( search forums )
Need Help On Designing
Soldat Forums - Soldat Fans - Web Pages
shoover
May 12, 2006, 2:32 am
Hi, i am good at Macromedia and stuff. Except im having a hard time makign a template and a good design.

Can anybody help me out? Please?

David S7
May 12, 2006, 2:36 am
Have you tried with Photoshop?

Deleted User
May 12, 2006, 3:55 am
Have you tried Notepad?

Elephant_Hunter
May 12, 2006, 5:33 am
Design the webpage in a graphical editor first, then try to implement that in Macromedia (or notepad, if you're up to it.)

Personally, I design the templates for all my sites in Inkscape. Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop should work just as well.

Edit: Knowing good interface design habits will help too. Here is a great lesson.

bja888
May 12, 2006, 5:43 am
 Quote:Originally posted by S4RHave you tried Notepad?

notepad > macromedia

Krillious
May 12, 2006, 7:45 am
To make a good template and design you need photoshop(not free) or maybe the GIMP which is free but very limited compared to photoshop. For tutorials on making the template with one of those applications go here: www.pixel2life.com

Elephant_Hunter
May 12, 2006, 8:48 am
 Quote:Originally posted by KrilliousTo make a good template and design you need photoshop(not free) or maybe the GIMP which is free but very limited compared to photoshop. For tutorials on making the template with one of those applications go here: www.pixel2life.com

Just like most professional photo-editing programs, the GIMP is only limited if you don't know how to use it. I found that it was a great alternative for Photoshop, both on Windows and Linux. Browse deviant art for GIMP images, and you'll see the results are every bit as good.

Personally, I prefer vector graphics to raster graphics when designing sites.

shoover
May 12, 2006, 5:52 pm
I am not gettting everybody to why they are pressing photoshop and notepad. [CENSORED] that.

No i just need help on putting TOGETHER ,<-WORD OF THE REPLY, a template. so far. http://shoover.net is a good template i just need some help with designs, shoutbox etc...

Maybe i picked the wrong forum *bugs another forum about this topic

spasm
May 12, 2006, 6:55 pm
most of that requires some php knowledge (ie. the shoutbox).. I don't know if you'll find someone to actually do it for you.. try www.phpfreaks.com if you don't know much about it (helped me with a few)..most of their scripts are relatively easy to install. just follow the directions.

Deleted User
May 12, 2006, 10:56 pm
shoover i could help you in designing but im not in the mood right now. i can how ever offer you some advice. if you want the pages to look good make them all look the same and most of all check check and recheck your coding to make sure they're no errors and broken links. right now i see many broken images on your site.

Elephant_Hunter
May 13, 2006, 1:34 am
 Quote:Originally posted by shooverI am not gettting everybody to why they are pressing photoshop and notepad. [CENSORED] that.

No i just need help on putting TOGETHER ,<-WORD OF THE REPLY, a template. so far. http://shoover.net is a good template i just need some help with designs, shoutbox etc...

Maybe i picked the wrong forum *bugs another forum about this topic

If you are going to start acting immature, then don't expect any help from me.

Soulsnipa
May 13, 2006, 3:25 am
hes only starting....just dont end immature

bja888
May 13, 2006, 5:34 am
[URL]

This should give you a good place to start. If you wanna learn how to design for the web, I charge $20 an hour. You should be able to get something done after about 50 hours.

Until then....
Leave it to the professionals.

mishka
May 20, 2006, 4:02 am
i got all the macromedia and graphical editing solfter you ever need, as a metter a fact its all updated and lept track of by me. if you want it name it and you got it. i dont give out vista tho :/

you belive me?

also shoover we got msn so do i WHAT A COVINSEDENCE, and we actualy know each other OMG, also yo i got to talk to ya about something important, mesege me next time you online.

sry for me sloppy spelling

khoacalacan
May 22, 2006, 7:14 pm
Oo I only dreamweaver for my site, only for like the preview and auto script put in =D
Let see designs, in macromedia fireworks try using gradient and patterns for the background of the title cells and the info cell just leave it as one color. Try to use tables to outline your site because it will be easier, like tables then another table inside. Also try like downloading some scripts from http://hotscripts.com instead of linking them from other sites. Let see and make the banner attractive and awesome

good luck

jettlarue
May 29, 2006, 2:44 am
i use dreamweaver just for coding though, i dont like the bad-markup and complexity of using gui for creating websites, its easier just to use colored text :). I use the gimp which works great if u can spend 30 minutes to learn how to proficcenly use it, otherwise its as good as any other image editor. i also use photoshop though and that is great. if you are only going to make one site there is no point in spending time learning to code markup and stuff, its easier to just dl a template and edit it until you like it. good luck.