( search forums )
(moved) Registering Server
Soldat Forums - Server Talk - Server Help
shoover
May 17, 2006, 5:54 am
Hello, maybe its just me but:

Im running a linux soldat server, and ive noticed that sometimes it registers in the soldat game lobby and the server name= map name. Then it dissapears. It keeps doing that flickering on and off. Does anybody know why?

Leo
May 17, 2006, 6:55 pm
Bug with the lobby software. When this happens I restart the server but most of time this doesn't help. /lobby command also doesn't help, just let the server running and it will final work.

shoover
May 17, 2006, 7:36 pm
Ok well right now if u look on selfkill it will show it with no map name or players. That probably means its not registered. Is there some sort of way to fix this? I am the only server out of the Realistic-Survival to keep doing this :(

Leo
May 17, 2006, 7:48 pm
All my 3 servers do that so you're not the only one :D

shoover
May 17, 2006, 8:15 pm
yea but at least yours registers, and people know its there. If i type in the ip and the port i can get in, its just the matter of seeing it and knowing it its there.

tylerv15
May 18, 2006, 3:51 am
i have the same prob with my server it never registers and is never in the browser

Affect
May 25, 2006, 9:15 am
yeah, happens with our servers too. guess we just have to wait till MM fixes lobby problems

Tank
May 29, 2006, 12:38 pm
Are you guys using windows or linux.

Do you have a server name with funny characters?
Do you have map names with funny characters?

Have you tried rewriting your config from scratch? tried using the default config to see if that works ?

Ivel
May 29, 2006, 3:13 pm
um, I have the same prob, but it doesn't really matter. server link thingy still worx

FliesLikeABrick
May 29, 2006, 3:50 pm
the fact is that all of this is because of the bugs in the lobby server code. They are all in the process of being fixed