( search forums )
I think of a new gamestyle: STALKER
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
kastore
May 15, 2006, 11:39 pm
Hello.
I think of a gamestyle, wich is a bit similar to the half-life 2 mod named: "The hidden". In this, one person (the Stalker) is invisible and have only a knife wich he cannot throw and grenades, the others should kill him. It's a bit like Rambo match, but has more fun, I think. The one who kills the Stalker is rendered invisible next. Only the Stalker get frags, and those who kill the stalker.

If you found this aspect interesting, please try it, try to make it. Believe me it would be very funny. ;) wish you all the best, blood and gore on your ways.
-Kastore

Eagles_Arrows
May 16, 2006, 12:33 am
sounds interesting. *index finger up*

shoover
May 16, 2006, 12:36 am
This is pretty much a Rambomatch and predator mode combination. Not gonna happen.

rabidhamster
May 16, 2006, 1:11 am
Actually, Michal said in the radio interview that he wanted to make something called predatormatch, which is basically this.

a-4-year-old
May 16, 2006, 1:38 am
he said he would make bunny ears and look at us...

NO BUNNY EARS!!!! :OOOOOOOO

yeah i doubt it is ever gonna be made.

kastore
May 16, 2006, 8:07 am
Shoover, it's not the simple combination of rambo match and predator mode. You don't heal, don't have weapons, just a knife, and grenades. In rambomatch, you have advantages, but here onlt one: invisibility. All the other rules are disadvantages for the invisible.

Rabidhamster, I hope you're right, and the authors may tell us soon, if it's true or not.

Zegovia
May 16, 2006, 9:42 am
For some reason, i find it easier to gun down predators... :/

edak
May 16, 2006, 12:09 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldhe said he would make bunny ears and look at us...

NO BUNNY EARS!!!! :OOOOOOOO

yeah i doubt it is ever gonna be made.

YOU DON'T HAVE BUNNY-EARS??? OMG the bunny mod been round for ages and I especially love the 'bunneh'.

g-force9
May 17, 2006, 12:41 am
Meh, good idea but I think it is not going to be on the next version.

But I give you credit for the creativity.

Ultrninja
May 17, 2006, 4:28 am
sweet
this idea gets ninja seel of approval

Swarmer
May 17, 2006, 4:44 am
I don't like the frantic rush for the bow in rambomatch. I think it'd be cool to have a version where you automatically get the ability for killing the target, like this one. I approve. Although, once you get kill the invisible guy, you're basically unarmed and everyone knows where you are. You should get unlimited knives,although with a slow regeneration rate, like 1 knife per 4 seconds.

kastore
May 17, 2006, 7:00 pm
g-force9, thx. ;\ Swarmer, you got a good idea! The automatic invisibiliy with the kill would be real good, and the sudden death after becoming invisible could be avoided with a 5 sec period, when the predator is invulnerable and cannot kill (like in the begining of survival matches, but only for the predator). The unlimited knives are also a good idea, but I suggest some other weapon then (knives can be picked up...). But a laser, or something, wich nearly reveals the location when the predator shoots could be funny (as seeing the beam).

The idea with the knife and grenades comes from that HL2 mod I talked about before (The Hidden), where the hidden has only a knife wich he cannot throw, and three grenades. But I like the idea of a predatormatch more, with a predator weapon. I'm also happy to see the interest towards this gamestyle.