( search forums )
Melee combat
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Zegovia
May 14, 2006, 2:34 pm
The current melee action looks more like the player is playing the gun like a guitarr. :/

My suggestion is that you could do so that the player swings each gun diffrently. by grabbing the barrel and swing it like a baseball bat or just bash em with the stock. :D

And to do this more smother , you could make an active button command to swing melee, so you dont have to move in so damn close to initiate it. plus the weapons would have abit longer reach to...Like "Shift"?

(Some crappy less than 2 minute illustrations)

[IMAGE]
Deagles. the player grabs the pistols by the barrel and whack the enemy with em like a club!

[IMAGE]
The good ol' baseball swing i mentioned.

These are just EXAMPLES, i will be happy to hear your suggestions for these guns and those that i didnt mention.... ^^

Eagles_Arrows
May 14, 2006, 4:39 pm
Haha, this idea is comical but if implemented, melee would be alot more fun! *thumbs up*

mar77a
May 14, 2006, 4:41 pm
NOOOO LEAVE GUITARRRR!

Kinder-Slauf
May 14, 2006, 4:45 pm
YES!!! GUITAR IS BETTER!
(just kidding)
But i think that would be hard to implement or whatever its called

Keron Cyst
May 14, 2006, 5:38 pm
Awesome example graphics, man.

What about bayonets?

shoover
May 14, 2006, 7:48 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Keron CystAwesome example graphics, man.

What about bayonets?

That would mean replacing a weapon. But unless sumbody's gonna say the "MM WONT REPLACE ANY WEAPONS" commit. Id say replace chainsaw.

MOFO NOFO
May 14, 2006, 8:16 pm
How about just make the melee animation go the other way around? The animation at the moment goes clockwise (if facing right), when it SHOULD be going anticlockwise(hitting the butt of the gun upwards(lol))

a-4-year-old
May 14, 2006, 11:18 pm
i think the ruger/barret/mabem79andmore should come down from above on the other player's skull. and the autos should swing

Keron Cyst
May 15, 2006, 1:01 am
@shoover: that would not mean replacing a weapon. If you didn't know, bayonets are knives taped UNDER a weapon's barrel, so you can still fire.

Soldaten would still be able to fire their weapons, and just use the lethal knife animation when up-close.

Zegovia
May 15, 2006, 10:54 am
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldi think the ruger/barret/mabem79andmore should come down from above on the other player's skull. and the autos should swing

I think the ruger melee should be executed with that he holds the weapon normally and WACKS the enemey with the stock.. (youve seen enough movies to understand right?) ;)

With the mp5 i think it would fit with that the player just holds the weapon normally and WHACKS the enemy with it forwardly...

Minigun shouldnt be able to use the melee action, to heavy!.. :P

Drink Bloody Water
May 15, 2006, 12:51 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldi think the ruger/barret/mabem79andmore should come down from above on the other player's skull. and the autos should swing

I like this idea, it would make the animations look more sensible (or at least better than they do now) to make the short weapons come from the head and longer weapons swing.. Teh Barett Will be a Baseball Bat!

Zegovia
May 15, 2006, 6:02 pm
Also how about that the melee action is aimed where the pointer is headed? like with the chainsaw.. :D

Proxy
May 19, 2006, 10:31 pm
but soldat is 2d, not 3d...

and if u want melee action, SWORD FIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 10:17 pm
like melee attacking on halo...i like this idea

TACKLEbeast666
May 20, 2006, 11:03 pm
yeeeah, like "madness interactive" or something like that.
it's a flashplayer game and also small movies. you guys should check it out.

Zegovia
May 23, 2006, 11:17 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Sethamundolike melee attacking on halo...i like this idea

though i always miss with melee on halo though, i shouldnt play with those macintosh computers.... :/

Perhaps there could be a quick combo swing for some of the weapons?

Raptor
May 23, 2006, 2:29 pm
...With heavier weapons, the attack would be slower but more powerful.

*Thumb up*

Zegovia
May 23, 2006, 8:55 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Raptor...With heavier weapons, the attack would be slower but more powerful.

*Thumb up*

Can imagine a player whacking someone with the barret and minigun... "HEAVE HO!!! *SMACK!!*"

Raptor
May 24, 2006, 3:05 am
lol

The knife should have a melee attack too!

xD

GNU
May 24, 2006, 3:08 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Raptorlol

xD

Genius!

Zegovia
May 24, 2006, 9:33 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Raptorlol

xD

The regular mouse click could remain the good ol stabb attack. The melee "shift" attack could be an slashing atack then.. :P

OH AND THE CHAINSAW!! its melee attack could be a lounge attack, like with the sword in halo 2! :D

Raptor
May 24, 2006, 10:26 pm
^I didn't meant to say that, but I actually agree with it. It would take double life and it would also take double to attack.

Yuth
May 31, 2006, 2:02 am
Melee Combat. *Thumb Up*

Hope this gets implemented.

Zegovia
May 31, 2006, 11:18 am
Perhaps there could be a diffrence in knockback of sertain weapons.. :) So they push you away farther...

The End
June 3, 2006, 10:11 pm
Yes I'm hoping this gets implemented. After that I won't have to hug the enemy to actualle beat them to death.

xtishereb
June 4, 2006, 12:00 am
The old disarming melee should still be in there. It's fun running down a tunnel, knocking a Barrett out of someone's hands, then switching to your chainsaw and makin' 'em into burger patties.

But, yeah, this would be good for non-disarming attacks.

The minigun should simply have its barrels drop on someone's head.

The spas should be a baseball bat.

The LAW should be a battering ram!

Zegovia
June 4, 2006, 2:39 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by xtisherebThe old disarming melee should still be in there. It's fun running down a tunnel, knocking a Barrett out of someone's hands, then switching to your chainsaw and makin' 'em into burger patties.

But, yeah, this would be good for non-disarming attacks.

The minigun should simply have its barrels drop on someone's head.

The spas should be a baseball bat.

The LAW should be a battering ram!

Hope it wont missfire then!! XD

Fraggy
June 4, 2006, 7:56 pm
first u ram the law in his ****, then fire perhaps?

shoover
June 5, 2006, 5:19 am
I just thought of this just now but.

When we go right at front of somebody, or right at there exact position, and press fire, dont we wack them with our weapons? Isnt that considered melee enough?

MOFO NOFO
June 5, 2006, 7:18 am
or someone could just edit the .poa's =D

Mr. Domino
June 5, 2006, 7:51 am
Does melee combat really happen often enough to warrant this? I think the game is too fast moving and has too much vertical movement over the maps to allow for many melee encounters, at least anything more complex than the existing knife and chainsaw. Maybes it's just me, but I'd rather fire my weapon at an enemy before considering to club them with it. :p

Tybs
June 5, 2006, 3:22 pm
I suppose there are people who like to chase others, disarm them and start a boxing match... like me :D

Fraggy
June 5, 2006, 5:18 pm
HURAAY FOR MELEE

in maps as bridge and arena i have melee actions often enough..