( search forums )
Barretts in MI3
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Swarmer
May 16, 2006, 7:21 pm
MINOR SPOILERS:

Has anyone seen Mission Impossible 3 yet? There's this cool van with 4 Barretts mounted on top of it, and they are automated by a computer and have a drum feed for ammo. There are infrared sensors to detect people in a building, so it basically becomes 4 rapid fire Farsights from Perfect Dark. They pretty much own everything. Once they are activated it pretty much destroys the building and everyone in it. But they self destruct it :(

ArmadonRK
May 16, 2006, 7:42 pm
They're not Barretts.
I don't believe they are real guns (could be) but they looked pretty fictional to me.
Definitely .50 calibers though.

Echo_Trail
May 16, 2006, 8:24 pm
yeah, I saw it. I didn't know they were barrets though! I think the movie's awesome. I really like it how he does the "langley fall" from the Vatican wall in this one as well :D

About the Barrets.. I've never seen such obvious aim/wall hax before..

Swarmer
May 16, 2006, 8:43 pm
They looked like modified Barretts. They have the same muzzle brake and looked the same. Dunno, they may or may not be them. But I don't see what else they would be, unless they were completely made up. But 50 cal for sure.

And lol yeah, that guy was so aim botting and wall hacking.

Deleted User
May 16, 2006, 8:55 pm
ZOMG TEH 1337 H4X...no i havent seen it..i think i might now though.. :)

xtishereb
May 16, 2006, 10:14 pm
Woah! MI3 has a cracker-van? Comparable to Perfect Dark? That is so cool! If the storyline is twice as real as I hear it is, this could be like watching a live-action game of Counter-Strike! :P

a-4-year-old
May 16, 2006, 11:18 pm
oh, if it is like counterstrike than ill save my 20 bucks and not see the movie.

Soulsnipa
May 17, 2006, 1:12 am
hmm i didnt think they were barretts either

Eagles_Arrows
May 17, 2006, 1:33 am
i still haven't seen the movie yet

peemonkey
May 17, 2006, 1:54 am
Get me a still of this and I'll liekly be able to tell if it's infact M82's.
props on spelling the company name right :D

bond_james_bond
May 17, 2006, 2:15 am
Mission Impossible 3 Is currently the best movie out there... I dislike the DaVinci Code =)

But anyways, let's not realte soldat to this

Swarmer
May 17, 2006, 3:19 am
I can't really find a pic, but I was certain it was one right when I saw it. What other guns use that same muzzle brake?

Cookie.
May 17, 2006, 5:03 am
Yea MI3 was a really good movie best of the 3. I don't think it was doing as well as expected. The first day earnings were lower than expected and the theatre I went to had big turnstyles set up for the lines but didn't need them, I was at the biggest\best theatre in downtown Toronto and they still couldn't fill the seats. Maybe because everyone thinks Tom Cruise is crazy lately. I don't know but during the movie I could see the crazy in his eyes, but besides that he did a good job and I recommend seeing it if you enjoyed the first 2 at all.

Alamo
May 17, 2006, 1:29 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by a-4-year-oldoh, if it is like counterstrike than ill save my 20 bucks and not see the movie.

Whoa, how expensive has cinema become.
I haven't been in a cinema for years now...

Swarmer
May 17, 2006, 4:02 pm
No it's still like $6.50 or $8, depending on time of day.

peemonkey
May 17, 2006, 4:33 pm
You can only say what it's like in your area swarmer, here the movies cost bank to get into, if they'll even let you in at all...well, maybe they just don't want me in :P

Soulsnipa
May 17, 2006, 6:55 pm
wow ...i thought it was 6-8 everyone as well

Leo
May 17, 2006, 7:53 pm
I'll wait untill it comes to DVD :)
*btw maybe this should be at the lounge ?

Swarmer
May 17, 2006, 9:39 pm
Is it really $20 in some places? wow. That's ridiculous. I mean, If I bought a ticket, got a large popcorn and a large drink, and a large nacho, that'd only be like $18 (which is a ripoff already).

Rooster
May 19, 2006, 3:22 am
Did they have charge-up?

peemonkey
May 19, 2006, 4:43 am
it's a good $18 here at the local i just saw whilst drving by it, but there's still craploads of folks there all day and all night. yuppies.

Echo_Trail
May 19, 2006, 8:18 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Cookie.Yea MI3 was a really good movie best of the 3...

Are you kiddin'? The first one is the best by far! No Ethan's got a damn wife and all.. Who The Hell cares about that?! No, the first one is freakin awesome. Don't get me wrong though, I liked vol.III as well..

Quote:Originally posted by LeoI'll wait untill it comes to DVD :)
*btw maybe this should be at the lounge ?

These sorry [CENSORED]s have now finally, due to the upcoming of the new forums, got a chance to do irrelevant 'none-general discussions-related' discussions in the general discussions area. (wow) Don't take that away from them...

Soulsnipa
May 19, 2006, 8:41 am
ummm the third one was better in its own way. they were two different movies, the first one was a lot of mind games, not really much action at all.

ThomasMortfog
May 21, 2006, 4:52 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SwarmerIs it really $20 in some places? wow. That's ridiculous. I mean, If I bought a ticket, got a large popcorn and a large drink, and a large nacho, that'd only be like $18 (which is a ripoff already).

you're lucky, we don't have nachos in New York. Popcorn + tickets + Medium drink for me would be 13$ =^)