( search forums )
101 Soldat bugs (with examples)
Soldat Forums - Soldat Talk - General Discussions
bja888
May 17, 2006, 9:40 pm
First let me start by showing an example of why bonuses should not be a enabled in normal ctf servers...
[URL]
Not only did I take out their whole team with little effort but got accused of hacking....

[URL]
The very fact that the other team managed to win clearly states the huge weapon balance problem. When 4 well placed shots become pointless due to one poorly placed shot. When many nades go off an everyone walks away untouched. You put your reflexes to the test and dance around your opponent with lightning fast reflexes to be rewarded with a gun that wont shoot all the sudden.
When you record perfect examples of problems with the game. Only to find yet more problems.

Then it is time for something to be done about it. Since nothing has been done I will not waist my time with it. No more soldat for me. Great idea, poorly executed. Its too frustrating trying to deal with this game.
I regret not being able to finish SolDoc, here is the source if anyone wants a good framework. It doesn't even connect yet though...
[URL]

FliesLikeABrick
May 17, 2006, 10:00 pm
are you kidding? you're leaving because of one thing that you think is a balance issue,and therefore a severe bug? maybe you're just good? maybe people should have them disabled in normal ctf.... or maybe thats just how it was meant to be

a-4-year-old
May 17, 2006, 10:05 pm
lol, you are almost as bad as the people leaving with the bashpit, I like the challenge of shooting someone who is "invisible" or someone who has shots 4 times better than mine, you just need to be 4 times better than them (not always hard) and it isnt a balance issue as everyone has a reasonable chance of getting it, it would only be a map issue.

you can just play with no bonuses...

shoover
May 17, 2006, 10:13 pm
Pathetic, there are things in soldat that everybody is affected by. And just remember, 1 creator. Not a disney corporation made this so you have to keep [CENSORED]ing about them and win over it, but you just have to deal with them. So what if there unbalanced things like bonuses, so what if ppl think your hacking. Thats the internet life. Get over it.

bond_james_bond
May 17, 2006, 10:53 pm
so because some servers use bonuses and you have a bad day means you give up soldat? Watch as he comes crawling back with the release of a new version- You've been dedicated to Soldat forr too long my dear friend.

bja888
May 17, 2006, 11:10 pm
The bonus problem was mostly off topic. The reason I decided to add it to this topic is because the demo wont play.
I might return if the bugs get fixed.

The Geologist
May 17, 2006, 11:15 pm
Want some cheese with your whine? Friggin' baby.

Captain Ben
May 17, 2006, 11:22 pm
IF your gun won't work, just go prone, roll or backflip and it'll work just fine.
Can I be a moderator now?

FliesLikeABrick
May 17, 2006, 11:54 pm
bugs are more likely to get fixed if intelligent people with a sense of programming, logic, and troubleshooting stick around... yes I'm talking to you bja888

lordrohith
May 18, 2006, 1:00 am
Flies is so persuasive :) But he is right.

Just stick around and wait for the bugs to get fixed, they have been getting fixed, just at a slow pace. Besided think of all the good qualities of soldat.

bja888
May 18, 2006, 2:28 am
I'll sleep on it....

Deleted User
May 18, 2006, 2:29 am
I downloaded the first demo, and tried watching it. I get up to the part when you pick up the berserker and a guy throws a nade at you, but then soldat freezes and i get an access violation.

Deleted User
May 18, 2006, 3:21 am
Quit life while your at it. People who quit cuz of meazly bugs like that should just get off the internet...

Deleted User
May 18, 2006, 4:41 am
Attention [CENSORED].

OMG bad day at dur Soldat oh noes!!11one I am quittering!

-

I never technacally laft and you cant proof it so thare.

Deleted User
May 18, 2006, 2:42 pm
Excuse me, this a server option. A majority of servers have them disabled.

Zegovia
May 18, 2006, 3:25 pm
Sh*t happens buddy, get used to it.. ^^

Deleted User
May 18, 2006, 4:47 pm
 Quote:Originally posted by Lapis_LazuliOMG bad day at dur Soldat oh noes!!11one I am quittering!

