( search forums )
Inf_AA_Pipeline
Soldat Forums - Soldat Maps & Map Making - New Maps
Flying_Dutchman
May 12, 2006, 1:49 pm
I usually start making new maps when I get bored. I just search for a nice idea and then start making the map. The idea for this map came from Americas Army's Pipeline. I decided to roughly remake the map for soldat last weekend, and here it is.
Thanks to Serial Killer for the small "silos" and Radley GH for the bigger ones.
Eagles Arrows gave me the idea to make an AA mappack. So more AA maps are expected soon. ;)

Enjoy.

Overview
Ingame Screenshot
Download

MOFO NOFO
May 12, 2006, 2:01 pm
Hmm thats pretty good, though i would suggest it for 10+ players. *downloaded*

Avarax
May 12, 2006, 2:04 pm
looks like a ctf_cs_oilrig and ctf_cs_office combination, but well combined ;D
i'm actually looking forward to see this on an RS server.

oh, and shading should have more contrast i think.

Soulsnipa
May 12, 2006, 2:55 pm
good replication

Eagles_Arrows
May 12, 2006, 11:11 pm
wow! I love those structures in the background. And the overall layout just absolutely reminds me of those of Avarax's CS Series.

Waypointing. Oh and for Octai, it was unsuccessful :(

DeMonIc
May 13, 2006, 9:09 am
Good job, glad to see more people working on R/S maps :)

( Maybe consult with Avarax and turn the CS mappack into an r/s map-collection? )

vash763
May 13, 2006, 10:01 am
I was thinking about doing Americas Army maps too.

Good job would like to see more (since I'm more familiar with these than the CS ones.)

RadleyGH
May 17, 2006, 4:40 am
glad you put my things to use (:

Zegovia
May 18, 2006, 11:15 am
Sweet map...

Americas army is a good game, though it whas hard as hell to play sometimes... it always lagged whenever i got into a gunfight!

Avarax
May 18, 2006, 3:06 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by DeMonIc( Maybe consult with Avarax and turn the CS mappack into an r/s map-collection? )

neva!
my cs map based fame would suffer under this :D

Raptor
May 23, 2006, 2:25 pm
Haha, I though the number of players would affect this map xD
With 32, this map kicks ass!

Ivel
May 27, 2006, 4:04 pm
Im a fan of colors, but this map is nice, so I didnt really care about the colors. nice job!

Avarax
May 28, 2006, 12:33 pm
this map can now be played here:

http://archive.forums.soldat.pl/topic.php?topic_id=34312

Flying_Dutchman
May 28, 2006, 4:11 pm
Yeah! His server rocks!
Anyways, I heard that some scenery files were missing. So I updated the download file and everything should be fine now
Also, Here's a little picture of the next AA map, Bridge. It needs some tweaking and playtesting, I think it will be done somewhere this week.

Echo_Trail
May 28, 2006, 5:14 pm
This map is excellent! I think it has a really good atmosphere to it, and it really gives you the feeling of being in the map. Good job, mate!

Avarax
May 28, 2006, 8:14 pm
bridge looks ok so far, but your shading needs a little bit mor contrast. also, i cannot differ between polys and tunnel in the lower part of the image very well. darken the background scenery more or use a different one. the detailed cupboards look awesome :)

maybe ill upload pipeline again once i upload piranesi when its finished :) mckenna is nice so far.