( search forums )
Real-life Soldat! ... UPDATE 15/5/06
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
rabidhamster
May 14, 2006, 8:01 pm
Compy Gun v1.21
updated 15/5/06

::WTF?
Compy Gun is a fun little program I made that can turn your mouse into any of six weapons from the game Soldat in seconds. With this little program, you can have your very own battle in your very own backyard! Plus, it prevents unwanted stains on the grass!

::requirements per personLaptopMouse with a middle click scroll wheelBattery-operated speakers (internal speakers are fine)three wads of duct tape (grenades)::controls
Compy Gun can be controlled by nothing more than a mouse.

Fire - left click
Reload - right click
Change Weapon - scroll down
Grenade - middle click (press down on scroll wheel)
Die - scroll up

::weapons
Compy Gun comes with six weapons. You can scroll through the first five with the change weapon button. Grenades are initiated via the grenade button.

Barret M82A1 - Weapon 1, 10 shots, sniper rifle, instant kill. Screen turns red.
H&K MP5 - Weapon 2, 30 rounds, submachine gun. Screen turns yellow.
XM214 Minigun - Weapon 3, 80 rounds, machine gun. Screen turns blue.
Ruger 77 - Weapon 4, 4 rounds, bolt action rifle. Screen turns teal.
Chainsaw - Weapon 5, fun. Screen turns black.
Frag Grenade - Instant kill. Throw a ball of duct tape.

::instructions

A === Get a couple friends who all have the required equipment, and find a good battle location. Indoors is recommended, as rain would be a big no-no.

B === Configure your laptop so that closing the lid does not sleep it.

1 === Run CompyGun.

2 === Set your speakers as loud as they will go.

3a == If you do not plan on holding your computer, close the lid and put it in a pack that you can carry on your back. Make sure speakers are able to be heard, and that mouse is able to be held like a gun without any problems.

3b == If you do plan on holding your computer, keep the lid so that it is almost closed. Compy Gun creates muzzle flash imitation and tells you which gun you are on via the screen color.

3c == If you have external speakers, put them on your body some place where they will stay (pockets, sweatshirt hood, et cetera).

4 === BATTLE MODE!!1

::changelog
v1.21 - Fixed reload exploit. Ricochets added, along with sound volume fixes. Made screen color gun differentiation less prominent for those far away. Decreased loading time. Returned the muzzle flash of v1.01.
v1.10 - First released version. Screen color indicates weapon, muzzle flash varies upon each weapon.
v1.01 - Added muzzle flash, fixed random crashes.
v1.00 - First version. Four weapons, no grenades or chainsaw. Crashed often.

::disclaimer
Compy Gun is only to be used with friends. Before you have a battle, make sure you tell your neighbors or something like that. Do not use Compy Gun in a public location, as war vets will seizure.

download v1.21
1.67MB

Edit: 1.21 released. Since this version features ricochets, I made it v1.21 instead of 1.20 because 1.21 is when ricochets came out in Soldat :P

Eagles_Arrows
May 14, 2006, 8:09 pm
One word: LMAO!!!

Finally, something that could compete with Laser Tag!!!

MOFO NOFO
May 14, 2006, 8:19 pm
I tested it just now with my brother. I swear it is the biggest piece of fun in an exe i have EVER seen.

rabidhamster
May 14, 2006, 8:21 pm
I first did it in a college building. Real-life Soldat R/S!

Krillious
May 14, 2006, 10:05 pm
lol nice. With some fake guns this can be used to scare people xD

CardBoardWarrior
May 15, 2006, 12:52 am
Its like carrying five weapons at once- empty one, switch to another and just keep spraying. No wait for reload.

rabidhamster
May 15, 2006, 2:07 am
^I know I know, this is a beta though. Version 2 will be complete with customizable gun sounds and settings. However, at the moment, I'm just gonna work on the reload bug.

OutofOrder
May 15, 2006, 4:11 pm
Oh my...
Someone please shoot a video on people actually using the program like rabid says, and upload it. That'd be a must see.

rabidhamster
May 15, 2006, 8:39 pm
v1.21 - Fixed reload exploit. Ricochets added, along with sound volume fixes. Made screen color gun differentiation less prominent for those far away. Decreased loading time. Returned the muzzle flash of v1.01.

Since this version features ricochets, I made it v1.21 instead of 1.20 because 1.21 is when ricochets came out in Soldat :P

And OoO, I will record a movie of me and my friend playing next time we see each other, if possible.

lan.selfkill.com should feature this at their lanfests!

Deleted User
May 15, 2006, 9:26 pm
[CENSORED], now when you switch you always have to reload :(

a-4-year-old
May 15, 2006, 9:33 pm
damn, to play this i need friends :(

bond_james_bond
May 15, 2006, 9:42 pm
I'l be your friend!! This is great, LOL!

Edit: Soo basically you carry a laptop around and shoot with the mouse... It only makes the sound effects?

shoover
May 15, 2006, 9:43 pm
This is so awesome, make this a sticky. Im having fun.

CardBoardWarrior
May 15, 2006, 10:23 pm
This is so much fun, great job man keep improving and add some more weps!

rabidhamster
May 16, 2006, 12:26 am
Thanks for the positive feedback everyone. Quote:[CENSORED], now when you switch you always have to reload :(
You're mistaken for the change weapon delay. It's too slow, I'll shorten it. Quote:Soo basically you carry a laptop around and shoot with the mouse... It only makes the sound effects?
Yep. You do the rest. Although I recommend putting the laptop in a backpack or something. Just make sure the speakers are still audible from a distance. Quote:add some more weps!
Think how annoying cycling through 14 weapons would be :\ HOWEVER! Quote:Version 2 will be complete with customizable gun sounds and settings!

edak
May 16, 2006, 12:06 pm
Haha! have you made a pocket-pc version of this? My laptop battery is almost dead and I dont want to trip over the extension-cord...

Even better, how about a java version that we can all put on our java-based phones and have 9+ weapons!!!

rabidhamster
May 16, 2006, 7:56 pm
I've got bad news folks- I made this in game maker! That means I can't port it to other systems :\

edak
May 16, 2006, 10:15 pm
Doh! i was looking forward to using it on my new Sony-Ericsson K750i

Noldi
May 17, 2006, 1:03 am
ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMFG ROFL!!!!!!!! wow lol...........
ROFL!!! Laser Tag Soldat what's next?!

Eagles_Arrows
May 17, 2006, 1:09 am
NERF SOLDAT!!!

bond_james_bond
May 17, 2006, 2:17 am
just a step closer to haveing soldat replace yu-gi-oh

Soulsnipa
May 19, 2006, 8:50 am
wow dont let 5 year olds at this one....

Deleted User
May 19, 2006, 2:44 pm
Haha, this will make a nice senior prank.