( search forums )
Little Monsoonix update
Soldat Forums - Official Announcements - Official News
Chakra`
May 16, 2006, 2:55 pm

Ahh I could've just slapped this in good old reliable General Discussions...
.. but I figured, what the heck. It's kinda official news.

Yeah.
Monsoonix.
Never heard of 'em?

Monsoonix runs a little banner advertising service within Soldat.
If you're unregistered right now, you should see this whenever you load the game.

[IMAGE]

..like that.

Anyhoo, Monsoonix clarified a few matters and proposed a set price advertising banners, so any soldat related websites you may be in care of might want to check it out.
It's currently advertising the Soldat Forums, and we've had shovel-loads of people registering this past week.

I kid ye not, we've had as many as 50 registrations a day at times.

Wooooo. Bite that shizzle, dawg. *homie position*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.monsoonix.com/soldat.htm - can get all the info you need here.
Any doubts or questions, just email the guy.
He answers fairly promptly during euro-hours.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From what i've gathered and been told, there's around 40-50000 views/players a day,
and you pay $4 per 400,000 views (as suggested on the site).
Thats 4 bucks for 7-10 days of advertising. Not half bad.

I also asked out of curiousity about what'd happen if two people wanted to advertise at the same time. Apparently the banners'll be rotated and displayed evenly throughout their course.

Payment appears to be over some alternate form of paypal. The payment options on the site seem to forward to this address: http://ssl.allpay.pl/ . Probably have to register with them, but if you got a website (or anything else that comes to mind) worth advertising in Soldat, it don't look like much hassle.

www.soldat.nl , Soldat's reliable news-about-Soldat site gives mention and opinion towards it too.

Check out Ender's articles here:
http://www.soldat.nl/news/1147772694/
http://www.soldat.nl/news/1147774049/

thekingkitty
May 16, 2006, 3:10 pm
yay i recently registered to soldat! No more pop up advertisments for me!

Deleted User
May 16, 2006, 5:51 pm
i've been registered since 3 days after i started playing...a year and a half ago

rabidhamster
May 16, 2006, 7:52 pm
Please ask Michal's brother to take down the soldatforums ad. Since then we've gotten tons of new members here, with 1 in 200 being a normal person.

Deleted User
May 16, 2006, 8:46 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterPlease ask Michal's brother to take down the soldatforums ad. Since then we've gotten tons of new members here, with 1 in 200 being a normal person.
he has a point.....kinda

GluLm
May 16, 2006, 11:29 pm
Heh, almost makes me want to un-register just to see who's going to fall into it. ;)

Chakra`
May 18, 2006, 2:59 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by rabidhamsterPlease ask Michal's brother to take down the soldatforums ad. Since then we've gotten tons of new members here, with 1 in 200 being a normal person.

Hey, someones gotta teach the new guys how to behave. For a better tomorrow.

*goes back to fantasy land of rainbows and unicorn farts*

Pero
May 19, 2006, 4:24 pm

Your an ignorant [CENSORED]. Evryone has the right to join these forums.And who are you to decide whos normal oand who's not?

?
May 19, 2006, 5:46 pm
I salute you Chakra *pelvic thrust*

Deleted User
May 19, 2006, 9:22 pm
lol what is normal now days?

shoover
May 20, 2006, 6:07 pm
the only thing i still havent gotten is why did an webpage come up, yet it says its not found... pointless advertising there

CKA Le MeSsiE
May 21, 2006, 1:38 pm
How can we change a banner please?
I have the following and I can't explain myself for the why of this, otherly she was changed in the same moment when i downloaded french translation for the game.
[IMAGE]

Chakra`
May 21, 2006, 1:57 pm

Leo's Realistic Servers has now started using the banner, and has nothing to do with the french translation for the game, if that is what you meant.

CKA Le MeSsiE
May 21, 2006, 2:42 pm
Merci Chakra` :P
It's just that i would know