( search forums )
About Linux Servers
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server discussion
shoover
May 7, 2006, 2:49 am
Ive been noticing most people have used linux servers. In about 8 Servers in RS CTF, 5 of them were linux.

Now, i just got a linux server (64-bit) (amd-sempron 3100) And i was wondering what are the different specs between Linux and What they are in windows.

Also, i just discovered terminal, and whenever im exec /home/Shoover/Desktop/Soldatserver/soldatserver (the link to the linux soldat server) I get a permission denied after that. Can anybody help me with that?

Also where can I get some good linux tutorials to understanding the OS as it is.

PureGrain
May 7, 2006, 3:34 am
http://www.hyper-gaming.com/pages.php?linkID=soldat/linux_install.php

;)

Krillious
May 7, 2006, 2:25 pm
for the permission denied thing right click on the soldatserver file and select properties, then go to permissions and select execute.

PureGrain
May 7, 2006, 4:12 pm
It is not that easy in linux. ;)

chmod 755 soldatserver

^^^ Something like that will change permissins from the command line.

shoover
May 7, 2006, 4:33 pm
thanks dude.

Again im new to linux, and there is so much stuff and i dont understand how everybody learned it. Im real desperate to learn linux, it sounds like a challenge to me. Ive never declined a challenge.

PureGrain
May 7, 2006, 6:09 pm
Well, everyone go their start in the same place as you. So just read up and research it and thrive to learn. I learned on my own and no one helped me. Just get a seperate machine at home that you can Telnet/SSH into remotly from another computer on your network and start hacking away at it.

shoover
May 8, 2006, 1:07 am
well luckily for me, i got a very fast computer with linux, i use KVM so i can switch monitor keyboard and mouse easily. So its a good way for me to learn, and so far i learned alot.