( search forums )
new insult: runner
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Karvinen
May 7, 2006, 11:40 am
What is so bad in capping the flag in survival mode? There is even a new "insult" for survival cappers (runner).

It's still CTF.

Aquarius
May 7, 2006, 11:59 am
I don't understand it either. If they don't want caps, they can play on a survival TDM server.

Deleted User
May 7, 2006, 12:20 pm
Well, you kinda are a pussy if you just cap in a R/S server

Mothafix
May 7, 2006, 12:27 pm
But capping is the meaning of ctf, aight?

Deleted User
May 7, 2006, 12:34 pm
Yeah I agree with Mothafix!

Elephant_Hunter
May 7, 2006, 12:50 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeWell, you kinda are a pussy if you just cap in a R/S server

You're kinda pussy if you don't/can't cap...

a-4-year-old
May 7, 2006, 1:44 pm
people like the skill of killing everyone in r/s and the flags basically control when rounds end.

but i never call anyone it.

Eagles_Arrows
May 7, 2006, 1:51 pm
I cap when the odds are against me.

bja888
May 7, 2006, 2:26 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeWell, you kinda are a pussy if you just cap in a R/S server

Just kinda, meaning a little bit. Then I do agree...

But still if you don't want 'runners' Play TM. Its all a part of the game, cap, kill or be killed.

lithium
May 7, 2006, 2:39 pm
I personally find R/S more fun when nobody caps, because the cat-and-mouse aspect is kindof what R/S is all about. However I will definitely cap if I'm largely outnumbered, and I don't think there's anything wrong with capping in any mode of CTF. People who complain about this are ig'nant.

bond_james_bond
May 7, 2006, 2:39 pm
Seriously, what is the big deal about being called a 'runner'?

It doesn't even sound that offensive. Besides, whenever I play R/S and someone caps... Two or Three people just say "runner" or "dont cap noob" or something like that. After that, it's all over and it's never mentioned again until someone caps again.

Deleted User
May 7, 2006, 7:08 pm
I cap just to piss off the type of people who get pissed off at that sort of thing. I've been votekicked a few times because of it.

rabidhamster
May 7, 2006, 7:23 pm
If they want to play on the CS maps so much, why don't they just tell the admins to change the server to TM with the same maplist?

Echo_Trail
May 7, 2006, 11:09 pm
 Quote:Originally quoted from Elephant_Hunter's sig
There are whispers of revolution in these winds...

I say It's okay to cap. It's annoying when you get kicked for it, but that's how soldat is these days. I never capture much myself, but when it happens, I have no remorse for those screaming people in the back. CAPTURE THE FLAG, People, for the love of all that is holy!

System_Decay
May 7, 2006, 11:20 pm
Why don't they play TDM well because TDM has 4 teams on a small DM map and people want to play 2 teams on a larger map, while I don't see why people insult cappers I just simply don't cap in RS servers just elimate them all.

PopeJohnPaul_II
May 7, 2006, 11:24 pm
If I am in a realistic server, I play the crusader. Those who call me a runner will die by my hands, even if it means killing the ones who stand innocently in the way between me and divine conquest.

FadeWolf
May 9, 2006, 2:16 am
Wait... Not to sound noobish, but isnt capping..... just capturing the flag really quickly er something? Or a person who always goes and gets the flag?

I'm asking cuz iv'e been called this, and I dont know why...

Deleted User
May 9, 2006, 3:29 am
 Quote:Originally posted by FadeWolfWait... Not to sound noobish, but isnt capping..... just capturing the flag really quickly er something? Or a person who always goes and gets the flag?

Capping is winning by means of the flag.

vash763
May 9, 2006, 4:47 am
If you guys didn't know, you can kill everyone on there team and cap for another point.

FadeWolf
May 10, 2006, 12:13 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Meep. Quote:Originally posted by FadeWolfWait... Not to sound noobish, but isnt capping..... just capturing the flag really quickly er something? Or a person who always goes and gets the flag?

Capping is winning by means of the flag.

my god.... and people complain about this?

BooBoo McBad
May 10, 2006, 1:00 am
I always go the safest route, run like hell and cap. Love the reaction when the round ends in like 10 seconds. What [CENSORED]s, just because none of them want to play defense.

Dark_Noddy
May 10, 2006, 11:45 am
I think its more fun to kill all then to just cap in r/s but I dont see anything wrong with capping! I play mostly R/S atm and see this tearm used all the time >_>

Quote:Originally posted by XenocidESome people are just pure ignorance and think that if they know the admin they make people play the game how they think it should be played.

I played with one asswipe who yelled and bossed around pretty much everyone trying to start a knife on knife match >_< He started votekicking and [CENSORED] :D Prolly tried for like 2 hrs before he left :o [CENSORED]tards...

Deleted User
May 10, 2006, 5:19 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by bond_james_bondSeriously, what is the big deal about being called a 'runner'?

It doesn't even sound that offensive. Besides, whenever I play R/S and someone caps... Two or Three people just say "runner" or "dont cap noob" or something like that. After that, it's all over and it's never mentioned again until someone caps again.

I remember saying that a great deal to you.

B_H

Deleted User
May 12, 2006, 4:24 pm
The people who are "insulting" others with the word runner are just tryin to make themselves not look like an idiot for not killin the efc. Just like those people that YOU kill and they call you a noob.
I see this kind of stuff quite often.

I think it would teach them a lesson if the server auto-kicked people who utter that word. N8V had that.

Mr. Domino
May 14, 2006, 8:03 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Elephant_Hunter Quote:Originally posted by EnEsCeWell, you kinda are a pussy if you just cap in a R/S server

You're kinda pussy if you don't/can't cap...

Considering R/S mode encourage people to camp as it is, I hardly find that an issue.

BooBoo McBad
May 14, 2006, 8:18 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by punxThe people who are "insulting" others with the word runner are just tryin to make themselves not look like an idiot for not killin the efc. Just like those people that YOU kill and they call you a noob.
I see this kind of stuff quite often.

I think it would teach them a lesson if the server auto-kicked people who utter that word. N8V had that.

N8V = ran by fools

I got banned because some sissy [CENSORED] didn't like when I said [CENSORED], because his friend was beaten up for it. Guess what twat? EVERYONE HAS ISSUES! You don't see me crying about something you said, or anyone for that matter.

[CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED][CENSORED] Ban me [CENSORED]s.