( search forums )
Knife on String.
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - Soldat Improvements Discussion
Raithah
May 17, 2006, 2:21 am
The title can't really describe what I mean. The idea would be to make it easier to grab your knife after it falls on the ground. It wouldn't come flying back to your hand, but after you throw it and keep yourself on secondary fire, knives are the only weapon you can pickup. If you switch to primary, then secondary again you can pick up other weapons. The string doesn't really need to be there, just the ability to distinguish between a knife and a shotgun. Just thought this might bring the knife to the masses.

iDante
May 17, 2006, 2:36 am
often I throw away my knife to pick up a shotty or other... twould be a needless complication

Eagles_Arrows
May 17, 2006, 2:39 am
Yes, will bring complications, but I think it's okay for the most part. *pinky up*

Raithah
May 17, 2006, 2:43 am
To answer Dante, you could just click your fire button to release the knife. Then you can go around picking stuff up again.

Deleted User
May 17, 2006, 3:46 am
I like the challenge of finding my knife in the mass of weapons and corpses, and the feeling of empowerment i get when i actually do find it. This would make it easier, and easy does not always equal fun.

Raithah
May 17, 2006, 4:37 am
I understand what you mean. I usualy use a Spaz, and when I get a kill from two screens away it makes me feel great. But I also know that it's a great feeling running head-long into a base and destroying everyone in there with a single knife. I know that making it easier to get it cheapens the effect, and that some people may not feel great about being slaughtered by just one guy. But we won't ever know until someone tries it, and who knows : you might feel even better after killing ten guys in a couple seconds, then finding a knife.

Deleted User
May 17, 2006, 7:04 am
 Quote:Originally posted by RaithahI understand what you mean. I usualy use a Spaz, and when I get a kill from two screens away it makes me feel great. But I also know that it's a great feeling running head-long into a base and destroying everyone in there with a single knife. I know that making it easier to get it cheapens the effect, and that some people may not feel great about being slaughtered by just one guy. But we won't ever know until someone tries it, and who knows : you might feel even better after killing ten guys in a couple seconds, then finding a knife.

Very true. I'd be willing to give this idea a try, it wouldn't bother me any. I might even end up liking it. I played around some more with the knife today, and i tried playing with only the knife (no primaries). I did suprisingly well, getting 2 flag captures and a nice amount of kills. Maybe MM can implement this in a sniper line sort of way? Could be under the settings as "Knife on string" or something.

Either way, thumbs up for now.

0xSilentx0
May 20, 2006, 7:01 am
Lol I can imagine someone trying to pull the knife back into their hand accidently making it swing into their face lol

rabidhamster
May 21, 2006, 8:06 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by RaithahTo answer Dante, you could just click your fire button to release the knife. Then you can go around picking stuff up again.

But I like stabbing people!

This is unneccessary, and would make the knife the top secondary weapon once again.

GNU
May 22, 2006, 2:36 am
 Quote:
But I like stabbing people!

This is unneccessary, and would make the knife the top secondary weapon once again.

What he said ^

Secondary's are well balanced.

Proxy
May 22, 2006, 10:45 pm
It could also be used as a tripwire for the ultimate spawmcamper's joy