( search forums )
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Cross_1988
May 13, 2006, 11:00 pm
I'm new to the forums, but this isn't my first time playing Soldat. Not saying I've played a lot, but just a little. That's probably because I've only played solo. Hopefully I'll be able to play a multi-player game when I figure out how to use the dedicated server. Help would be most appreciated.

The Geologist
May 13, 2006, 11:04 pm
Are you looking to host a game, or simply join one? Because you can already join multiplayer games without the dedicated server.

Just hit the "Join Game" tab, and then bring up a list of servers and pick the server of your choise (assuming you're online).

Eagles_Arrows
May 13, 2006, 11:28 pm
NOTICE: Gameplay experience may vary online.

Deleted User
May 14, 2006, 6:30 am
yes..if you use dial up and hate lag...then stick with bots but if you use broadband then thats all you have to do :)...welcome

Chakra`
May 14, 2006, 7:04 am
If you're looking to host a server for other people to play on, you can find out what the deal is over at the Soldat Wiki here: http://wiki.soldat.nl/Index .

Otherwise if you just want to play online with other people, theres a good 300 Soldat servers at any one time these days, half of them full or occupied and spanning the globe, so you're bound to find one with a nice small ping. Anything under 150 ping is usually adequate, but the higher your ping, the more you should "aim ahead" of who you're targetting.

Just remember to go into the 'Options' tab, and at the middle-top tick 'internet' instead of 'LAN' then click on the 'Join Game' tab and request some servers.

A big list of servers'll pop up. You can change the look of this list by organising it by ping, name, mode and so on by clicking on the top of each section of info. Also with the filter options at the bottom right, you can get a list of specific types of servers. Dedicated servers, real mode servers, Deathmatch servers, etc...

If you're confused about anything at all, check the Soldat Wiki linked above, or look in the appropriate sections of our forums. We got topic stickies answering people's most basic questions when first embracing Soldat. Otherwise use the search function found under the logo at the top.

Kinder-Slauf
May 14, 2006, 8:50 am
Welcome wo teeeeeeeh forums

a-4-year-old
May 14, 2006, 1:12 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Cross_1988IThat's probably because I've only played solo.
than you have yet to experience soldat.
don't try to join a game with dedicated server use the "soldat" shortcut.

Deleted User
May 14, 2006, 5:15 pm
yes...you havent really experianced soldat yet...bots dont cry about anything...on the internet..if you play in open public servers...your bound to either be called a camper or a sprayer...and the wors newb, n00b, newb ect. are thrown around very losely on soldat ..in fact almost all internet gaming so if you get called it dont start an arguement or take offense to it its better to just ignore them

L3wis1
May 14, 2006, 5:57 pm
You have yet to see the randomized tactics of playing against people, remember people can camp bots dont, watch the scenery!

MOFO NOFO
May 14, 2006, 7:27 pm
Or better yet, Remove the scenery >:)