( search forums )
Elite CTF
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Web Pages
spasm
May 8, 2006, 4:29 pm
Hey, I just started a Site, elitectf.com It's currently a basic site for my ctf server, But I'm ready to expand it into a huge one. Like all of us know, community support is how this is done, so I would greatly appreciate anything and everything contributed. As well as ideas for the future, people willing to admin, etc.. everything will be considered! :) thanks!

DeMonIc
May 9, 2006, 10:11 pm
You don't have enough good custom ctf maps on rotation. Also, the java scroll thing gives me a bug ( I'm using Firefox if that helps ). I suggest you check out Mapmine ( shameless self promotion ) and the quality maps section for good ctf maps, and you'll also know the author of some maps you use.

Xoland, Bxb: grand_diablo
Monsoon, Blizzard: soap
afghanistan: chakapoko maker
Mao: Cookie and Rambo
density: looks like bb_vb's style
neo kampf: papasurf

Other than that, you should work more on your mapping. Splitted and ace seem horrible, you could find better maps. Overall I'd recommend adding more custom maps ( maybe instead of yours until you get better at mapping: the forums are your friend at helpfull criticism ).

spasm
May 10, 2006, 4:38 am
I appreciate the advice..like I've stated in my site, Firefox was giving me some bugs as well and most maps were just from my collection that I barely play. The main purpose of the site is to advertise the server..and if there's a big response to the site, the maps download/server rotation would be updated/(improved?) to community liking... Since I don't know many people, It's hard to achieve any popularity or advice so I'm just throwing together some basic crap for now.. Once again, I do appreciate the help. As for CTF_Splitted and CTF_Ace, they definitely aren't my creations..heh.

Soulsnipa
May 10, 2006, 5:31 am
get rid of that scroller, yuck, other than that nice site.

DeMonIc
May 10, 2006, 10:46 am
I suggest you create a channel on quakenet for your server ( http://wiki.soldat.nl/IRC_tutorial ), because that's the real soldat community. You'd get more feedback from players, and there are nicer and more constructive people there in overall. If you need any help setting up an IRC chan, PM me and I'll help you out.

spasm
May 10, 2006, 1:22 pm
yea, was planning to get to that too. I like your site, DeMonIc, straight-forward..nice work.

spasm
May 17, 2006, 5:37 pm
Sorry for double post, but just letting you know about minor layout adjustments and new stats section has been added! Thanks!

Soulsnipa
May 19, 2006, 9:43 am
There is an edit button you know.... [IMAGE]