( search forums )
Ammo.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Sgt. Jake Black
May 9, 2006, 9:35 pm

I think you shouldn't have Unlimited ammo... Once you run out, you run out. But then like...If you kill someone, you can get their ammo clip. If they have the same gun as you. Just to make it harder. (NOTE: You should start out with 2 ammo clips {or reloads as some call it}

pepper
May 9, 2006, 10:08 pm
eh.... Too realistic for my liking. Servers with 10+ people aren't very common. Most servers have 4-8 players. It is very probable that nobody else has your weapon. I s'pose you could pick up a new gun, but with 4 people, there aren't a lot of guns lying around. I guess that's what your secondary weapon is for.

Even so, I think we need more than 2 clips. I mean, think of the Ruger77 or Deasert Eagles! Two clips for a gun with 4 or 7 rounds per clip? I don't think so. I like going into battle with more than 8 bullets, thank you very much!

GluLm
May 9, 2006, 10:17 pm
And what would you do if you run out of ammo for your two weapons?
Please submit more details, because this being suggested before, this forum is there to add more ideas to the improvement being suggested.

a-4-year-old
May 10, 2006, 2:57 am
two clips is enough for some weapons, but not all.

i hardly remeber reloading barrets since 1.2.1

i reload mp5 after every kill

no

Deleted User
May 10, 2006, 5:26 pm
This is soldat, not [CENSORED]ing counterstrike...

Zegovia
May 10, 2006, 8:28 pm
I graciously (NOT really) tried to convince them with the unlimited ammo subject, it whas a dead stand...... :/

a-4-year-old
May 10, 2006, 9:11 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by ZegoviaI graciously (NOT really) tried to convince them with the unlimited ammo subject, it whas a dead stand...... :/
did you try NO ****ING WAY

CardBoardWarrior
May 11, 2006, 1:56 am
No, no, no, not even in realistic, it would just be too hard to scout around for ammo as dropped weapons are nearly impossible to see.

Deleted User
May 11, 2006, 2:12 am
Well Sgt. Jake Black I will be the first to answer your post like a normal human and not react like a child.

I myself very much like the idea of having a certain number of clips when you start out in realistic mode. I think since it is realistic mode it would fit quite nicely. The clips number should vray per gun, mp5 start with 10, barret 20 rounds (2 reloads) m79 with 12 grenades, minigun with three reloads, minimi with 3 etc to make it seem plausible acording to clip size and how many yuou could physicly fit on your soldats body.
But I also feel that this should be an option, rather than a rule. In other words you could check it on and off in the weapons menu. If it was made optional and for realistic mode I don't see how people could complain. Everyone complained about the weapons mod but now it settled down and everyone is alright with it for the most part.
Instead of looking around for clips though I think number one there should be:
1.) Ammo boxes like grenade boxes containing a preset number that is set in the options menu.
2.) You pick up somone elses gun instead of taking a clip from them. I.e just ditch your weapon and grab a new one.

If you realy think it through I think you'll realise how cool this could be in a large battle. Very rambo, matrix, madness combat like with an origional soldat feel.

Overall, this idea has my support Sgt. Jake Black ;)

g-force9
May 11, 2006, 4:55 am
 Quote:I myself very much like the idea of having a certain number of clips when you start out in realistic mode. I think since it is realistic mode it would fit quite nicely. The clips number should vray per gun, mp5 start with 10, barret 20 rounds (2 reloads) m79 with 12 grenades, minigun with three reloads, minimi with 3 etc to make it seem plausible acording to clip size and how many yuou could physicly fit on your soldats body.
But I also feel that this should be an option, rather than a rule. In other words you could check it on and off in the weapons menu. If it was made optional and for realistic mode I don't see how people could complain. Everyone complained about the weapons mod but now it settled down and everyone is alright with it for the most part.
Instead of looking around for clips though I think number one there should be:
1.) Ammo boxes like grenade boxes containing a preset number that is set in the options menu.
2.) You pick up somone elses gun instead of taking a clip from them. I.e just ditch your weapon and grab a new one.

I agree with that ideal Field Marshal.

Zegovia
May 11, 2006, 8:53 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-old Quote:Originally posted by ZegoviaI graciously (NOT really) tried to convince them with the unlimited ammo subject, it whas a dead stand...... :/
did you try NO ****ING WAY

Yes i did, so what? im curious about how it would be.... :P

Ozone
May 11, 2006, 9:46 am
I think this'd be alright if it could be any clip that could fit into your gun (like steyr in ak-74) and if it was an option in realistic mode only. And boxes like thingamajig said.

Fraggy
May 11, 2006, 9:49 pm
How about no?

eux0r
May 27, 2006, 1:30 pm
as the field marchall said, most of you reacted like a 5 year old child... his arguments are relly good, and i see no problem if its just an option, because you dont have to play with it... its a good idea i had too, im supporting it!

FLux.nz
June 8, 2006, 8:28 am
so, wen you run out of yr 8 rounds of ruger and 24 round for yr socom wat do u do, beat ppl to death with yr bare hands while theyr blowing the crap outta u wif a fukin minigun

T-Bone
June 8, 2006, 8:49 am
i like unlimited ammo....i dont want it to change...MP5ers (like myself) would run out of ammo to easily, whereas barretters wouldnt be affected nearly at all. I like realistic, but not that much. I say keep it how it is