( search forums )
At my new house.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
peemonkey
May 9, 2006, 6:47 pm
I'm currently connected at 3.7 megabits per second, is that any good?
I'm serious, i totally forget what i was at before.
Anyway, this place is pretty damned good, gonna go [CENSORED] around with the couches bringin em in.

Soulsnipa
May 9, 2006, 7:01 pm
thats so cool, thanks for letting me know

The Geologist
May 9, 2006, 7:12 pm
Aww...someone's still bitter, how sad :( Buck up little buddy, I'm sure he posted this just for you.

Not sure about the connection speed...sounds pretty good. It's been a while since I had to think of that myself, so I can't compare speeds. Got any pics of the new place?

Echo_Trail
May 9, 2006, 7:49 pm
That's allright, is it? I think it is..

Woah man, a new place, huh? I wanna move out myself. I'm stuck with my parents till i have the money for otherwise. Yeah man, post a few shots of the ol' love bungalow! ;)

Ok
May 9, 2006, 8:32 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by The GeologistAww...someone's still bitter, how sad :( Buck up little buddy, I'm sure he posted this just for you.

OHHHH the irony....

Anyhow..
 Quote:Originally posted by peemonkeyI'm currently connected at 3.7 megabits per second, is that any good?

That really depends, see in Israel 3.7mb is quite alot, the average user has 1.5mb more than that it starts to get quite expansive.

But in sweden for example you can get a 10mb connection easly and its not THAT expansive.. in Israel you can't even get that .. no matter what u do, its not available for private useage.

So see, its all relative.

The Geologist
May 9, 2006, 8:42 pm
Edit: Bah...not worth getting into it in a lounge topic.

Soulsnipa
May 9, 2006, 8:47 pm
its ok geo is running low on rocks to break

The Geologist
May 9, 2006, 8:51 pm
Oh yeah...that's it. I'm low on rocks to break, so I'm sad and bitter as well. :( Maybe you and Ok can get together and analyze me for a while, he's all about that stuff.

Edit: Have a problem? PM me or start a topic in the bash pit...otherwise be a good boy and be quiet. For someone who isn't a [CENSORED]got you sure are infatuated with 'em.

Soulsnipa
May 9, 2006, 9:07 pm
sorry im not a [CENSORED]got, remember?

peemonkey
May 9, 2006, 9:52 pm
you're a thread [CENSORED]er that's fo sho.
yea, internets...
this place isp retty cool, i'm all cut up and bruised from carpeting and cant type for [CENSORED] what for im standing. later folkies.

?
May 9, 2006, 10:00 pm
*gives peemonkey a quick pat on the butt* ill see you in the swimmin hole...

The Geologist
May 10, 2006, 2:04 am
Peeeekkkkktttures.

a-4-year-old
May 10, 2006, 3:03 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Ok
But in sweden for example you can get a 10mb connection easly and its not THAT expansive.. in Israel you can't even get that .. no matter what u do, its not available for private useage.

So see, its all relative.

Im going to sweden, where is east?

this way?>>>>>>>

Leo Da Lunerfox
May 10, 2006, 3:19 am
3.4 mbps on a LAN is slow, but 3.4 mbps on the internet is pretty fast.

frogboy
May 10, 2006, 6:29 am
3.4Mbps = 425kilobytes/sec according to my incredibly complex calculations. Which is pretty fast.

As for the 10mbit connection, pfft. If you live in the right area in Australia, you can get close to 24Mbit/s for the same price as cable or cheaper than 1.5Mbit.

n00bface
May 10, 2006, 6:49 am
but if you're frogboy you still eat your steak well done, and that's just [CENSORED]ing sick.

I think 3.4mbit is good, not really where I live though. The average for Minnesota is 5mbit I think.

http://www.bandwidthplace.com/speedtest is a cool speedtest you can take and compare with though. I think it still works, I haven't used it in like a yearrrr.

Swarmer
May 10, 2006, 7:22 am
Medium-Rare ftw

Deleted User
May 10, 2006, 11:42 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipasorry im not a [CENSORED]got, remember?

Yeah but you seem to enjoy being banned often, shut up and go [CENSORED] the bash pit while you still can. :)

peemonkey
May 10, 2006, 4:04 pm
llama, that's where i initially went :P right now it's 5.1mbit, and this actually costs less cause what for got a package deal, hella channels and nice internetting and free long distance.
/me jumps nekked in swimmin hole

should i get fish for it, or just have a nekked fun time in it?