( search forums )
player disconnected
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
zyxstand
May 8, 2006, 10:42 pm
i think that when players leave, there should be some funny animation to it...

let's start basic: when a player disconnects, his 'soul' would leave but his virtual body would remain and, just like in The Matrix when Apoc and Switch were disconnected, the body would just drop dead... and eventually disappear.

another way of doing this is to create a vortex that bends space (and possibly time) and slowly sucks the disconnecting person into nothingness. maybe anyone who comes close to that vortex will become sucked into it too...

next we'd have the version in which the earth underneath the player begins to crackle, fire is seen, and hell slowly (but surely) opens up beneath the disonnected player and the devil himself surfaces bringing with him the body of the ex-player.

likewise, we have the heavenly death in which a holy light beam is cast over the person while, like in Constantine, the body slowly ascends into heaven.

perhaps if the person's kill/death ratio is over 1 he goes to heaven and if it's below 1 he goes to hell - or maybe the other way around since it's harder to get a kill/death ratio of over 1 and going to hell is more fun to watch then going to heaven and if u kill more that means you've been bad and deserve to go down below...

those are just some of my crazy ideas, tell me if ya'll have better ones XP

Eagles_Arrows
May 9, 2006, 1:21 am
not needed

Norris Scott
May 9, 2006, 12:45 pm
This should also be done at the end of survival games, so the winner would have his own little moment of badassness rather then just standing around doing /victory.

Possibly even make it a taunt as well as an effect for disconnected players? /jesus.

Plus it would be funny to see someone do it and get sniped as they float up.

Deleted User
May 9, 2006, 3:13 pm
This would be very cool i want it!

zyxstand
May 10, 2006, 1:55 am
lol shoot them in mid-air with a spas as they're about to enter heaven and you just totally ruined it for him by shooting him out of the holy light...and then jump in yourself :P

Deleted User
May 14, 2006, 12:57 pm
Another useless idea.