( search forums )
*-_-Vietnam Mod ~New version out!~
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - Show off your partially 1337 mods!
Deleted User
May 13, 2006, 12:34 am
[IMAGE]

Changes:
-New Interface GFX for all weapons(Except Chainsaw)
-New Weapon GFX for all weapons(Except Chainsaw)
-New Sounds for all weapons
-Weps featured in mod

Coming in final release:
-Fully modded sounds and GFX(Nades, Explosions, etc)
-New Gosteks
-Improved Interface and weapon GFX

Special Thanks to:
-BillaBamZilla for 2 pixels of the M-16's stock and for his superb deagles.
-All the Mod creators from whom I stole sounds. About 1\3 of the sounds in this mod are original, but the rest are scavenged from my HD. I don't want to take credit for someone else's work, so... :D

How to Install:
-Follow on screen RapidShare download instructions, and open the Zip file
-Extract mod to the C:\\Soldat\Mods folder
-Create a new soldat shortcut on your desktop with "-mod Vietnam" in the command line(minus "s)

Download link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/20552576/Vietnam_1.1.zip.html

Pride
May 13, 2006, 12:36 am
A download link, and a screenshot would be desired.

Deleted User
May 13, 2006, 12:41 am
I was in the middle of uploading them xD

LUNATIC COW
May 13, 2006, 1:07 am
Ew.. thompson? Where's the ak. The Vietnamiese used AKs.. and taht m16 looks nothing like an m16. Work on the shading too. Keep trying. Not bad overall.

Deleted User
May 13, 2006, 1:14 am
Yeah, I know the m-16's are bad... They were the first weps I've ever made :P

Also, if you want I'l replace the thompson with an AK. No idea what I was thinking when I put that one in :|

LUNATIC COW
May 13, 2006, 3:33 am
It's your mod, not mine. For a first time, this is very good. Make it how you want, don't listen to me.

brainfade
May 13, 2006, 3:26 pm
also, you should have the grenade launcher as the m79. they actually used it in vietnam to great effect. teh m203 was developed as a result of the war, not for the war, so it wasnt around during vietnam.

Deleted User
May 13, 2006, 6:05 pm
During the Vietnam War, the M203 was the XM203. Not in a great amount of service. And I have to agree, where's the AK-47?

Work on the shading (wrong choice of word) shape of the weapons. For instance, the RPK-47.

numgun
May 13, 2006, 8:47 pm
wow! this mod turned out awesome... =D

Kinder-Slauf
May 14, 2006, 5:57 am
i "extracted" the file into the Soldat\Mods thingy but what do i do now?

Deleted User
May 14, 2006, 7:07 pm
Wow U made a lot of work. I think U can do very nice shading. And as I see u made a very nice mod.
I think u should work on some but I love this mod.

Wanna see more from ya.

Deleted User
May 14, 2006, 7:29 pm
Ok... the the granade launcher should be m79 because in vietnam there was no m-203

Deleted User
May 15, 2006, 12:12 am
The M-203 was developed during vietnam and used a bit towards the end of the war.

Also, I have been working on Ak-47 and improved M-16 and M-203 graphics. I will be implementing them soon.

-Kami

Keron Cyst
May 15, 2006, 1:11 am
Nice graphics.

You should make Interface-gfx\back.BMP transparent because weapon text 2 and the RPG-7 graphic pass beyond it, or make it an upside-down L shape so that the feat's not revealed...

LUNATIC COW
May 15, 2006, 12:32 pm
Let's see the update!

CardBoardWarrior
May 15, 2006, 2:41 pm
They detail is good on most of the weapons up there, nice job so far. The 1919 looks pretty good as well.

Deleted User
May 15, 2006, 9:27 pm
Doing last minute testing of the GFX, etc now. New updates will be a AK-47, m-16,m-203, and edits to the RPK. I can't really get the back.bmp thing to work so... That'l be next time's update D:

NEW VERSION NOW UP!

The Ak-47, m-16, and m-203 can be viewed in my "2nd generation of guns" thread in the general modding discussion forum.

Thanks!

-Kami

comrade8ken
May 16, 2006, 5:41 am
yeah its very nice im going to download it

LUNATIC COW
May 16, 2006, 1:15 pm
New version is nice.. could extend the m16 stock a bit.. and make it a pixel or two less "Fat." Same with the ak. Shading looks much better. Nice work.

livingdalife
May 17, 2006, 2:26 am
Nice work..but the AK doesn't look right. Is it just me, or does everyone stuff up when modding their AK? I'm pretty sure that the butt and stock of the Ak (especially in the Viet War) was bright orange. I'm pretty sure I'm right. Good work though! Fix the AK and it'll replace my current WWII mod! (until Field Marshals new mod comes out)

Deleted User
May 17, 2006, 12:36 pm
o_O I thought Ak-47 stocks were almost all made of wood. And wood is... brown o_O.

I'l look it up though, thanks.

livingdalife
May 17, 2006, 12:57 pm
Actually, it was made of wood, but the wood was a very bright brown (aka Orange)

[IMAGE]
See the orange? If you look in the movie "We Were Soldiers" they all had orange AK47's (for all I know they could have been AK-74's...Look it up..(what year was the Vietnam War?)

brainfade
May 17, 2006, 4:48 pm
A kalashnikov stock and fore-stock (as seen in pic) is wood. it isnt specifically brown or orange; but even one type of wood can vary in colour. the ak74, was made in 1974, for a 5.45x39 round. the vietnam war officially started and ended 1962-72. So the 74 woulodn thave been finalised then. the visual differences between the 47 and 74 are as follows:
large and effective muzzle break
stock, pistol grip and fore-stock redesigned and differ slightly than from 47
magazine is more flat with only one 'indent' at the front of the magazine.

rabidhamster
May 17, 2006, 8:14 pm
This is real nice, I'll post a weapon mod later.

Edit: Nevermind, the current weapon settings work fine.

Deleted User
May 17, 2006, 11:12 pm
Good work, although a few tips are needed. For the AK-47: it has a wooden pistol grip and a metal magazine. Also, the iron sights are out of proportion with the gun, why not remove them entirely?

Soulsnipa
May 19, 2006, 9:57 am
Looks pretty nice except Im not really feeling that revolver... socom replacement.

BillaBamZilla
May 20, 2006, 6:05 am
Yay For my Dual Pistols =D
The MOD turned out Great. Me and Kami had long talks at school about this.
Yes the Revolver does look weird. And the RPG goes off the menu a tiny bit. But it's ok.
Im planning on making a map in the near future (hope it turns out ok)

By the way AK-47's are Brown/orange the color on this one is fine. Me and Kami happened to see many at the war museum in Ottawa and also Hitlers car with a bunch of bullets holes in it xD.

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 3:12 pm
Wood can come in different colors, y'know.

Brown, orange, red...black. It really just depends on the type of wood, and the age. But, like I said, the AK-47 needs some fixing in it's shape.