( search forums )
Another Question about me.
Soldat Forums - Misc - The Lounge
shoover
May 17, 2006, 5:34 am
I know i keep [CENSORED]ing about what i should do to help the soldat community. And i did by running a linux dodgeball server which is very popular btw.

But now i want to train myself to master something else. Of the followign what should i teach myself to do over the summer? (The reason i didnt make this a poll is because there broken)

PHP
MySQL
ASP
C++
Visual Basic
ASP.net
Flash
Dephille

(Im already working on my website)

vash763
May 17, 2006, 5:42 am
By flash do you mean animating, or programming? Or both?

I would say a combo of PHP MySQL can be very very helpfull.

shoover
May 17, 2006, 5:53 am
Like Macromedia Flash 8

Captain Ben
May 17, 2006, 6:51 am
C++ and Flash. Two things I'll never succeed in :D

Deleted User
May 17, 2006, 6:56 am
 Quote:Originally posted by Captain BenC++ and Flash. Two things I'll never succeed in :D

Amen.

?
May 17, 2006, 7:05 am
Just keep on with liking soldat and you will find something to your liking

-VzX- Silverflame
May 17, 2006, 7:15 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SadistAtHeart Quote:Originally posted by Captain BenC++ and Flash. Two things I'll never succeed in :D

Amen.

i took C in one of my college classes....i learned alot but didnt take C++....my head hurt after 4 months of C...(i got a C in that class, figure that out XD)

KamikazeDuck
May 17, 2006, 7:16 am
Go for flash.
I've been learning it for about two weeks and there are so many possibilities with it like animations, wesite design, games, interfaces... I feel like I'm trying to sell it to you or something.

Well, I say flash.
Flash, flash, flash.

vash763
May 17, 2006, 8:13 am
 Quote:Originally posted by shooverLike Macromedia Flash 8

Yes I understand. Are you going to animate, program, or do both?

Deleted User
May 17, 2006, 9:48 am
I animate. and I love flash

Krillious
May 17, 2006, 11:05 am
I know it's not on your list but you should try something like photoshop or maybe The GIMP
From the list I would choose flash if you have some artistic talent if not you shouldn't try unless you can get better because not matter how much actionscript you know, a game with crappy graphics will still suck

a-4-year-old
May 17, 2006, 10:46 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by -VzX- Silverflame Quote:Originally posted by SadistAtHeart Quote:Originally posted by Captain BenC++ and Flash. Two things I'll never succeed in :D

Amen.

i took C in one of my college classes....i learned alot but didnt take C++....my head hurt after 4 months of C...(i got a C in that class, figure that out XD)
*sigh* if only that online tutorial was less boring...