( search forums )
Soldat Madness (Major Update)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Interface Mods & Mod Making - General Discussions
Pride
May 14, 2006, 6:03 pm
Yay, I'm making a madness combat mod! Its looking hot already.

[Update 5/19] Added pic of custom interface by me. taking suggestions for interface and rest of mod. Working on Mohawk, Thinking of adding Radiohead bear. Haven't botherd with the website.

[Update 5/20] Added pic of brainfade's sexy interfcae

[Major Update 6/7] Ok as you may have noticed I haven't updated this post in a while. This is because I've been really busy with school and havent had time to work on it. The mod is going fairly well. I have most of the weapon images finished completely, and I have the basic Gostek finished. I have decided on everything that will be in the final mod.

Right now v0.9 is going to contain 22 weapons.(listed below) Hopefully I will be able to find a configurator I can use. If anyone wants to create one or give me a link to one that would be awsome. At the moment it looks like v0.9 will not have sfx, but I'm working on getting it. There is currently no m2 replacement, but I assure you one will appear in v1.0 or 1.1 along with about 5 new weapons and hopefully sounds. If I get to it v0.9 will have an explosion and flame replacement but do not expect this. v1.1 or further will also contain maps based off of the various Madness Combat episodes. Around this time I will also include a seperate d/l with replacements for all the default textures, and I may even do the sceneries.(omg!)

I'm still looking for help with sfx, maps, gosteks (hank,tricky,jesus) Just reply if you want to help with any of this. Expect this Mod to be out mid July!

[Edit 6/7] Well I killed my computer, so I'm posting a link to the backup folder of all my work on this mod so fell free to d/l or [CENSORED] around with it or whatever.

D/L here

Web Site(under consturction)

Old Pic
Guns Preview
Interface preview
Gostek Preview (unfinished)
Brainfade's Sexy Madness Interactive Interface

Gun/Replaces
Dual Mac 10's/Mp5 or minimi
Mp5/Mp5
! Sign/knife
Sniper Rifle/Barret
Uzi w/silencer/Mp5 or Ak74
G36/steyr
tomahawk/knife
flamethrower/flamer
Ak47/Ak74
Sniper Rifle/Barret or not used
Taser/chainsaw
Dual Deagles/Dual Deagles
Hank's sword/knife
M16/ Steyr(thinking this one over)
FBI-4/M79
Mingun/minigun
dual auto pistols/mp5 or minimi
Railgun/ruger
pistol/socom
shotgun/spas12
steyr/steyr
M60/minimi(not shown)

Includes:
New Gostek
New Weapons
New Interface
New Sfx
New Maps (maybe)
New Bots

If anyone wants to make maps for it that'd be cool, and I'm also taking weapon suggestions. I also need ideas for Hair and hats, I already have jesus, and tricky hair.

Deleted User
May 14, 2006, 6:19 pm
Work on the lefthand deagle, and the AK. Other than that, thats pretty sweet D:

numgun
May 14, 2006, 6:42 pm
i see u resized the guns... i think u should make the outlines more clear. it looks a little messy right now.

also, if u could shade them a bit. that would be cool.

SERIAL KILLeR
May 14, 2006, 10:03 pm
Looks ok but some guns could use some more shading
And you should have taken a map with a lighter background for the screenshot its hard to see the edges.

Keron Cyst
May 15, 2006, 1:12 am
@Kami: I think he's trying to make the impressinon that the left-hand D'Eagle is more in the background than the other.

The M-16 and the Minigun are improperly resized.

In Madness Interactive their barrels alone are almost 1.(2)5X as long as the rest of their bodies.

CardBoardWarrior
May 15, 2006, 2:38 pm
I think the guns could use some more detail but if thats what you're going for then its still nice. The 4th wep(ruger?) and sword are my favorite, although the ruger barrel looks like a toothpick.

Kinder-Slauf
May 15, 2006, 4:13 pm
I love the madness game and i love this mod (or it look s cool atleast!)

GAMEOVER
May 15, 2006, 4:30 pm
You need A LOT more shading, aside from that the overall design isnt too bad.

Rhombus
May 16, 2006, 11:00 am
gameover... do you know madness interactive? or the madness series?

brainfade
May 16, 2006, 4:10 pm
This looks to be a great mod. One or two pointers though; Instead of the m16 as the fn minimi, id use the m60. Although it is burst fire in madness, It would suit the fn minimi role (in automatic) well. I think a couple of the guns could need redoing, just minorly though. If you dont mind, I could help you with things like weapon graphics, bots, interfaces and some ideas for, like you needed, hats and hair etc.

Pride
May 17, 2006, 2:30 am
@Rhombus: You're the first to realize that the madness combat guns aren't shaded or if so, very little, and I may go back and add minor shading.

@brainfade: thanks for offering help, I have just about everything set, but I'd like to hear your suggestions, and I's you'd like to make an interface (because you pwn at it) feel free. I plan to release a simple unreg interface with it but if you make one that'd be great. I've also started on the m60 but the one in MC is enormous. I might make it fire burst too is I can keep it balanced.

@everyone else thanks for your support and advice I hope you like this mod when I release it, I plan to include all the guns displayed now and I plan on adding additional ones including but not limited to: Jesus' Sword ===[100111100>, possibly a few weapons from maximum ninja, additional Deagles, a Silenced pistol, A knife, A baseball bat, a nigthstick, a suicide bomb, the cannon from marshmellow madness(stat gun), The boombox from MC1, some mixed and matched pistols and SMGs, And dual shotguns (MC 2). If I get to it I may add, in addition to the default gostek with Tricky/Jesus as hair styles, specific zombie gosteks, and a Hank gostek (MC 4 or 5).

Deleted User
May 17, 2006, 3:39 am
I like the way this mod is turning out, and you are correct in not shading them due to the fact that the madness guns aren't shaded that much, if at all. You should add a mohawk hair style.

brainfade
May 17, 2006, 4:14 pm
ok, first, could you send me a list of the weapons? (from the old screenshot and the new graphics i cant quite tell which gun is which - eg minimi=m16 etc. either post it or pm me it, and then i give you suggestions on what guns could go where. As for the interfaces, i can do both an unreg and a reg if you like. I can also host the mod at www.loonyportal.co.uk if you like.

edit: the interface is done! its just like the real thing, so alot has been cut out. only the jet, ammo, grenades and team box are left. The unreg interface will have everything though. get it at: http://www.loonyportal.co.uk/soldat/Madness.zip

Pride
May 19, 2006, 1:02 am
(Hugs Brainfade)

livingdalife
May 19, 2006, 7:08 am
it looks nuffin like Madness Combat at all..Work on the guns a lot more, then it'll look great!

MOFO NOFO
May 19, 2006, 7:37 am
Hasnt this been made already?

Pride
May 19, 2006, 7:44 am
It probably even definately has, but I'm making it again but better.

brainfade
May 20, 2006, 4:42 pm
your not using my interface? :(

Rotorvator
May 20, 2006, 5:55 pm
I like this. Samething with the shading, it looks fine at it is. Loving the Railgun. Maybe you could add a lot of the different outfit options? Like make the hat gostek into singlasses.

Pride
May 20, 2006, 8:07 pm
Brainfade: I'm gonna add a couple I do like yours and it will be included, and credited, I'll post a pic soon.

Edit:
Added pic.

brainfade
May 21, 2006, 12:19 pm
:D
thanks