( search forums )
Dear scenery maker - Scenery maker needed
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Help / Resources
Flying_Dutchman
May 8, 2006, 3:28 pm
Hello there. I'm currently working on a new map, Pipeline. It's roughly based on the map Pipeline from America's Army. The map is as good as finished. I only need one more thing.
Who has played AA, and knows the map Pipeline, will know there are some "silo"-like things around the map.
I need someone who can remake those for soldat, in a way that it fits the map. (So not like those tanks you see in some maps that just look like photographs glued on the map). I'm searching for someone willing and capable of making a good soldat remake of those "silo's"
At the moment I'm using a basic scenery file just for the idea of it. I once got a remark from someone who said they looked like cheap dildos, and he is right.
If you want to help me out. Check the links below for some references of the "silo's"

Basic silo
That's the one I'm using now. The new ones need to be about that size.

AA Pipeline
There's an overview of the map from AA. To the bottom right you see six tubelike silo's thingy's (If anyone has a decent name for them, please tell me). Those are the ones I need.

If you need anymore information or anything, just ask or pm me

PS; I hope this is the right section for this.

RadleyGH
May 9, 2006, 1:10 am
What angle is the map? Is it going to be side view or a strange sky cam angle which would be pretty wierd

You should get a screenshot from the side, but I know what you are talking about... Probrably possible with polygons if your into small-scaled ones. But if you dont have photoshop or paintshop pro (and dont have $$$ or like to crack them) you should check out The GIMP ([URL])

Ill try and make one now but Im not very skilled with any art programs, but maybe this will help someone?

Flying_Dutchman
May 9, 2006, 3:49 pm
The map is going to be sideview, I'll upload a pic of the map soon so you get the idea. Unfortunately I can't take a screenshot in AA because AA doens't work properly on this pc.
Thanks for the scenery Radley, but I'm afraid you made the wrong one. It's my fault though since I called the things "silo's" and outside the walls there are real silo's. I actually ment those 6 thin things with the redish glow over them.
Thanks anyway. I think I'm gonna use them as background scenery so your effort wasn't for nothing. Cause the silo looks quite good. ;)

Edit: Here's an overview of the map so far

RadleyGH
May 11, 2006, 6:33 am
http://m00.laughingllamas.com/fileupload/index.php?act=view&file=c2lsby5QTVM=

Thats as close as I am even going to try lol... Needs a better view for the stairs or platforms or whatever

SERIAL KILLeR
May 11, 2006, 1:31 pm
Here's my attempt, doesnt look as round as it should though
[IMAGE]

Flying_Dutchman
May 11, 2006, 8:11 pm
Woo, thanks alot Serial. That looks great. I'm gonna use it. ;)