( search forums )
CTF Melting Point
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Quality Maps
OutofOrder
May 8, 2006, 5:14 am
ctf_MeltingPoint by Eagles Arrows (EA) and OutofOrder (OoO)

Hello people, it's been a while. E_A and me are back to give you another ctf map.
And this time we got on fire! Melting Point is about a volcanic/hellish cave, that runs over a flaming abyss.

Map Size: Medium
Min Players: 8
Custom Scenery: Yes
Multitextures: No
Botsupport: Yes

[ OVERVIEW ]
- Layout
We don't include a general overview because a zoomed out picture with sceneries makes it hard to distinguish anything.

[ IN-GAME SCREENSHOTS ]
- Lowest breach
- Low, ahead of Bravo base
- Top paths, left side
- Uh oh...

Notice that players get consumed by the flames when they fall into the abyss. But they don't die, they respawn without a negative score. That's how it's meant to be since we started the map.

[ DOWNLOAD ]
- ctf_MeltingPoint.zip

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 9, 2006, 3:24 am
I was a bit startled by the overview, but was impressed by the in-game screenshots. Good job!

CardBoardWarrior
May 9, 2006, 3:00 pm
I like how players can fall, but why don't you make it so you get killed? Then you would want to watch out for falling off the edge.

Eagles_Arrows
May 9, 2006, 10:53 pm
^Either way, they would respawn, but we thought respawning without getting killed is a better option.

OutofOrder
May 10, 2006, 2:22 am
I might add, falling also takes some time until you get to respawn, which makes avoiding it annoying enough but without taking the fun out of it (which would happen if you were also get killed).

We're going to take care of the fps drop issue. Expect an update.

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 10, 2006, 3:20 am
But falling into a pit of fire is so hilarious when theres burning involved >.<

g-force9
May 10, 2006, 9:05 pm
Excellent, I like the layout, shading, charactar, and waypoints of this map. You nailed all of the elements.

shoover
May 14, 2006, 7:40 pm
did the background colors have any affect to the uhoh picture. Or is it another scenery object you used?

Zegovia
May 16, 2006, 12:41 pm
Sweet, My eyes are boiling in the sockets! O_O'