Soldat Folder! Now what do I do?
[IMAGE]

Now that you are in your personal Soldat folder, you can copy and paste sceneries into the highlighted folder in the picture above.
 Quote:Oh [CENSORED]! I get a message asking me if I want to overwrite a scenery file! What do I do?!
Don't be afraid!!! You can always press the "Yes to all" button, or - if you're so cautious about your sceneries - you can press "No" for every message asking if you want to overwrite stuff.

Good luck!

Pro Play
May 7, 2006, 2:39 pm
ty for the help.