( search forums )
Impersonations
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Ozone
May 9, 2006, 11:37 am
How many people here have had their name stolen? I just had it stolen by some guy in the iinet inf server but he hadnt got it exact (-GiB- OzOne). Its bloody annoying eh?

Drink Bloody Water
May 9, 2006, 12:16 pm
Hell yeah its annoying, especially when some noob takes your name and messes up your reputation.

Death Knight
May 9, 2006, 1:06 pm
Sometimes you dont realise though. I've been using DK recently but apparently there's a known DK. Still have to come up with something

Liber_Lupus
May 9, 2006, 2:51 pm
And you stole the name from the artist. Seems fair.

Echo_Trail
May 9, 2006, 3:34 pm
DK? Oh c'mon.. That's like short of Denmark.. Not to mention Donkey Kong! FInd something a little longer and far more complicated! Like ZiadouNeenia! XD

About the name stealing! I don't think many people do it on purpose. I've had my name stolen tons of times, untill i started using echo_trail. BAck in the day my name would always be something simple and common.
Seraph, Sidewinder, Conspiracy, Ghettochild, RickField, Mukerji.. stuff like that.
Ofcourse if people copy your clan tag as well, it's prolly no coinsidence. :)

Deleted User
May 9, 2006, 4:39 pm
I steal people's names a lot. It's fun.

Flying_Dutchman
May 9, 2006, 5:33 pm
Yea, it's damn annoying. Specially when they go ruining your reputation. I had my name stolen once. I still acuse Slazenger of it although he denies it. He just got kicked out of old -:TA:- clan at that time (leaded by Alwex and me) and the copycat had the same Ip as him.

shoover
May 9, 2006, 6:00 pm
I wonder if a guy named Major that literally wanted that name comes in and gets t'ed off at MM about how the default name is major lol.

Deleted User
May 9, 2006, 6:21 pm
Never

The Geologist
May 9, 2006, 6:49 pm
Ha...this reminds me of that guy who came on here a while back and actually made a website because "mr. T is his name"...bua ha ha.

Names are fair game...pick one that means something to you and can be backed up. People try to take the geologist, but it's obvious enough who the real one is when they're proven to be stupid twats who don't know a rock from a brick.

XenocidE
May 9, 2006, 6:51 pm
I kind of wish that the Soldat Registration Nickname Service would have been further implamented. It's quite an ingenius invention by our good friend Enesce. But only a fair few use it. U13 servers are one of which that use it. I'm not quite sure if the Registration part of it still works.

Swarmer
May 9, 2006, 8:01 pm
AntiFate stole my Saw 'n Nades name :(

Deleted User
May 9, 2006, 8:15 pm
I was bored and googled my name, and it seems those [CENSORED]s at the San Diego Film Commission had to go and steal it. ;P

Back in my camping days when I was called 'Loaf Of Bread In Camo', someone named 'Loaf of Bread' joined the server and was convinced that I stole his name, and we ended up arguing over who had it first. XD

bond_james_bond
May 9, 2006, 8:37 pm
Many people are named: James Bond

I'm the only: Bond, James Bond

BooBoo McBad
May 10, 2006, 1:03 am
Searched my name on google.

Results : Soldat Forums, and that only.

The original, who owns? I own.

Morik
May 10, 2006, 1:04 am
ive yet to see another morik

a-4-year-old
May 10, 2006, 1:59 am
im sorry, i stole major's name.

people have rejoined games as a-5-year-old to make fun of me

deniitemare
May 10, 2006, 7:12 am
i have only had my name stolen once.
i got pissed of at them and they eventually changed their name :)

Deleted User
May 10, 2006, 8:13 am
nobody would be stupid enough to steal my name, due to the fact that it sucks

Ozone
May 10, 2006, 8:13 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldim sorry, i stole major's name.

people have rejoined games as a-5-year-old to make fun of me

In the project X movie theres a guy called a-12-year-old. Was that you?

?
May 10, 2006, 8:19 am
Never had anyone steal me name... not that anyone would want to, its not that great...

thekingkitty
May 10, 2006, 8:24 am
i stole this name from a childrens book, yeah you would think i would of thought of this on my own..but i was thinking along the lines of supamasta, or omegakitty or something like that :| kingkitty is just ingenous , and to sweeten the pie, i even added "master" to the nick for my soldat character. Thekingkitty though..that..was a terrible mistake :|

Also all my avatars were stolen from the same childrens book.