( search forums )
The story of a man..... with $80 million!?
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
shoover
May 15, 2006, 7:46 pm
Last Saturday i was going onto comcast.net to check mail and i noticed that the fan had this document (its not there anymore)

The suprising thing is a big bank error showed that the guy has $80 million dollars in his back account. $80 million!!!! Holy [CENSORED]!!

Now i think the man's name is Bob, he told the bank of coures and they fixed it.

If you found out that you had $80 million because of a bank error, would u spend 10 million and tell the bank about the $70 million error. Or would you tell him right away. Or would you tell nobody?

?
May 15, 2006, 8:01 pm
i would buy someones big toe... then tell the bank

Tha Doggfather
May 15, 2006, 8:12 pm
Do you really think they wouldn't find out about you spending 10 million? You'd spend the rest of your live making montly payments (with intrest) to make up for it.

shoover
May 15, 2006, 9:37 pm
well hey if the bank made the error in the first place it wouldnt be his fault

a-4-year-old
May 15, 2006, 9:51 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Tha DoggfatherDo you really think they wouldn't find out about you spending 10 million? You'd spend the rest of your live making montly payments (with intrest) to make up for it.
if it is their mistake than it is not your problem.

technically they made a mistake that caused them to "give" it to you, you didn't steal it because it is just a mistake, so it is not a problem for you to have to handle by paying them the money back that they gave to you without realising it.

Milkman Dan
May 15, 2006, 9:55 pm
You idiots... they monitor all large transactions and they'd soon see that they made a mistake. Also, they make you pay it back... they know that you know its not yours and when ATM machines give out extra money they track you down and give it back

Deleted User
May 15, 2006, 10:18 pm
There is probably a statement in a bank account contract that mentions a situation like this. Involving reporting the error and not spending the cash etc.

Swarmer
May 15, 2006, 10:42 pm
No one is going to make a $10 million transaction. You would buy a lot of $5000 items like TVs and computers and stuff. You can't really make a $10 million transaction unless you are buying military vehicles or something. It'd be easy to get away with buying smallish things if you're careful and reasonable.

UGK
May 15, 2006, 10:44 pm
Yachts

CardBoardWarrior
May 16, 2006, 3:21 am
Funny how 80 million dollars can just fly around like that. Who is responsible for this crap? I wonder what their response was. "Whoops?"

Swarmer
May 16, 2006, 4:13 am
no it was more like:

keke lolkippljol

shoover
May 16, 2006, 5:00 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SwarmerNo one is going to make a $10 million transaction. You would buy a lot of $5000 items like TVs and computers and stuff. You can't really make a $10 million transaction unless you are buying military vehicles or something. It'd be easy to get away with buying smallish things if you're careful and reasonable.

Sry, wat i meant by 10 million was by like. 10 million OVERALL

Captain Ben
May 16, 2006, 10:27 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Milkman DanYou idiots... they monitor all large transactions and they'd soon see that they made a mistake. Also, they make you pay it back... they know that you know its not yours and when ATM machines give out extra money they track you down and give it back

Happened to a woman not too long ago... She opened up a saver's account for her children, and the bank accidently deposited $345,00 into the account. SHe found it and spent all of it in a week by partying hard and buying drugs (a [CENSORED] load of drugs if you ask me). Then the bank found out and she got arrested and had to repay the money back.

if it where me, I'd hit up all the atms I could find in one night and get out as much as I could... and then I'd 'disappear'... hopefully if the bank is really slack in finding out.

Rhombus
May 16, 2006, 11:08 am
Mexico, here I come, and here comes a [CENSORED]load of money!!!

Deleted User
May 16, 2006, 12:18 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by RhombusMexico, here I come, and here comes a [CENSORED]load of money!!!

thats what i was thinking