( search forums )
Could not bind file server socket ...
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
Raithah
May 17, 2006, 2:42 am
When I start my server, the console says "Could not bind file server socket", and keeps trying to register with the Soldat, Selfkill and Polish lobby servers. It keeps trying for a very long time. I checked my router, it seems to be okay. I'm running it off of port 24073 (I play Soldat sometimes on different servers at the same time, I don't want to interrupt it), and running Windows XP Professional. I use the latest Dedicated Server, and have Norton Auto-Protect Enabled while I run the server (just to try it, I tried turning it off with no effect). Help :)

FliesLikeABrick
May 17, 2006, 3:35 am
are you trying to run multiple servers on the same port? (by accident or otherwise)

Raithah
May 17, 2006, 4:41 am
Nope, I'm sure of it. I've restarted the computer and shut down everything else in the house. I go under task manager and check to see if they're a Soldat process there. Nothing.

KeFear
May 17, 2006, 8:41 am
That's the built in dedicated server's error message. Try using the real dedicated server. You can find it on www.soldat.pl

Raithah
May 17, 2006, 3:27 pm
Alrighty. I downoaded 2.4.9 Beta, tried it out, and it's still trying to register indefinately :p

KeFear
May 17, 2006, 9:14 pm
yeah, it tries to register the server, we can say it's normal behaviour.

mar77a
May 17, 2006, 9:34 pm
Mmm, file server port uses the server port + 10 so you should foward it also with your router.

Raithah
May 17, 2006, 11:21 pm
Just to clarify : I start the server at six in the morning. I leave my computer, and go to school. When I come back at four, it's still trying to register. I'll try to unblock the port from my router, so thanks for that info.

Raithah
May 17, 2006, 11:49 pm
Okay, now, as soon as I start the server it says that I've registered at server 213.202.214.144. That's the Selfkill Lobby. All the other ones still won't register. I opened the port 23073 (I moved it back to the default) before then, that's probably what made it work. It still won't show up when I check in Soldat, though.

mar77a
May 18, 2006, 12:42 am
lobby.soldat.pl is nto working atm, selfkill's is the only that works fine. To browse for you server, head on to http://mar77a.llsc.us/lobby++.php