( search forums )
ctf_Hydrogen (preview) UPDATED
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - Mapping Ideas / Discussions
g-force9
May 12, 2006, 3:34 am
I have decided to take on a project, and it is to make ctf maps based on elements from the periotic table. This one is ctf_hydrogen
[IMAGE]
Okay, this is the updated version, smaller simpler like the hydrogen atom (but I don't care about it), and some clouds were added to add character, even though Hydogen is colorless, that is why I had a hard time coming up with the layout. What does everyone think of the changes?

Other info about project periotic: I have alredy added one, ctf_coblat, and I'm about to start on ctf_Neodymium, and designs have been drawn for ctf_helium.

CardBoardWarrior
May 12, 2006, 4:18 am
Looks like a pretty fun + interesting map for a 20 player deathmatch...

The Geologist
May 12, 2006, 4:42 am
What do you mean "not much is known about hydrogen"? Do you mean you don't know much about hydrogen?

This map doesn't remind me of anything hydrogen related...pretty bland at that. No colors, pretty obstructed in terms of ctf style play. I'd suggest working with the layout and adding some flare.

Eagles_Arrows
May 12, 2006, 6:27 am
Hello! Hydrogen is in the water you drink. It plays an important role in covalent bonding! It has one proton! It's first on the periodic table! It's a gas at room temperature! >_<

So...about this map, the layout does look interesting, but I doubt gameplay will be all that exciting, because adding just one shape throughout a map isn't very good.

Soulsnipa
May 12, 2006, 7:39 am
Its too big to be a hydrogren map.

g-force9
May 12, 2006, 1:57 pm
Okay, to save time, this map is renamed to ctf_nitrogen. It makes up about 78% of the atmosphere. Used in many compounds, and plays a big role in the manufacturing of ammonia.

I will expand on the map layout more because it is a little too simple. Just a reminder, nitrogen is a gas, how am i suppost to depict it in a map?

rabidhamster
May 12, 2006, 7:49 pm
cloud.bmp

The Geologist
May 12, 2006, 8:27 pm
I don't think the name really matters here...you're not doing anything that makes this map distinctly nitrogen, or distinctly hydrogen. Focus on improving the layout and adding some sceneries nd good in game qualitues.

g-force9
May 14, 2006, 6:21 pm
*hugs rabidhampster* That scenery will help, the layout is going to be worked on, and i am keeping it hydrogen.

Deleted User
May 14, 2006, 9:43 pm
The poly layout looks ok, but add scenery and better shading.

Soulsnipa
May 20, 2006, 6:17 am
add more darker shading on the bottom of the circles

Headshooter
May 21, 2006, 4:50 am
My map is better. :)