( search forums )
About Monsoonix/ the 404 page when loading soldat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Chakra`
May 7, 2006, 3:49 pm

For those of you who don't know, www.monsoonix.com are the 'advertising company' that links a little banner to you everytime you spark up Soldat. note the website is down/replaced with some 'sof-tech' website.

Right there above the OK/Registration Info button in the window that loads before Soldat (if you're unregistered) is a little banner hosted by monsoonix. Or there was... even if you're registered, you'll still witness the error page upon loading, as it still tries to load the empty banner but without displaying it. Crazy programming.

Still, I e-mailed Monsoonix and asked Michal what was going on. Turns out Monsoonix is actually run by Michal's elder brother, Maciek Marcinkowski. Also turns out that he's been on vacation for the past week, just when his server overloaded and these 404 webpage errors come up when trying to load Soldat. Said he'd look into it ASAP so... don't panic. Problem should be sorted within a few days i'd imagine.

bja888
May 7, 2006, 3:52 pm
Thankx for the report!

rabidhamster
May 7, 2006, 4:01 pm
It's not really much of a problem, but hoorah anyway. I also hope Michal fixes the programming for registered users so that the ad doesn't even load.

shoover
May 7, 2006, 4:10 pm
I guess the marcinkowski success runs in the family...

Anyways Chakra thanks for that update. But to me if there is advertisment, you might aswell have a working page lol.

UGK
May 7, 2006, 5:25 pm
Thanks Chakra. That error page is really getting annoying to me.

Deleted User
May 7, 2006, 6:24 pm
yes, it annoys me that the page coms up, but i'm glad its finally getting looked in to! :)
(MM has a brother?...*GASP* :O)

Echo_Trail
May 7, 2006, 11:01 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Chakra`

Turns out Monsoonix is actually run by Michal's elder brother, Maciek Marcinkowski.

Woah... Who'd have thought that?.. heh :)
I was wondering what that moonso..something was. I figured it was the online nick of some player or whatever. Thanks for solving it Chakra`. You remain a temptation. (!GMO)

Echo_Trail
May 9, 2006, 3:41 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliI'm registered, and I still have yet to see this 404 error or banner, even after purposefully unregistering myself.

Quote:Originally posted by Chakra`even if you're registered, you'll still witness the error page upon loading, as it still tries to load the empty banner but without displaying it. Crazy programming.

See?

UGK
May 11, 2006, 5:02 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Sethamundo
(MM has a brother?...*GASP* :O)

MM (1)!

Vijchtidoodah
May 11, 2006, 6:23 am
Eh, I'm not registered and I've never once seen the banner (let alone have any problems with it).

Captain Ben
May 11, 2006, 7:44 am
 Quote:Originally posted by VijchtidoodahEh, I'm not registered and I've never once seen the banner (let alone have any problems with it).

Same here. Hoorah for being rich but pretending to be poor!

Swebonny
May 11, 2006, 3:14 pm
Maciek Marcinkowski
Michal Marcinkowski

Omg thats so cool...

How about a sister?

bond_james_bond
May 11, 2006, 10:03 pm
This isn't the first time the 404 plague has occured ...

GAMEOVER
May 12, 2006, 3:38 am
Id still like to see this gotten rid of in next version. Maybe just advertise the link or banner without it being hotlinked. BTW, doesnt this take up additional resources on your system if its always checking a webpage? Im sure its not much but still would like to see it gone.

Chakra`
May 12, 2006, 3:55 am
It only 'checks' and loads the banner once everytime you load Soldat. S'no real biggy. If you're unregistered, you should now be able to see a Soldat Forums banner in place.