( search forums )
Soldat on Nintendo DS?
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
Cuu
May 17, 2006, 6:12 am
I was kind of thinking earlier about how amazing Soldat could be on the Nintendo DS. With the Wi-Fi now available and the touch-screen, Soldat would be a perfect fit. Even a toned down version would be pretty sweet. Someone should pitch the idea to a developer. =D

It could also be good on the upcoming "Wii" - but would probably be less attractive to the market who really want their "fancy" (yet overrated) First Person pretty games.

Either way, I'm sure this has been asked before, but have their ever been plans to possibly bring Soldat to the console world?

X¬Rã¥
May 17, 2006, 6:40 am
No bloody way this will ever happen.

1. Screens smaller.
2. Less buttons.
3. Harder to aim.

And last but not least:

4. You have to pay.

Deleted User
May 17, 2006, 6:53 am
 Quote:Originally posted by X¬Rã¥No bloody way this will ever happen.

1. Screens smaller. Better graphics.
2. Less buttons. Simpler gameplay.
3. Harder to aim. Not with the touch screen.

And last but not least:

4. You have to pay. ...Okay, you win here.

Hehe, even though i know this is a dumb idea, i wanted to show you that those were dumb reasons why. I'm an ass.

=]

?
May 17, 2006, 7:09 am
in theory its a great idea, metriod hunters is a friggin blast, but alot of the fanbase would leave if michal "sold out"

X¬Rã¥
May 17, 2006, 7:22 am
 Quote:Originally posted by SadistAtHeart Quote:Originally posted by X¬Rã¥No bloody way this will ever happen.

1. Screens smaller. Better graphics.
2. Less buttons. Simpler gameplay.
3. Harder to aim. Not with the touch screen.

And last but not least:

4. You have to pay. ...Okay, you win here.

Hehe, even though i know this is a dumb idea, i wanted to show you that those were dumb reasons why. I'm an ass.

=]

...Oh...Damn...Your right, i shoulda just said 'no, cause you have to pay'

Krillious
May 17, 2006, 8:10 am
and anyway the only way soldat would be fun, would be if it had a storyline and maybe missions not just "A couple of guys decided to kill each other and you can be one of them." That would make it boring

Stealth870
May 17, 2006, 12:40 pm
 Quote:and anyway the only way soldat would be fun, would be if it had a storyline and maybe missions not just "A couple of guys decided to kill each other and you can be one of them." That would make it boring

So you're saying Soldat is boring right now, because it doesn't have a story line? WTH is the difference putting it on a portable...

And also, why would you have to pay? Its called homebrew people, and if someone is willing to program it, I'm sure a Soldat-clone would work very well. :)

Captain Ben
May 17, 2006, 12:54 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Stealth870 Quote:and anyway the only way soldat would be fun, would be if it had a storyline and maybe missions not just "A couple of guys decided to kill each other and you can be one of them." That would make it boring

So you're saying Soldat is boring right now, because it doesn't have a story line? WTH is the difference putting it on a portable...

And also, why would you have to pay? Its called homebrew people, and if someone is willing to program it, I'm sure a Soldat-clone would work very well. :)

Homebrew on a PSP sure, but homebrew on a DS? Never seen that before.

Krillious
May 17, 2006, 4:38 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Stealth870 Quote:and anyway the only way soldat would be fun, would be if it had a storyline and maybe missions not just "A couple of guys decided to kill each other and you can be one of them." That would make it boring

because if it doesn't have a story line then why pay? just play the free version don't buy it for DS

Pero
May 17, 2006, 5:17 pm
Free or not, it aint gonna happen.

Stealth870
May 17, 2006, 5:38 pm
Cpt. Ben, there's homebrew for EVERY console/portable that comes out :) Heck, DS already has a full Linux OS on it.

Pero, yea, I highly doubt anyone programming this. No one has even bothered to write a clone for Linux or Mac, why for a DS?

shoover
May 17, 2006, 8:22 pm
DS = DUMB for SOLDAT

Fraggy
May 17, 2006, 8:25 pm
WTF how do u think the control should work? if u use the styles for aiming, you never can throw nades, change weaps, crouch, and move at the same time with 1 hand!

a-4-year-old
May 17, 2006, 10:16 pm
I WATS SOLDAT FOR THE PC THAT WOULD BE SO KICK ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111ONE

no stop asking, it would be too difficult to port.

Aegis
May 17, 2006, 10:33 pm
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!
Handheld discussions are getting as bad as vehicles.. do we really need a new topic every other day?

bond_james_bond
May 17, 2006, 10:51 pm
Soldat should not be on any console - espcially because someone mentioned that you couldn't crouch,shoot and aim with one hand simultaneously.

But in comparison - theoritically if Soldat should come out on a handheld (not saying it should)- the DS would be most fit.

FliesLikeABrick
May 17, 2006, 10:58 pm
this has been suggested/discussed about 15 times in the past 5 months, maybe more. there are tons of technical reasons this couldn't happen that I don't want to explain again. If you're curious, go look at all the past threads I've locked about this