-

I never technacally laft and you cant proof it so thare.

Owned.

GAMEOVER
May 19, 2006, 5:17 am
LMAO just goes to show what your made of as a player which obviously aint much. Yeah yeah theres bugs so what work around em you baby.

Soulsnipa
May 19, 2006, 8:47 am
or code something to fix them, then submit them to michal

Pero
May 19, 2006, 10:48 am
Got a bad day in soldat? We dont care!

Deleted User
May 19, 2006, 2:35 pm
Yea, I was really mad since I had gone on a trip and 1.3 got released; but I got over it and now I love 1.3.1.

XenocidE
May 19, 2006, 11:05 pm
Let him complain, whine, and quit. For us to call him these things shows absolutely nothing. But I feel what he's talking about. 1.3.1 has some of the worst bugs I've seen in quite a long time out of all the versions. Bugs have always been there, but the current bugs that everyone deals with is just getting annoying and makes games that are supposed to be fun and competitive, turn into worthless games of annoyances.

Everyday I get annoyed with bugs, and how the bugs ruin a perfectly good, fun game. Plus, I'm still really baffled by the fact that Soldat is one of the laggiest games I play on my computer. Just randomly some days I can't keep a ping less then 350 for 10 minutes. Come to think of it, I've been having this issue since 1.3.0 came out. I used to have one of the best pings back in 1.2.1 (average on the U13 Private of under 88). There are so many annoyances in Soldat, and one of the major ones, that annoy me, is the bugs. But I'm on bja888's side. I'm getting tired of the lack of fun good games that just turn to crap because of random bugs.

So you can flame me too if you'd like. I could really care less considering the fact that you are wasting your time to say how I'm just being selfish and inconsiderate. So, lets consider that fact that if he does quit, then he's not really doing anything for the community and thus I say let's just drop it.

Deleted User
May 20, 2006, 12:49 am
wow..thats oddly true..bugs are annoying and i understand why he is upset..but i dont know..personally i just work around them..leave if you must..but its been fun with you here

Elephant_Hunter
May 20, 2006, 1:10 am
 Quote:Originally posted by XenocidELet him complain, whine, and quit. For us to call him these things shows absolutely nothing. But I feel what he's talking about. 1.3.1 has some of the worst bugs I've seen in quite a long time out of all the versions. Bugs have always been there, but the current bugs that everyone deals with is just getting annoying and makes games that are supposed to be fun and competitive, turn into worthless games of annoyances.

Everyday I get annoyed with bugs, and how the bugs ruin a perfectly good, fun game. Plus, I'm still really baffled by the fact that Soldat is one of the laggiest games I play on my computer. Just randomly some days I can't keep a ping less then 350 for 10 minutes. Come to think of it, I've been having this issue since 1.3.0 came out. I used to have one of the best pings back in 1.2.1 (average on the U13 Private of under 88). There are so many annoyances in Soldat, and one of the major ones, that annoy me, is the bugs. But I'm on bja888's side. I'm getting tired of the lack of fun good games that just turn to crap because of random bugs.

So you can flame me too if you'd like. I could really care less considering the fact that you are wasting your time to say how I'm just being selfish and inconsiderate. So, lets consider that fact that if he does quit, then he's not really doing anything for the community and thus I say let's just drop it.

Xenocide, it would be ludicrous for me to even bother with you. You're already so absorbed with the delusion of these so-called "bugs" all of a sudden it doesn't matter how well players play, for you, bugs make the game. You're not really on bja's side, as bja is wanting to quit. Unfortunately, you are not. Maybe we care about bja and would like him to stay.

Bonuses are an awesome addition to the game, but most CTF servers don't have them turned on. Just because some folks accuse you of hacking doesn't mean you should quit Soldat. I've been accused of hacking in nearly every online game I've played.

As for your second demo, I must point out that you didn't hit with a single one of those nades... Unless, of course, the demo is bugged out as well ;)