( search forums )
Weapons.Ini
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Hello there
May 11, 2006, 2:13 am
I was just figuring...how about making a "0-1" option on the ini file that is "levitate=0-1"

0=The bullet of the gun will follow normal laws of gravity and fall into the ground when it is time

1=The bullet will follow straight ahead until it hits something

Good things:Future mods(that include energy based weapons)Will be more "realistic"

Bad things:Spraying will be a lot easier,since the bullets don fall into the ground

CardBoardWarrior
May 11, 2006, 3:02 pm
I like how Soldat is right now, makes it more challenging. No bullet drop would be too easy.

Keron Cyst
May 11, 2006, 5:52 pm
If you want an energy-based mod, increase the speed so that gravity doesn't weigh it down much. Faster speed would be more realistic anyways since your whole point is to aim for energy-based weapons.

Soulsnipa
May 11, 2006, 6:37 pm
hello...oh thats ur name and not ur post.

Deleted User
May 12, 2006, 5:59 pm
Well, I would certainly like to see this.

rslugger0531
May 14, 2006, 1:03 am
cool...

Deleted User
May 14, 2006, 6:44 am
you can already do it with the weapons mod

Boer
May 14, 2006, 10:39 am
how? i want a plasma gun that shoots slow bullets , that are not affected by grav.

RadleyGH
May 17, 2006, 7:05 am
yeah i agree it needs gravity=0~100 or something (instead of 0/1) and 50 should be default, then 0 would be go straight and 100 would make it drop faster. I always wanted it so that you could make the RPG shoot straight but not shoot fast...

rhide
May 17, 2006, 8:29 am
I think it would be harmless to add a gravity meter, since I doubt there will be too many people using it just anyway. Most people like the standard settings after all.

A gravity scale from 0-200 would be better than 0-100 though, because then 100 would be 100% of earth gravity.

vash763
May 17, 2006, 8:36 am
With this you could like, recreate the plasma pistol from Halo effect (minus the homing)

something slow and deadly

--Jake--
May 17, 2006, 4:51 pm
Yay lets set the Law to go slow and turn gravity off. Now we have rockets flying at us none-stop :D

a-4-year-old
May 17, 2006, 10:22 pm
you could make the bullet go extreemly fast but mod the bullet itself to be this incredably long thing that looks like it is slow.

a senior citizen
May 29, 2006, 12:17 am
i like options. gravity would be a cool thing to adjust. Scorched earth anyone?

Deleted User
May 31, 2006, 8:53 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipahello...oh thats ur name and not ur post.
Dude that has spam writtin all over it, you could have at least given you're opinion on the idea...
Anyway I agree with Keron, just make the speed of the bullet really high.

a-4-year-old
May 31, 2006, 9:55 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by a senior citizeni like options. gravity would be a cool thing to adjust. Scorched earth anyone?
NO NO GRAVITY CHANGES!!!!!!!!! *starts having nightmares again* NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

i once made the soccom have 60 speed and 200000 damage, it was fun soccom only.

p.s. no bink

Boer
June 1, 2006, 10:30 pm
"just make the speed of the bullet really high."
the point is NOT to make the speed high, and let the bullet, and that specific bullet type have no grav(or neg or whatever youd like)..

Deleted User
June 2, 2006, 12:57 am
but why on earth would you need to do that when YOU CAN just make the speed really high..no grav and extreme speed will give you the same outcome..................................

DmenX3
June 2, 2006, 1:38 am
God i wish the soldat forums had polls. We could then vote on ideas, and have them put into effect that way. That would be eaiser to get wat we want. I'd have to throw in a vote for yes on this. The more weapon opitons, the better. If i could have 500 factors to change, id do it. Im just a science guy, i love tweaking variables.............SEND ME YOUR ALGEBRA!

Deleted User
June 2, 2006, 4:10 am
algebra is math not science lol...i guess it could be though

Headshooter
June 2, 2006, 6:10 am
Is your name hello there or your post? huh? I'm confused? algebra ? science? gravity?WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????? "Hello there" WTF?????

Boer
June 5, 2006, 10:56 pm
Setha, how on earth would you make a *slow bullet* which is not affected by gavity, if the only way you can get it to go in a straight line is to make it *real fast*?

Keron Cyst
June 5, 2006, 11:54 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Boer... i want a plasma gun that shoots slow bullets , that are not affected by grav.
What're you trying to hijack Hello there's topic for? Go make your own thread. And anyways, gravity is directly related to speed; the slower it is, the faster it'll fall, so your idea is impossible.

Treak
June 6, 2006, 3:09 am
i think tis idea is good u could do something like the m79 as a slow moving rocket launcher or sth

and btw afaik u cant set the speed as high as u want
@a speed of ~1000 (i dindt tried only in my weapon mod) the bullet dissapears after around 3 cm (i modded the USSOCOM)
if this is wrong im sorry

Boer
June 7, 2006, 6:30 pm
 Quote: Originally posted by Keron Cyst And anyways, gravity is directly related to speed; the slower it is, the faster it'll fall, so your idea is impossible.

No it is not. the *rate* at which speed changes to time is related to the gravity field.

eg . rate is 0, so bullet goes in straight line so there is no gravity acting on it.

gracity should be turned off for a specific type of bullet only( simulating a rocket that has wings thus not "visibly affected by gravity" or a Zero-mass energy weapon)

btw how do you hijack a thread?