( search forums )
New game mode - last stand
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Game Improvements / Suggestions
Teh Masteh Of Disasteh
May 16, 2006, 7:28 pm
forgive me if this has already been posted, because i checked the last three pages.

OK the Alpha team gets a VERY defensive position, and they continue to gain points as long as one of them is alive, but they have survival mode on. the Bravo team has survival mode off, and they have to exterminate the entire red team. it's meant for vets to face noobs, basically.

( and by defensive position I mean nearly impregnable, like the top of a mountain with a fortress and tons of camping spots)

What do you think? Masteh

RabidTreeFrog
May 16, 2006, 8:45 pm
This is basically INF with one team guarenteed to lose.

a-4-year-old
May 16, 2006, 11:24 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by RabidTreeFrogThis is basically INF with one team guarenteed to lose.
really how is this supposed to work?

Eagles_Arrows
May 17, 2006, 12:31 am
Yeah I'm kinda confused, too. What's the point of having a point system in this gametype when it is not needed? And I postulate that this gametype won't be any fun.

Vijchtidoodah
May 17, 2006, 12:39 am
Eh, sounds fun to me. More power to you.

Perhaps the teams should switch after each round and then gain a score on how long they survived.

iDante
May 17, 2006, 2:28 am
sounds fun to me too, but it would be campers delight and I hate campers. EA says "What's the point of having a point system in this gametype when it is not needed?" I think it would be needed like inf where the score goes up slowly, if it wasnt there it would just be extermination.

Captain Ben
May 17, 2006, 11:25 pm
Sounds fun. I like.

zyxstand
May 17, 2006, 11:53 pm
sounds cool... but there'll be so many ppl just hiding in the maps... if that happens then the whole purpose is ruined... otherwise, sure

TACKLEbeast666
May 19, 2006, 5:39 am
nah nah, i like it, sounds pretty awesome, what you have to realize is that even though the defense team can camp and probably will get alot of kills, but they each only has one life, so if the attack team knows most camping spots they can just bombard the place, and since they don't have to defend, all the offense members can charge from the same direction instead of split up.

sounds fun, i'd want to play it

Deleted User
May 19, 2006, 6:34 am
Lol, I see 10 little blue guys stuck in a box with the red team trying furiously to get thru the maze to the box.

TACKLEbeast666
May 19, 2006, 6:50 am
hey hey..you do'nt ever disreespect pacman lik8e thdat....we tight, i'll cuit you2 goood.

Deleted User
May 19, 2006, 7:36 am
 Quote:Originally posted by TACKLEbeast666hey hey..you do'nt ever disreespect pacman lik8e thdat....we tight, i'll cuit you2 goood.

...huh?

Zegovia
May 19, 2006, 9:26 am
Sounds really fun..Maybe the alphas (defenders) could be privileged with BPV's or slightly more powerfull weapons..?

Soulsnipa
May 19, 2006, 9:48 am
is this a suggestion that can be played now or should be implemented? Better gamemodes can be implemented, i always enjoyed making up ones that could be played using whats available

Zegovia
May 19, 2006, 10:02 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Soulsnipais this a suggestion that can be played now or should be implemented? Better gamemodes can be implemented, i always enjoyed making up ones that could be played using whats available

What if they made an Gamemodes.ini (just an example) where people could design their own gamemodes, like with the weapons.ini?

Ultrninja
May 19, 2006, 8:13 pm
that idea, is SEXY

Teh Masteh Of Disasteh
May 19, 2006, 8:50 pm
 Quote:that idea, is SEXY so are you... baby

Deleted User
May 19, 2006, 9:07 pm
Sounds nice. It will be pretty exciting (in a hectic sort of way) to be Alpha. I'd play it, as long as the defenders are not totally doomed by bravo snipers and law artillery, but then I guess it will make a good reason to keep your head down :)

Alpha-KNUCKLE UP!

Proxy
May 19, 2006, 10:29 pm
how has htf hold up? it sucks... so lets replace it with that!

and its up to the map makers to make it enjoyable!

TACKLEbeast666
May 19, 2006, 11:08 pm
yea, mod an infiltration map so that it has no flag waypoints. and also make sure the map is really really defensive for one team.

Sano
May 23, 2006, 4:55 pm
Cool idea, Alpha get point every X seconds if they have at least one alpha alive and bravo get no points, when all the aplha die, red turn blue and blue turn red. The first team to reach the point limit wins.
Good idea, I liked it.

Zegovia
May 23, 2006, 9:00 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by SanoCool idea, Alpha get point every X seconds if they have at least one alpha alive and bravo get no points, when all the aplha die, red turn blue and blue turn red. The first team to reach the point limit wins.
Good idea, I liked it.

How about alpha just have to stay alive untill the timer runs out? and when it do they get X number of points.

And when bravo manages to eliminate alpha BEFORE the timer runs out, they get X number of points.

Then the next round starts... ^^

Youve based your account on a kickass character tho! ;D

martinmarta
May 23, 2006, 10:38 pm
I think this is SWEET.

Raptor
May 24, 2006, 3:27 am
Well, I think this would be a little unfair to the surviving team (if you think about it carefully), and on the other hand, this idea sounds great. I agree with it ;)